Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Associate
Id. I never got on with the 7pro. I just didn't like it. I didn't like how it felt in the HR hand & the curved screen was awful.
Glad to see the back of it.
The 8Pro is way better.

How much of an upgrade is the camera for photo and video in your opinion? How's the portrait mode especially in cutting out the subject and not messing up bits in background still visible?

Soldato
I sometimes miss messages on my phone as there is no notification light once the screen goes off again (I dont use always on display)

Is the face unlock white "ring" that shows when using face unlock able to be used as a notification light for messages etc?

I am not even sure if its an LED light or just an animation on the screen. If it can - anyone know how?

Soldato
all months of being careful with p8 and have found number of scratches on screen the other day... not a happu bunny...

might finally drop the case - as mentioned earlier, google one is really sticky and sometimes hard to get out of a pocket...

Soldato
I only have a Spigen Liquid Air on mine with no screen protector. I haven't had a screen protector on my last 3 phones and never had an issue with scratches.

I agree the Google cases are crap though as I had one on my P6 and the rubbery outer delaminated from the hard inner after 18 months.

Soldato
I only have a Spigen Liquid Air on mine with no screen protector. I haven't had a screen protector on my last 3 phones and never had an issue with scratches.

I agree the Google cases are crap though as I had one on my P6 and the rubbery outer delaminated from the hard inner after 18 months.
P6 case was crap. It's been updated for the 8 series. Mine has been pretty great.

Soldato
I've got an issue that's annoying me. I'll get a WhatsApp text through but the notification disappears. So a quick glance at the lock screen shows nothing. When I unlock the phone it shows as there.
Having a quick look up online, was there a change on how they are handled? Hide silent conversations and notifications perhaps? It only seems to do this WhatsApp, everything else remains on the lock screen?

Soldato
I've got an issue that's annoying me. I'll get a WhatsApp text through but the notification disappears. So a quick glance at the lock screen shows nothing. When I unlock the phone it shows as there.
Having a quick look up online, was there a change on how they are handled? Hide silent conversations and notifications perhaps? It only seems to do this WhatsApp, everything else remains on the lock screen?
Chack notification settings for WhatsApp. I think it happened to me a few weeks back and a setting fixed it. Can't remember the exact setting. App settings in android settins

Last edited:
Soldato
Chack notification settings for WhatsApp. I think it happened to me a few weeks back and a setting fixed it. Can't remember the exact setting. App settings in android settins
I've been through the settings a fair bit now and can't see anything that is off or hidden. From a Google search it appears a bit of an issue with Android 14.

Soldato
Can anyone explain this, it's doing my head in. Firefox v Chrome, with both browsers set to 125% text in accessibility settings.

Text is tiny in Chrome.

Egk4kVG.png

nAkoQ2l.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Strange bug on my Pixel 8 Pro, the keyboard keeps resizing, the only way I can fix it is to go into display settings for the phone, and change font size down, then back up again - and then the keyboard comes up as normal, its so strange!
I am using Gboard with English(UK) setting activated.
Anyone else have this happen? It's happened a few times over the last few days - the keyboard is almost scaled down so the size it takes up is the same, but the buttons (especially the ones along the top like the gif/sticker button) are tiny.

Back
Top Bottom