• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gainward bring you a 512MB 7800 GT for AGP!!!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Vita said:
One more day to go I guess. Should have them air shipped to our doors lol. :D

They were more or less as this first shipment was sent on Express air to get here as quickly as possible. The remainder are shipping oversea and will be here over the weekend. We should not run out now for some time, but sales are stupidly high on this product as people are buying them from all around the globe. :)

Soldato
Ah I see. Yeah, all about demand isn't it? And with OcUK going to get around 900 of these like you stated, going to have some money rolling in lol. Just curious on how many you recived yesterday? And how many are going to come over the weekend, mate's intrested in getting one for himself.

Associate
Still haven't received my email confirming dispatch. Order was placed yesterday morning, I trust mine shall be shipped today aswell. The suspense is terrible though.

OcUK Staff
OP
Vita said:
Ah I see. Yeah, all about demand isn't it? And with OcUK going to get around 900 of these like you stated, going to have some money rolling in lol. Just curious on how many you recived yesterday? And how many are going to come over the weekend, mate's intrested in getting one for himself.

400 yesterday, which over 2/3 have already sold, mainly on pre-order. A further 500 arrives late next week with another possible 1500, but these will ship from a central hub if we need them.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
400 yesterday, which over 2/3 have already sold, mainly on pre-order. A further 500 arrives late next week with another possible 1500, but these will ship from a central hub if we need them.

Nice, well I've recived my comformation e-mail that mine has been shipped. Thanks Gibbo for bringing these cards to us lol. Good job mate.

Soldato
Lanz said:
Im tempted, but Gainward are almost certain to bring out a 7900GT version of this card on AGP sometime in the near future.

We'll by that aswell then. How much of a difference would it make though?

I don't think anyone will be at home tommorow either, so I may be screwed when delivery man comes. Oh well, I'll make sure someone's in lol. :D

Soldato
Hmm I see. So for example a 7900GT is just a tad faster then a 7800GTX? And if Gainward bridged that down to AGP..then woah. But I doubt another card will come onto AGP, as PCI-E systems are tending to be come abit cheaper nowadays. Not high spec ones, but you know just abit below mid-range.

Man of Honour
amdnv said:
TY :) , and after trying to google for more info on this card, I see a nice flameware also on the Futuremark forums, but the guys telling others to not waste cash on agp are getting ass kicked lol, one of defendants has a fast p4 rig and is not ready to awap out yet.

I still aint found out why The Inquirer says G71 then G70, its about the most info I can get so far.

Cyber, I did mention agp sales v pci-e and 17% only to pci-e while ago (dont know what % is now) open to input, but If a 7900 comes out, I will punt this on E-Gay same as my 6800U is going to be on Sunday next week after this arrives on Monday, as I see ultras still new @ £450 and that same model was at £225 with 21hours left on bidding, I assume I can get good cash esp as under warrenty still and fitted with a NV Silencer 5 rev 3 1month ago and it runs 470/1200 (can do more but aritfacts esp on ram @ 1250 as no hardware volts mod done).

You will find the majority of people saying its a waste of money buying the AGP card are the people that went ahead and bought complete PCI-e rebuilds because they thought AGP was dead, they are just trying to make themselves feel better that they didn't jump the gun and upgrade their systems too early on when AGP still has lots of life ahead...

OcUK Staff
OP
Lanz said:
Im tempted, but Gainward are almost certain to bring out a 7900GT version of this card on AGP sometime in the near future.

Doubtful, NVIDIA don't plan on any more cards faster than 7800 GS available on AGP. Gainward have just done this to help themselves remove some overstocks.

Also we now have the 6800 GS 512MB in stock as well, which is very quick, much quicker than a 6800 Ultra. :)

Soldato
I've had it from the horses mouth that Gainward are `looking into` (their words) a 7900 AGP card. I guess they wonna see how quick these cards shift first.

Associate
Lanz said:
If you're going to do all that anyway, you should have just got a new pci-e motherboard and card.

Did strongly consider going new mboard and PCI-e card as I sure lots on this thread have but for me the very narrow choice of socket 478 motherboards and very basic features compared to my IC7-G motherboard was a real negative.

The major issue was a question mark if I needed a new bigger branded ATX 2 power supply which would be around £65 to £85+ and all the time to do it all ( not much spare @ the mo :( ) so for me this was the best option.

Hard drive was needed regardless of graphic card upgrade so does not come into my equation, having reinstaled windows loads of times so not a prob for me ;)

Looking to get a new rig next year when Vista and DX10 cards are out :) ~ my son can then get some further use out of my current rig

Last edited:
Associate
Andy if you get chance mate let us know how the install goes, i'll be doing my install when i get home so if u have any initial problems u might be able to save us guys some time.

good luck with it

OcUK Staff
OP
Lanz said:
I've had it from the horses mouth that Gainward are `looking into` (their words) a 7900 AGP card. I guess they wonna see how quick these cards shift first.

Could be a possibility as Gainward have bridge chips so could potentially bridge anything over to AGP. Only thing stopping them could be NVIDIA.

Associate
Gibbo said:
Could be a possibility as Gainward have bridge chips so could potentially bridge anything over to AGP. Only thing stopping them could be NVIDIA.

Would it be worth waiting for .. is there much difference in performance of the 7800 and 7900 ?

Back
Top Bottom