Alex Jones..

Soldato
You think convincing a significant % of the population that their vote doesn't count, that no matter who they vote for the election process is corrupt and their candidate can't win because the election is rigged isn't dangerous to democracy? How long before that % decide that the election process isn't for them any longer and instead they fall in behind a candidates that promise to take power and keep regardless. January 6th was just a tiny taster of that, you'd have to be naive to think it can't happen again and on a much lager scale. When citizens believe society no longer represents them they act. Its happened numerous times elsewhere and there is no reason it can't happen in the US.
I think a lot of people think their vote doesn't count anyway.

I agree on voter apathy. But I'd say the main people doing direct action don't listen to Alex Jones.

There is a general disengagement with society for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did CNN not also do that for 2 years with the fake Russia gate news story, and by claiming Trump was involved in some how hacking the election? A lot people didn't (and still don't) view Donald Trump as a legitimate President because of them running that news story for several years, it likely affected the outcome of the next election, but that's okay. When citizens are falsely told by a large media outlet for several years that their President has been in collusion with a hostile foreign state, is that not a danger to Democracy?

Russia did interfere. People associated with Trump worked with Russia or Russian agents, the release of the hacked emails being one such event.

For me if people associated with the candidate are working with foreign entities to influence an election that is about as wrong as it gets. Lets not forget his own son and son in law met with Russian agents to try and get dirt on Hilary. They were not there to discuss adoption lol.

Tell us where the 2020 election was stolen? You can't because it wasn't. The Trump administration against Trump's wishes said it was the most honest election ever. I believe he fired the person responsible for releasing that because he went against his big lie.

Trump was saying the election was going to be stolen from him in 2016 long before the actual election. He and the likes of Tucker have done way more to undermine democracy than the likes of CNN.

You realise that there are legitimate links to Russia that aren't anything nefarious, right? People in business and politics deal with people of all nationalities and governments, someone from Russia speaking to someone from Trumps campaign could be about rigging the election, it's more likely to be about discussing Trumps policy towards Russia should he have won and what that might look like, forming working relationships. The problem is that for some reason you don't look at the most straight forward answer being the right one, you're looking at some how delegitimising Trump as a President. This is what the likes of CNN did to people, they are blatant propaganda, along with basically every US media outlet.

So Roger Stone working with Wikileaks and Russia to release those hacked emails was legitimate was it? Was Trump's NSA talking to Russia behind the US governments back and undermining them and then lying to Pence legitimate? The Republican controlled Senate reports on Russia Interference said Russia interfered and worked to help Trump get elected.

Nothing unique, the UK does it, China does, the US does it; it's unfortunately how international intelligence services work.

The US were caught spying on Germany, an ally lol. Russia isn't some special country doing bad things and we're the good guys, everyone pushes their own self interests.

Those are nothing like what happened in 2016.

You're saying "..." because there's supposed to be an inference, but there's no evidence of that. You are doing the thing that you accuse others of doing, delegitimising an election.

We have no idea. We do know he spent 90 minutes talking to Putin with no one but an interpreter which is pretty much unheard of. Why didn't he want his closest aides in that meeting? What was said?
Did that affect more or less votes than the Hunter Biden story? I'm guessing far less.

That is all you've got and its still a massive non story. Years later the Republicans in Congress have zero on Biden in regards to this. His son was never in government service, his son wasn't running for office. The firing of that corrupt prosecutor in Ukraine was supported by every Western gov and institution because he was corrupt and in Putin's pocket. You sound no better than James Comer, banging on the same drum because that is all you have but its a nothing story.

If you are so concerned with the family of candidates why the hell did his son in law get $2b in investment straight after Trump left office? Its not because he's some great businessman, he's the opposite, he had to be bailed out of a bad investment in 666 Fifth Avenue by Qatar while he worked in the WH and that is shady as **** as the Trump administration changed its policy on Qatar just before the "investment". Why aren't you concerned at that like you are Hunter Biden?

Soldato
I think a lot of people think their vote doesn't count anyway.

I agree on voter apathy. But I'd say the main people doing direct action don't listen to Alex Jones.

There is a general disengagement with society for a variety of reasons.

Not thinking you vote counts because of the voting system such as "first past the post" is not what I am talking about. Tucker and Jones are telling their supporters that it doesn't matter who you vote for because the elections are rigged and are decided before the votes are cast. That is an outright lie and its incredible dangerous.

Soldato
Not thinking you vote counts because of the voting system such as "first past the post" is not what I am talking about. Tucker and Jones are telling their supporters that it doesn't matter who you vote for because the elections are rigged and are decided before the votes are cast. That is an outright lie and its incredible dangerous.
Is it a lie though, there seems to be a lot of strange goings on in that last election, 81 million votes for Biden.... Come on man!

