• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Soldato
Soldato
yea quadsli is headache.
any set up with 3 cards does seems to work fine.

AMD seems to have a tad better altough I personally would never go beyond 2 cards and I prefer just one card.

but 2 Titans should be pretty decent in a set up.

Seriously 3 cards are just as bad. At least with only two you are getting direct support.. Nvidia released new drivers today and they've really sorted things for me (most notably FC3) where as a quad sli user has already said nothing has improved..

Two titans would be epic yes but also come with an epic price.

Nvidia just let the cat out of the bag for Crysis 3 specs and what you need and you only need a single 680 for max settings. Kinda makes Titan a bit irrelevant really.

Oh look, let me go and spend two or three grand to run some benchmarks.

Shame.

Caporegime
OP
Nvidia GTX Titan - Expert Reviews

Nvidia has detailed its latest high end graphics card, the GTX Titan, confirming its existence with some impressive numbers that should cement its position as the world's fastest GPU. Built around the GK110 Tesla technology first used in the Titan supercomputer - hence the name - the GTX Titan is Nvidia's most powerful graphics card to date, with a whopping 2,688 CUDA cores and 7.1 billion transistors, which produce 4,500 Gigaflops ofprocessing power. Each card comes with 6GB of GDDR5 RAM, running along a 384-bit interface which should be more than sufficient for playing the latest games at above HD resolution. It's DirextX 11.1 compatible, so should support all the latest graphics tweaks such as tessellation, and Nvidia's own PhysX physics effects.

1.png

Designed as a single-GPU replacement for the current top-end GTX 690, which is actually two GTX 680 cores bolted to one PCB, the GTX Titan promises improved performance while using less power and producing less heat. A redesigned cooler with an extended aluminium heat stack dissipates heat faster than Nvidia's current design, while the 90mm fan is tied to both RPM and voltage control to more accurately determine when to kick in. With a TDP of 250w, you'll certainly need it.

2.png

SLI is fully supported, so if you have a capable power supply and bottomless pockets you could potentially run multiple Titans for high frame rates even at multi-monitor resolutions. Although Nvidia has yet to share exact benchmark results, some rough figures suggest games like Crysis 3, Far Cry 3 and Max Payne 3 can expect roughly twice the performance over a GTX690 setup.

3.png

Perhaps more exciting news is the addition of GPU Boost 2.0, an evolution of the software introduced with Nvidia's 600-series graphics cards. Built into the video driver, GPU Boost 2.0 will let Titan owners overclock and olvervolt their cards, with higher limits than with previous cards and optimisations for water-cooling setups.

5.png

It will also allow you to "overclock" your display, running it at a faster sync rate than it officially supports to squeeze out some extra frames per second. As an example, a monitor rated for 60Hz refresh only could run at up to 80Hz, meaning twenty extra frames per second are being displayed.

5.png

The one sticking price will almost certainly be the price - Nvidia would only confirm RRP pricing with us today, as it will be up to its hardware partners to set their own prices when the cards launch later this week, but you'll easily be paying over £800 per card. We'll have to wait until then to see whether the benchmark scores can back up Nvidia's claims that the Titan is the fastest card around, but the early indications look promising.

Permabanned
No it doesn't.

I had quad SLI GTX 295 for ages and about one game worked properly and scaled properly.

I also ran surround and it was just as much of a headache as quad sli.

Read this.

sli-1.jpg

Noting - hardly any games support it. Two GPUs is bad enough but at least Nvidia sell dual GPU solutions out of the box (GTX 590 and 690). Thus they will spare a few hours making dual GPUs work.

Quad GPUs are not supported not even by them, so good luck expecting anything to work properly.

I've said it a million times, game companies DO NOT support more than two GPUs. They would have to implement it and sell it as a separate game and there is nothing in it for them so all you get is a bodge by Nvidia at best.

I had 2x295's in sli, I had the Dual PCB and the Single PCB both types in SLI and while the Dual PCB had stuttering and bad scaling (due to immature drivers at the time) the Single PCB were much better, They scaled better, ran cooler and had no microstutter.

Although the Dual PCB had volt unlock but ran so hot there was no point unless under water tbh.

The 690's design has eliminated these problems massively and drivers have improved a great deal since.

Associate
Seriously 3 cards are just as bad. At least with only two you are getting direct support.. Nvidia released new drivers today and they've really sorted things for me (most notably FC3) where as a quad sli user has already said nothing has improved..

Nvidia just let the cat out of the bag for Crysis 3 specs and what you need and you only need a single 680 for max settings. Kinda makes Titan a bit irrelevant really.

Shame.

http://cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/er_photo_184834_52.png

** No Hotlinking - Rules on posting images ***

Read the small print on the graph and you will notice that the game is only running at 1080. Very different results at 2560 x 1440 and above I would imagine...
I would not consider this "max settings" at all.

Permabanned
I'll just wait till the official reviews are in before making my decision. The graphs posted above are very poorly put together and I wouldn't believe them for a second.

Soldato
I think i'm good with my 680 if those graphs are correct.

Going from Nvidia's own slide you get about 10 FPS more from a Titan in Crysis 3 @ 1080p than you do a 680.

Dang, I truly expected it to be far better than that. But then like I've said it is a kitchen sinker and they usually don't fail to disappoint on release (see also 7970 480 etc)

Man of Honour

Shame.

I was running the new valley bench while you were posting the above. The valley bench is very new so one would not expect the drivers to be that great, but they seem to be reasonable. If 3 and 4 way sli really sucks and does not work, perhaps you you could get close to matching my score with your 670s. After all 2 gtx 670s are supposed to have the same performance as a GTX 690 and you are saying 3 and 4 way sli does not work.

00009.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom