Apple vs Samsung, court orders Samsung to show Apple 5 new phones

Soldato
With all this patent nonsense WP7 might be about to become very attractive to OEMs.

HTC already came out and said WP7 makes up over 20% of all their sales and is going to rise.

Then we've got samsung's commitment to WP7, plus of course Nokia.

Soldato
WP7 isn't really applicable to tablets though is it, and phone wise it seems the rectangle bit doesn't apply or Apple would be suing for all smartphones as well :p

AFAIK the 3 remaining patents in Australia are UI/Touch based ones, and the offer from Samsung was to tweak the software to avoid using these, and Apple have basically said they'd rather not have the competition...

I already had a bit of an irrational anti-apple stance but now I really hope Samsung gets some traction in Korea/Europe/<others> with this potential new case against the iPhone 5, some nice injuctions to stop sales for as long as possible and it's all good :p

Man of Honour
WP7 isn't really applicable to tablets though is it, and phone wise it seems the rectangle bit doesn't apply or Apple would be suing for all smartphones as well :p

Windows8 does though.

I expect certain patents to be overturned and by the look of court cases and the fact samsung appears to be back peddling, for samsung and other to be the net losers(but all parties to win some and lose some). But in real terms won't make sod all difference. It's all pocket change to them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Windows8 does though.

I expect certain patents to be overturned and by the look of court cases and samsung back peddling, for samsung and other to be the net losers. But in real terms won't make sod all difference. It's all pocket change to them.

Indeed, but not relevant for another year or so, assuming it doesn't slip at all.

Quite probably, and both companies can afford whatever happens, would just like to see Apple 'lose' once or twice though :p

Soldato
They won't get it banned in time anyway (or even at all), so it's not like it matters.

It would be a pretty big loss to people that buy the phone that is best for them instead of arguing about it. ;)

You really think the average person on the street looks up the pros/cons to decide the iPhone is best for them?

hehehe lol bless

Man of Honour
You really think the average person on the street looks up the pros/cons to decide the iPhone is best for them?

hehehe lol bless

"hehehe"

No, but I'm sure quite a lot of them do.

In fact, I know plenty of people that do, myself included.

Soldato
The typical iPhone buyer only wants to know:

Whats the picture taking ability like
Whats the video recording like
What are the apps like
Any quirky features?
Price!

How do i know? i just described my other half and her sister in a nutshell :p

Now on topic - anyone else predicting that the more this drags on the more Apple/Samsung will just settle?

Man of Honour
Have you got anything constructive to add instead of just being an irritating troll?

Why bother to even reply then? You've RTMd which was the correct thing but then you decided to take the matter into your own hands.. It doesn't make any sense at all..

The problem is that it becomes much harder for us to remove troll posts when everyone else starts posting follow up comments and/or even quoting.

Back
Top Bottom