Last edited:
Associate
Is it a lie though, there seems to be a lot of strange goings on in that last election, 81 million votes for Biden.... Come on man!

Wut ?

1. If you paid any attention to us politics you would know the dems cleaned up in mid terms prior to the election, a clear sign of republican popularity falling amongst swing voters

2. It was one of the most polarising elections ever, turnout was always going to be huge. Biden beating probably the most polarising candidate ever by 7 million is very believable.

3. Every attempt by republicans to suggest there was election fraud has failed miserably due to them not having a single shred of evidence hence why numerous trump appointed judges told them to sod off

4. Biden didnt need to be massively popular to get 80 million votes, he just needed to be seen as a viable alternative to Trump. It always amuses me when trump fans are like “where are bidens sold out rallies” as if it’s some great point. These people are too dumb to realise most people aren’t fans of politicians, their cult of freaks are an exception to the norm. For most people you simply vote for the candidate you think is best/least worse. This doesn’t mean you’re a fan of them who will got to rallies, wave flags and endlessly nosh them off as americas great saviour.

I’ll vote for Keir Starmer at the next general election despite thinking he’s a bit of a melt, why ? Because the alternative is far worse imo.

To sum things up… the only people still going on about election fraud are the most terminally stupid dregs of society and shameless grifters who know it’s nonsense but make bank telling idiots it’s not nonsense.

Last edited:
Soldato
To sum things up… the only people still going on about election fraud are the most terminally stupid dregs of society and shameless grifters who know it’s nonsense but make bank telling idiots it’s not nonsense.

I remember somebody on here declaring that Joe Biden couldn’t have possibly beat Trump, because Trump had more Twitter followers. And they were serious.

Soldato
Wut ?

1. If you paid any attention to us politics you would know the dems cleaned up in mid terms prior to the election, a clear sign of republican popularity falling amongst swing voters

2. It was one of the most polarising elections ever, turnout was always going to be huge. Biden beating probably the most polarising candidate ever by 7 million is very believable.

3. Every attempt by republicans to suggest there was election fraud has failed miserably due to them not having a single shred of evidence hence why numerous trump appointed judges told them to sod off

4. Biden didnt need to be massively popular to get 80 million votes, he just needed to be seen as a viable alternative to Trump. It always amuses me when trump fans are like “where are bidens sold out rallies” as if it’s some great point. These people are too dumb to realise most people aren’t fans of politicians, their cult of freaks are an exception to the norm. For most people you simply vote for the candidate you think is best/least worse. This doesn’t mean you’re a fan of them who will got to rallies, wave flags and endlessly nosh them off as americas great saviour.

I’ll vote for Keir Starmer at the next general election despite thinking he’s a bit of a melt, why ? Because the alternative is far worse imo.

Indeed.

You will notice that those that lose any election/vote, be it the 2016 US, 2020 US, or even the 2016 Brexit vote, get this element of people who are hysterical over losing and cling to this idea the result is incorrect for various reasons.

In all cases, no one has been able to bring any conclusive evidence that the outcomes are incorrect, people just gloss over their own allegiances propaganda and can only see the oppositions propaganda..

The problem more recently is the media and politicians have become very adept at emotional hacking of people.. and it works... on both sides..

Soldato

It is very odd how cultish they they are. Trump rallies remind me of the televangelists over there, grifters who prey on people who are desperate to believe. Rather than religion though they prey on their insecurities and victim culture that they are being replaced etc. No politician should be treated like that, 99% don't give a crap about "the people" and populists certainly don't.

Soldato
Indeed.

You will notice that those that lose any election/vote, be it the 2016 US, 2020 US, or even the 2016 Brexit vote, get this element of people who are hysterical over losing and cling to this idea the result is incorrect for various reasons.

In all cases, no one has been able to bring any conclusive evidence that the outcomes are incorrect, people just gloss over their own allegiances propaganda and can only see the oppositions propaganda..

The problem more recently is the media and politicians have become very adept at emotional hacking of people.. and it works... on both sides..

I think with Brexit was just the outright lies. We don't have that in our elections normally, they are on the whole fairly tame, yeah some of the tabloids might go too far but that was on another level from the politicians, it reminded me more of US elections and that is not something we should ever look to replicate.

Soldato
Indeed.

Wasn't there also something about the Brexit vote regarding a 3% margin not usually being classed as a majority win as it's too close to call. I think Switzerland had a similar vote outcome and then held a second vote?

Last edited:
Soldato
There's also a big difference between claiming there was fraudulent voting and that the vote was influenced by the ability/willingness of one side to just lie.

Unless you're one of the ones who were influenced, in that case "move on" "stop whining".

Back
Top Bottom