Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
I had a quick go at this the weekend and I apparently suck now :D I don't know if it's not playing it for 6 months, the physics change from a few patches ago or playing too much ACC recently (or probably a mix of all 3) but I was 1-2 seconds off times I know I've done previously.

I need to get back in to more though as I think the only real trophy I'm missing is the sport races and it'd be nice to do them without losing my A rating.

I use a pad too.

I might get a wheel at some point, if it would work on my PS5 & Series X.

There are wheels that work on both consoles (as well as PC too). For consoles you're looking at Logitech, Thrustmaster or Fanatec. Though I think it's somewhat model specific as Logitech have different models with the G29,G920 so I think only the direct drive supports both. Fanatec is, I assume, the same as they used to be with the wheelbase having the chip in it for PS support but fitting an Xbox wheel to a PS wheelbase will give Xbox support.

Soldato
There are wheels that work on both consoles (as well as PC too). For consoles you're looking at Logitech, Thrustmaster or Fanatec. Though I think it's somewhat model specific as Logitech have different models with the G29,G920 so I think only the direct drive supports both. Fanatec is, I assume, the same as they used to be with the wheelbase having the chip in it for PS support but fitting an Xbox wheel to a PS wheelbase will give Xbox support.

Thanks i'll have a look into those, there may be more choice by the time i get round to it too.

Don
I picked up another G29 the other week, with Playseat too; I know I would eventually get used to it given time but the transition from pad to controller is massive, whether it's worth it to knock a second off my times, remains to be seen, I was just terrible! I just sold the lot in the end :D

Does anyone use the accel/brake haptics on PS5? Is there an advantage?

Last edited:
Don
I'm not adverse to change, but wow, the haptics made it unplayable for me. I simply couldn't hold the controller properly, I needed to press on the brake trigger so hard!

I keep trying to go to 0 TC but find it impossible not to spin at every corner; it's really frustrating. Race C, I got a 2.21, or thereabout, now for some reason, I'm getting 2.24, and I'm on my default settings. I can't keep the Supra on the track at all.

Soldato
It definitely took some getting used to. I had a look last night, I have both triggers set to strong.

I just have ABS on normal, everything else is off and use bumper cam (just dials on screen)

Last edited:
Don
I’ve been between B and C lobbies over the past few days. Had a race in a C this aft and this was the start:

Comedy. I’m the Supra in orange with no decals. The front 3 after the first corner were knocking each other about and I took advantage, was 1st from the first lap to the last. Easy win

Don
Some more good and bad from the C world.

First, my first win in VR in Race A. Pretty simple drive but it’s not the easiest mode to race in so was chuffed, don’t often put the VR on for Sport but I’d played this track to death this week so gave it a go.

I thought I’d continue into Race C still in VR. Had a decent start at the expense of more terrible driving and then this plank took me out, recorded my view and then his, I mean who’d have thought he’d hit someone driving back onto the track like that, I then kept it going to the next corner and he did the same to someone else. The standard is appalling.

Yes I still have brake indicators on :D I’m lazy and they just remind me.

Soldato
Does anyone use Sim dashboard? I've setup a free version on a tablet showing me tyre temps (you can have 3 things displayed without paying), i can't see how to check those in game as there is no live telemetry like Forza has, from what i can find.

From what i can seen online around 80 is the optimum temp, the cars feel better round that temp. It would explain why i'm doing faster laps in qualifying around lap 10 or more, as it takes that long to build temp, if i'm driving as normal. Weaving builds temp much quicker if there are some fast straights.

In the race around Spa on RH's my Mclaren started out around 65 and didn't get over a 70.

I'll see how i get on with this new found knowledge in this weeks daily race qualifying.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone still playing this? Just picked it up and got all gold licenses and started my online journey to reasonable success won my first 4 out of 5 races but finding it very difficult to be consistent with the controller so seriously contemplating a wheel. Feel free to add my PSN which is iJohnz0r.

Associate
Anyone having any game crashes ? I'm on PS4 and it's been fine before. But the last week I've had four maybe five where the games frozen.

So I've just been piling hours back into Bloodborne.

Maybe I shouldn't have sold the PS5 lol.

Associate
PS4 Slim here. I've had the odd crash recently but weirdly each occurance was in the exact same spot each time. I'd be doing the Nurburgring time trial and if I hit the barrier in the Mercedes Arena section of the circuit and quickly hit pause to restart the lap again the game would just hang.. Didn't suffer crashes anywhere else but I have been hammering the Ring TT the past week or so. Be interesting to see if any crashing issues continue since the 1.34 update.

Associate
Anyone having any game crashes ? I'm on PS4 and it's been fine before. But the last week I've had four maybe five where the games frozen.

So I've just been piling hours back into Bloodborne.

Maybe I shouldn't have sold the PS5 lol.
I get loads of crashes too, but on the PS5, havent tried the lastest patch yet

Soldato
Got about 100+ engines from that glitch a while back but not done one yet. Was going to do the F50 Enzo swap but the F50 doesn't come up on rotation that much to buy another.
I didn’t realise after the update you could still win engines. Thought they were all available to buy now ?

Back
Top Bottom