• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Soldato
I was running the new valley bench while you were posting the above. The valley bench is very new so one would not expect the drivers to be that great, but they seem to be reasonable. If 3 and 4 way sli really sucks and does not work, perhaps you you could get close to matching my score with your 670s. After all 2 gtx 670s are supposed to have the same performance as a GTX 690 and you are saying 3and 4 way sli does not work.

00009.png

That's a benchmark and you can't play it !

Ever since Far Cry III released I have been relying on one card. I got around 43 FPS in game. I did the inspector 'hack' and got 43 FPS with no SLI indicator.

Today Nvidia released a driver. I installed it, and straight away I have an SLI indicator showing 95% GPU usage on both GPUs with 60 FPS solid (I can't find vsync so I would imagine you can't disable it in the game settings).

And how long has FC3 been out?

TBH without two 670s I would not have been able to play that game until today if I were relying on SLI.

So my (and CPC's) point stands.

Soldato
That can't be right give the price of the card.

Why not? that's Nvidia's slide for crying out loud.

Remember when the 480 was being rumoured and how spec wise it destroyed the 5870? look what happened when it launched.

Big hot core full of stuff that is useless to gamers. See also - 7970, though I will doff my cap to AMD for persisting until they got the drivers right.

BUT ! AMD still have a ways to go. The 7970 core should completely and utterly batter the 104 on specs alone. So with any luck they will continue to squeeze performance out of it as the months pass :)

I've said it so many times now. These big hot kitchen sink cards always fail to impress in gaming. They have tons of needless crap bolted on that games simply ignore.

104? bang on ! cut out the crap and up the clocks.

Man of Honour
That's a benchmark and you can't play it !

Ever since Far Cry III released I have been relying on one card. I got around 43 FPS in game. I did the inspector 'hack' and got 43 FPS with no SLI indicator.

Today Nvidia released a driver. I installed it, and straight away I have an SLI indicator showing 95% GPU usage on both GPUs with 60 FPS solid (I can't find vsync so I would imagine you can't disable it in the game settings).

And how long has FC3 been out?

TBH without two 670s I would not have been able to play that game until today if I were relying on SLI.

So my (and CPC's) point stands.

Here is an old pic of my cards running FC3 and getting up to 98% - 99% GPU usage. If you are only getting 95% maybe you are doing something wrong. I am afraid your point does not stand.

farcryw.jpg

Soldato
Why is everyone calling RetroGamerX a lucky bugger? they're only going to become cheaper. One can buy a 690 at anypoint, can one not?

What makes this afternoon such a great point to buy a 690? what am i missing....

Caporegime
Why is everyone calling RetroGamerX a lucky bugger? they're only going to become cheaper. One can buy a 690 at anypoint, can one not?

What makes this afternoon such a great point to buy a 690? what am i missing....

I've no idea. But if you can't beat them, join them.

Retro you lucky boy. Nice deal on the 690. :)

Back
Top Bottom