Helldivers 2

Soldato
Been a bit buggy since the patch. I had a few issues:
  • Can't reload or fire my weapon
  • Can't toggle back to gun after using grenade
  • Pod landing inside solid objects trapping me.
Yeah I had to stop playing as glitches have been pretty bad. Especially one match where sentry would drop and just a purple transparent question mark would appear instead of the gun, resupply drops doing the same thing. Another game where none of your stratagems were available. Also, when joining friends, your character would get stuck in the wall on the ship. Pre updates it was perfect, hopefully these issues will be fixed as it is a great game.

Soldato
Been a bit buggy since the patch. I had a few issues:
  • Can't reload or fire my weapon
  • Can't toggle back to gun after using grenade
  • Pod landing inside solid objects trapping me.
Interesting - I thought my square button was on the way out, as I kept having issues where I pressed reload, only to still have an empty mag.

Toggle back to gun from nades is now triangle, whereas you used to be able to press the grenade button to toggle back to your gun.

Associate
I think I've been lucky bug-wise - only come across a few.

Had one crash just as I extracted so lost everything. Seen the big pink question mark in one game and had an issue where no-one could reinforce.

Soldato
I found an annoying quirk. On the transporting HDD if you walk through water and realise after the fact it's too deep, you'll drop the HDD and it will get teleported back to the start.

Last edited:
Soldato
1.000.102 patch has (hopefully) fixed Chargers now - sounds like they have made them less invincible and not as common on level 7 and up. It did seem a bit daft after the last few changes, having 4+ of them rushing you, and only strategems being the quickest way to deal with them - I personally never found the flamethrower any good at dispatching them, and the overcharged rail gun still struggled to drop them

Soldato
And 8m+ copies sold. Smashed it.
Apparently so - what a result!

It would be great if this game leads to a bit of a shake up imo, devs/publishers taking note that releasing expensive, unfinished messes aren't going to fill your coffers. But who am I kidding - seems a few are happy to put their visions aside, as they feel the need/fear of having to have someone like Sweet Baby Inc involved.

Helldivers 2 is so refreshing that it doesn't seem to need any box ticking, and the result, is that actual players (not social media 'activists') have hoovered up copies in the millions.

Hats off to Arrowhead - they've created something that has captivated players (myself included) that I don't think we have had for a good few years. I'm just hopeful they get the extra bodies they're advertising for, to push out more and more content - so it gives us all a great game for a few years to come

Soldato
OP
I got on at the weekend for a bit. First time for nearly two weeks, felt so much harder. Everyone running around with that new laser weapon form the premium warbond too.

Soldato
I got on at the weekend for a bit. First time for nearly two weeks, felt so much harder. Everyone running around with that new laser weapon form the premium warbond too.
The laser assault rifle (first unlock) is really decent - thankfully I had enough in-game credits and medals to unlock the new premium tier and get it. The other two guns (not got the pistol yet) aren't all that imo

Soldato
OP
I have 555 space credits (or whatever) couldn't figure out how to purchase the warbond though. By all accounts that gun is OP. Seems like it renders all the other unlocks on the standard warbonds a bit of a waste of time and medals. I did pick one up in game that someone dropped after he died, seems good but the delayed fire was a bit tricky. He came straight back into the game and gave me a load of foul mouthed abuse for picking it up. Surely he came back into the game with a fresh one :confused:. I don't take support weapons and items that dead players drop but I felt taking that was ok. Shot him in the head and he disconnected.

Soldato
I have 555 space credits (or whatever) couldn't figure out how to purchase the warbond though. By all accounts that gun is OP. Seems like it renders all the other unlocks on the standard warbonds a bit of a waste of time and medals. I did pick one up in game that someone dropped after he died, seems good but the delayed fire was a bit tricky. He came straight back into the game and gave me a load of foul mouthed abuse for picking it up. Surely he came back into the game with a fresh one :confused:. I don't take support weapons and items that dead players drop but I felt taking that was ok. Shot him in the head and he disconnected.
The premium tiers are 1k each, all you do is hold triangle to buy them - iirc it shows that in the bottom right of the screen when you cycle to the premium tiers. You can either pick up super credits in game, or pay 8 quid IRL for 1k, I did that the last time, as the game is so good, I didn't mind paying.

That player sounds like a right **** tbh, and if it was a primary, then they would spawn with it again - so kicking off just shows what a bell they are. I quite like to share kit, often calling down my excess support weapons/backpacks for the team. Recently a few mates got the game, so I've called the exo suit in for them to play in.

Soldato
Is it worth getting this game now, are the servers working? Me and my son are planning crossplay on his PS5 and my PC.

I've not seen any server issues at all and I've been playing a couple of weeks.

I do have a slightly annoying bug where my loadout (weapons, not armour) and my character options (voice, emote etc) keep getting reset every time I launch the game, anyone else getting that?

Associate
I've not seen any server issues at all and I've been playing a couple of weeks.

I do have a slightly annoying bug where my loadout (weapons, not armour) and my character options (voice, emote etc) keep getting reset every time I launch the game, anyone else getting that?
Happening nearly every time for me. Not the end of the world but it's a bit of a pain when you forget and don't have the right loadout when you jump into a game!

Only real bug I've come across in about 3 weeks.

Soldato
Ditto with the load out bug - whenever you restart the game, or crash out and have to open it, you are punted back to the default load out for primary and secondary, along with nades and some character customisation.

Re. the servers - it's probably 95-98% there now. I get the occasional crash or drop out, annoyingly, when the team has a decent amount of samples

Edit: aaaaaaaand it's just crashed right at the end of a level 7 missions again, 20 seconds from extract, with a load of samples! Starting the game now gives "Failed to establish network connection".... everything else on the PS5 works online, so guess the servers just hit capacity or something sigh

Last edited:
Soldato
Happening nearly every time for me. Not the end of the world but it's a bit of a pain when you forget and don't have the right loadout when you jump into a game!

Only real bug I've come across in about 3 weeks.
As long as it's not just me!

I've had a couple of other bugs, one was where the Pelican landed halfway through the terrain meaning we couldn't board it, and yesterday my mate and I landed on a map where there was a sheer cliff face between one half of the map and the other meaning we couldn't get to any of the objectives. Typically it was also one where we'd found loads of rare resources.

That being said I've had no crashes, server issues, lag or disconnections.

Soldato
Picked this up last night and had an hour on it, thought it was quite good on first impressions, trying to convince the neighbour to get it so we can co-op now

Back
Top Bottom