Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
2x
rjeXZzt.jpg

1x
1wwSu7Q.jpg

Not using Document scanner, just the main camera app.

Last edited:
Soldato
Compared with my old P20 Pro...

You're old phone, doesn't do that great m8. No offense :D

I think there is no way answer, I held the phone quite steady, and the kitchen lighting was good enough, but ultimately it's always going to be a compromise.

My old Note 9 was excellent at taking document photos, (used at the start of COVID) super sharp and in focus across the page, but it's lens was no where near as flexible as these current version phones. I'd easily have this modern P8Pro camera over my old Note 9 shooter :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
You're old phone, doesn't do that great m8. No offense :D

Compared to my pixel its decades ahead!

Im actually just going to exchange the handset, theres no way mine is so far off yours in quality without an issue somewhere.

I guess the only other thing, can you let me know all the settings you have set? Eg, 50mp/12mp, auto lend, manual lens, raw photo / not, wide crop/full image etc.

Soldato
I think most stuff is on auto, I'm just happy to point and shoot without faffing around. Which is one of the reasons I dumped the S23 Ultra for this Pixel 8Pro. The GCam app was so far in front of Samsung's own camera app, I had to try a pixel phone for myself :)

Fdvipi7.png

pUaQVXa.png

Soldato
If you want a comparison, this is an image taken from my old Note 9 a couple of years ago. Obviously I've edited it to blank out the personal details, but that's the only thing that's been altered from the original 'raw' photo.

li0C4Q0.jpg

Sgarrista
Commissario
I think most stuff is on auto, I'm just happy to point and shoot without faffing around. Which is one of the reasons I dumped the S23 Ultra for this Pixel 8Pro. The GCam app was so far in front of Samsung's own camera app, I had to try a pixel phone for myself :)

Just took a photo with these settings and just as bad, there must be an issue with my cameras lens / sensor or similar.

Exchange requested.

Soldato
How long have you had it? Do you think you'll get another one.

I had an issue once with an S22 Ultra camera lens, it was the telephoto periscope lens which sometimes would 'stick' when you selected the lens in the camera app. It would not focus unless you tapped the side of the phone!
I put it down to possibly the phone spending too much time in the car holder, and the road vibrations not being a healthy thing for these 'floating' lens assemblies.

From then on, I don't use phone holders in the car any more.

Sgarrista
Commissario
How long have you had it? Do you think you'll get another one.

Couple of weeks, and always thought the quality of photos wasnt that great from the outset despite all the reviews raving how amazing it was and one of the highest scores on DXOMark.

Will straight swap it for another as the phone otherwise is great.

Soldato
Gotta say, it's the cameras on the Pro that does impress. I can just point it at stuff and the results are way better than any other phone I've owned. The flat screen is great, and so is the picture quality. Although I do miss some of the Samsung 'extras' and some One UI features are better than the stock android Pixel.

I use gestures, and hate the Pixel chin at the bottom of the screen. The swipe down menu is far too chunky and limiting. There is no floating window option, which did come in handy occasionally. The colour scheme is totally dictated by the wallpaper, or some wishy washy limited Google options. I'd really like to manually set an exact colour set. And one really basic security flaw is the fact that anyone can swipe down and disable what ever they like on a fully locked phone. So if it went for a walk, you would never find the phone if someone swiped all the comms to off!! Samsung never allow this.

Basic stuff :rolleyes:

Soldato
I have noticed that my Pixel 8 Pro doesn't show me my calendar notifications. I've just checked the Google Calendar app notifications and my phone's settings for notifications and everything seems OK. On my previous Oneplus 8T I saw all my notifications so I'm a bit confused. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Associate
so whats the general consensus on the pixel 8 pro , as my contract is up end of feb , and i also want to move to vodafone or ee from o2 as its just poor, but really struggling with justifying ee's cost

Back
Top Bottom