England squad announcement

Soldato
I know it's unlikely White would start but I'm amazed he's turned his back on England. Surely you just get on with it, playing for England is the pinnacle for me.

Soldato
The spine of Maguire, Henderson, Rashford is the best England have ever had. How anyone wants to exclude themselves from that is mind boggling.

Associate
Same old Southgate dross. Too scared of losing than trying to win.
He has a forward line that many European team would love.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Once this tournament is finished and Southgate is gone we can win the next couple of tournaments easy

We've now got some decent young CB's coming through
Trent and livermento as wing backs
Got a quality midfield and attackers still young

Country needs to produce a replacement to Kane though. I mean we've got enough depth at the moment

Last edited:
Don
True, he is odd, a footballer who doesn’t actually like football. He’d rather go to a fashion show or spend two hours under the sunbed than watch a match, the big tart

David Batty was the same, it’s a job, as long as they put in a shift in which White does. White was my favourite ever loanee for Leeds, Rodon has pipped him this season though :p

Caporegime
If I was a top EPL player I would exclude myself from international duty too. Crap level of football and competition with 2nd rate managers. I'd pull the mental health trump card and say I needed time with my family while not wasting the summer and my body.

Associate
Whatever happened to FIFA suspending players for refusing to play for their national side?
That only really works for players that declare themselves "injured", and might want to play for their national team again. There's not a lot you can do if someone simply decides they don't want to go.

Underboss
I can see Benny Blanco's point tbh, I wouldn't want to play benchwarmer under Southgate either.

His attitude as a footballer is defo unique, but, I can't knock him for it.

Soldato
If I was a top EPL player I would exclude myself from international duty too. Crap level of football and competition with 2nd rate managers. I'd pull the mental health trump card and say I needed time with my family while not wasting the summer and my body.

The stress of playing for England must be a nightmare though, the pressure on the players is insane from the media.

Every player goes from being a good solid player to the best in the world.

Caporegime
I know it's unlikely White would start but I'm amazed he's turned his back on England. Surely you just get on with it, playing for England is the pinnacle for me.

It is a poor attitude imo. You get picked for England and you prove yourself that you are the man for the job. It is weak minded really.

What happens when Arteta stops selecting him?

Soldato
Imagine a world where England play a midfield of Rice, Mainoo, Bellingham..... get those lads playing together and building a rapport.

Foden, Kane, Saka in front..... Mmm

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If he doesn't want to go then just never include him in the conversation again in the future. You don't want a guy who doesn't want to be there anyway, it will just drag others down.
What about if it’s because he really doesn’t get on with the manager or the coaches and struggles with it mentally?

If there’s a new manager who he does get on with, do you continue to exclude him? I can’t agree with that. It’s cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Soldato
The media need to stop bashing him for not wanting to play there could be 100 reasons why he doesnt want to one of which could easily be mental health and if it is bashing someone who has mental health problems is really dangerous

He might need his support network around him which he doesnt get on international duty

Caporegime
What about if it’s because he really doesn’t get on with the manager or the coaches and struggles with it mentally?

If there’s a new manager who he does get on with, do you continue to exclude him? I can’t agree with that. It’s cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I am talking about from Southgate's POV.

Don
That only really works for players that declare themselves "injured", and might want to play for their national team again. There's not a lot you can do if someone simply decides they don't want to go.
There is. FIFA have the power to suspend any player that refuses a call-up, these threats were fairly common place back in the day. For example I can remember Makelele being threatened with a suspension when he tried to retire from International football - link.

I guess answering my own question, it's up to the FA to push the issue and only then will FIFA act and in this case they haven't.

Back
Top Bottom