Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
I didn’t realise after the update you could still win engines. Thought they were all available to buy now ?

Got all mine back in June last year when there was a glitch in the Cafe menu and it kept giving out six-star engine tickets for free, have they removed that (the six-star ticket thing)?

Soldato
Got all mine back in June last year when there was a glitch in the Cafe menu and it kept giving out six-star engine tickets for free, have they removed that (the six-star ticket thing)?
Perhaps ? I’m not sure. The only six star I’ve ever had I think was for completing the championship. And got a VGT lambo

Soldato
Ah sounds simple enough, how do you know which engines go into which cars?

Does it make it markedly faster? I assume you cant simply use these cars online I guess?
Go to GT auto with your car. (You know where the car wash / oil change is) you’ll see the option to put a new engine in at the bottom.

For example. You can put the 787b engine into the RX7 if you want to.

And yeah, engine swaps are usually bonkers :D

Soldato
I've just come back to this as I've got myself a Fanatec CSL DD PRO. I was A league before on controller and now I'm wallowing in D with the wheel. The problem I have is that I lose the back end much easier on the wheel than with a controller

Soldato
Got around to doing an engine swap.

Cappuccino 13B REW :D

18a14d9df7163-screenshot-Url.jpg

seems someone made one IRL

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just come back to this as I've got myself a Fanatec CSL DD PRO. I was A league before on controller and now I'm wallowing in D with the wheel. The problem I have is that I lose the back end much easier on the wheel than with a controller
I've just come back to this myself, I've always been on a wheel in this and I'm having the same issue. I assume the handling model or something must've changed slightly since I last play (I stopped around when people were glitching the tickets with clock or something).

I'm enjoying it though need to just need to get back into the swing of it.

Don

Crikey, you didn't start with the basic G290 like everyone usually does, you went all in! I had the same issues earlier this year, got a playseat, Logi wheel but just couldn't get to grips with it at all, I also didn't have the patience, I think given it the time I would have eventually been better and knocked off some seconds I would have got with the pad.

Soldato

Potentially a really obvious question but have you set the wheel up correctly? It's a bit grandma sucking eggs but I don't think it's that intuitive as to what the wheel settings should be. Fanatec publish some base settings they consider to be a good starting point. A quick google should find them. From memory, there's also a couple of in game settings recommend to be changed if you're using a wheel.

Soldato
I'm going over the missions and I am doing One Lap Magic or something and every time you try you have to sit for a full minute listening to everyone else rev their engine and slowly pull away from the start line eugh. Also I don't really like the 787b which probably isn't a popular opinion!

Don
Back
Top Bottom