Gigabit Internet Speedtest

Soldato
OP
It's the only way to rule in or out devices as being at fault, so there's no more we can do

He’s thinking of buying a new router which he can open, test and return if it doesn’t solve the problem. You are allowed to returned opened stuff under the distance selling regulations. Won’t be buying at ocUK anyway so don’t get your knickers in a twist.

Soldato
OP
I've had a chat with my brother and he informs me that our cousin has similarly low speeds such as him...

NS4jGKJ.png

I believe he's paying for a 1 Gbps service whereas my brother and I are not. My cousin is no idiot, he's a senior software developer.

My brother has ordered a new NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 Smart WIFI Router (R8000) so we'll see what happens with that.

I've got another friend who is getting the same speeds as me. Very strange...

Associate
I begin to wonder when it maxes out the test servers. My Azure server seems to get a pretty substantial rate!

9281913062.png

Soldato
OP
I begin to wonder when it maxes out the test servers. My Azure server seems to get a pretty substantial rate!

I heard if your connection is over 3 Gbps then you should download and test with the speed test app available from the Microsoft store as the website can’t handle it.

Caporegime
You'd hope that people opting for gigabit+ internet services would have specific applications that they need that sort of connection for, at which point it's easy to verify if the service is working as expected (you just use one of those applications). If I bought a 1Gbps connection because it was only £5 a month more than 500Mbps then I'm not sure I'd be too worried if it 'only' ran at 850Mbps on random speedtest servers.

Back
Top Bottom