Helldivers 2

Soldato
OP
Still buggy as hell. Network connection errors a plenty but still managed a few hours last night, great fun with some friends now I have unlocked a few more stratagems.
I said in my first post it feels a lot like aliens fireteam to me. I loved that but it had very limited appeal once you had levelled up the weapons, all a bit same same. Starting to feel it a little here too and progression feels very slow. I’m level 8, still using the same gun they gave me when I started.

Soldato
52 hours in, and only bugs I've had are the network capacity one (if that counts as a bug), and yesterday a bug where my gun showed as a pink question mark; but I could call down endless strategems. Only playing with PS5 players mind you, so probably why I've not seen any matchmaking errors.

Other than these it's been solid - a rare thing these days, to have a game launch in such a great state.

It will be interesting to see what they can add to keep you playing - at level 23 I've pretty much unlocked all the decent kit, all the tier one ship enhancements too.

Caporegime
52 hours in, and only bugs I've had are the network capacity one (if that counts as a bug), and yesterday a bug where my gun showed as a pink question mark; but I could call down endless strategems. Only playing with PS5 players mind you, so probably why I've not seen any matchmaking errors.

Other than these it's been solid - a rare thing these days, to have a game launch in such a great state.

It will be interesting to see what they can add to keep you playing - at level 23 I've pretty much unlocked all the decent kit, all the tier one ship enhancements too.

I've had all manner of odd bugs, some frustrating, some quite funny. The question mark one was fantastic, just spamming turrets everywhere. The annoying one was that I landed with two backpacks and a pistol. Not even grenades, that was a fun run :eek:

I've worked my way up to level 5 difficulty, albeit with randoms. I reckon with a decent squad I could push significantly higher but those plebs are always on COD :D

Soldato
I reckon they should up the squad count to 6 or even 8 - you could split up into smaller fireteams then, and work on different objectives.

I'd imagine completing all the bits in a map, at max level, will be blood pressure popping agony :D

Soldato
OP
I reckon they should up the squad count to 6 or even 8 - you could split up into smaller fireteams then, and work on different objectives.

I'd imagine completing all the bits in a map, at max level, will be blood pressure popping agony :D
I watched a guy soloing Helldive difficulty on YouTube. Hectic.

Played some more late Saturday, up to level 10. Seemed very stable playing with randoms, no disconnects or bugs. Was super easy joining squads Gameplay loop is very satisfying yet very simple. Easier said than done but it’s amazing how many big budget games just don’t get it right.

Associate
Amazing game no doubt but I have to say I'm getting really tired of the game crashing especially when you're playing on the harder difficulties for it to crash and you lose all progress....

Soldato
OP
Amazing game no doubt but I have to say I'm getting really tired of the game crashing especially when you're playing on the harder difficulties for it to crash and you lose all progress....
On PS?
Thankfully not experienced that, did have a couple of instances on friday or the game freezing as we got into the hellpods. Everyone else was on their way to the mission but I got stuck on a screen just looking at the galactic war table. Had to force a restart. For me it all seems to be fixed now although still had some times when I couldn't equip a booster in the readying up screen. Not sure if that is mission related or not as it seemed quite random.

Associate
Not had a single crash on PS5 in the 60 hours playtime
You're very fortunate submitted 3 or 4 crash reports today always seems to happen when extracting at the very end and you lose all of your experience. Tried restarting the PS5 before as I know hibernate mode can be flaky.

Caporegime
You're very fortunate submitted 3 or 4 crash reports today always seems to happen when extracting at the very end and you lose all of your experience. Tried restarting the PS5 before as I know hibernate mode can be flaky.

I'd try reinstalling, sounds like it can't get any worse.

Back
Top Bottom