Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
Finally become totally unplayable tonight! AI cars freezing on the track, my car stopped dead (with full engine speeds etc) and then AI cars would warp in seemingly at random. Then all of a sudden UNFREEZE and all the cars that are currently touching go flying off in all sorts of odd directions!

Then the track started disappearing and even more freezing! Completely unplayable!

Caporegime
Soldato
Lets just hope the pricing is a little easier on the wallet.

That £80 still stings

So much this. Especially after all those problems with performance, crashing, expansions not working and the game reinstalling itself twice due to a broken patch and almost borking my 50h save in the process.

Besides, I can't even say I'm that much interested in 7, but we'll see.

Soldato
I have to say, I paid £80 for Horizon 3 but I feel I definitely got my money's worth on it. I can understand why people are reluctant but relatively speaking games are cheaper now than they were when I was a kid.

For the price of a normal game (£40) I can go with my girlfriend to the cinema and get some popcorn with a very small amount of change left. Or I could use it to buy a game that potentially lasts 100's of hours.

Soldato
It's practically perfect for me now, but it took them a couple of months:p Running a 1070/4790k at 1440p maxed with MSAAx4 and it's locked to 60fps with very rare dips to around 55.

I have to say, I paid £80 for Horizon 3 but I feel I definitely got my money's worth on it. I can understand why people are reluctant but relatively speaking games are cheaper now than they were when I was a kid.

For the price of a normal game (£40) I can go with my girlfriend to the cinema and get some popcorn with a very small amount of change left. Or I could use it to buy a game that potentially lasts 100's of hours.

Don't get me wrong, the game's great and full of content but they should've made sure everything would perform flawlessly with such a steep price and charging for expansions separately. Had it not been for the Ultimate discount, I wouldn't have bothered with the expansion pass at all.

Soldato
It's practically perfect for me now, but it took them a couple of months:p Running a 1070/4790k at 1440p maxed with MSAAx4 and it's locked to 60fps with very rare dips to around 55.

Don't get me wrong, the game's great and full of content but they should've made sure everything would perform flawlessly with such a steep price and charging for expansions separately. Had it not been for the Ultimate discount, I wouldn't have bothered with the expansion pass at all.

I remember paying £45 for Gran Turismo on PS1 which equates to about £75 now. I also remember paying just under £60 for Street Fighter 2 on Super Nintendo which is well over £100 now. Games are effectively cheaper than they used to be.

Soldato
Both the game and the expansion pass are extremely overpriced in relation to other games, no matter how you slice it. Paying 1000CZK (£33) for two expansions here when those for Witcher 3 cost 600CZK (£20) and were no doubt much more expensive to develop...not to mention the Forza expansion pass has yet to go on sale.

And the game itself costs insane 1899CZK (£63!), I bought it on "sale" when it cost £36, which is still more than I pay for most PC games even without sales...

I really love the game, but MS couldn't be more disgustingly greedy if they tried.

And sadly since the game is only available on their abhorrent store, there is complete MS monopoly for this game on PC, nobody can compete on price..

Soldato
OP
I really wouldnt advise buying a wheel and pedals for this game, this really isn't the game for it. Handling is atrocious with wheel and pedals, more suited to controller to be honest. Buy wheel and pedals for sim games like iRacing, Assetto Corsa, project cars etc

G29 isn't a bad wheel if you're on a budget, but seeing not then stick to Fanatec equipment, pretty much regarded as the best.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys I want to get this game but I don't know what Wheels and pedals to buy ? What do you recommend ? I want the best
I have Thrustmaster T150 which I got quite cheap and it works well. I would say game is much easier with gamepad due to much easier handling of drifts, but wheel is great for just driving.

Back
Top Bottom