England squad announcement

Soldato
Bizarre, how can you continue to pick and play someone who doesn’t get a game for their club, whose club is desperate to get rid of them because he’s terrible.

Henderson is another weird one.

Associate
Not too him it isn't. I think he'll get played regardless, he's had too strong a presence at club level to be ignored.

When has that ever influenced Southgate - he usually bows to pressure and picks the in form player - only to mostly leave them on the bench in favour of his usual.

Associate
Annoying to see JWP left out when the likes of Phillips and Henderson are in there. With Saka being withdrawn hopefully he'll be called up as a replacement.
It is completely nuts. On the whole Southgate has done well, but I cannot understand picking players who aren't playing regularly in competitive leagues.

Man of Honour
JWP problem is bellingham plays in his position

Gordon should have been called up
That would explain him not starting matches but in a 26 man squad I like to have all my best players and then when you need to make subs, deal with injuries/suspensions etc you utilise these players. I can't see Jude playing all 90mins of the friendly for example. With big squads you also don't need to make like-for-like replacements as it depends on the overall squad makeup, e.g. when Southgate picked 4 RBs if one dropped out he didn't need to call up another RB but could be a different position. Bowen or Foden can play RW, so I'd like to see JWP in there.

Soldato
Fell out with Steve Holland, didn’t he? Looks like he won’t entertain returning until Gareth and his guys are gone. Can’t say I blame him in some respects… :cry:

Back
Top Bottom