*NEW* 2015 Dell Inspiron 15 - 7559, i7 6700HQ/GTX960M owners thread

Soldato
Ordered one of these myself, should be here Thursday. Got the 16GB ram and 256 SSD too. Can't wait :) Thanks for the recommendations in this thread.

I've been looking on the Dell website, what is the maximum RAM configuration out of curiosity.. can't see it in the configurations section, but haven't looked at the manuals if it's in there.. ?

Associate
Ordered one of these myself, should be here Thursday. Got the 16GB ram and 256 SSD too. Can't wait :) Thanks for the recommendations in this thread.

I've been looking on the Dell website, what is the maximum RAM configuration out of curiosity.. can't see it in the configurations section, but haven't looked at the manuals if it's in there.. ?

16 I believe, 2 x 8. That's what I have found from all the forums I have been following. That's plenty for this laptop though, It really is very quick for day to day stuff. I still havent gamed much on mine yet but I have a week back in the UK soon so will be gaming from the hotel :)

I only have 12 in mine at the mo, 8 it came with and a 4gb freebie off my bro, but it doesnt struggle at all. I dont think I have restarted this in a week, I just shut the lid until I need it again.

Soldato
It was quick initially, but adding that M2 SSD has made it perfect.
I am really liking it :)

I'm also now half way through Wolfenstein Old Blood (thanks to some quiet evenings at work), plays it perfectly @ 1080p with max settings, 2AA. No slow down at all :D

Associate
The one in the title. I'll hopefully hear from them tomorrow but might give them a call and see when they're expecting stock.

sorry I meant what spec did you go for, the 1080p or the 4k one, as I'm wondering if the 4k one is any good and a way of mitigating the panel lottery for the 1080p one...

Associate
I'd also like to know about the 4K screen and also, does it have a DDR4 controller or just DDR3? it says comes with DDR3 but if there's a DDR4 controller then we can exceed the 16GB.....

Soldato
OP
4k is obscene at 15.6" imo and several reviews say they same. Many Windows apps can't scale well and iirc its glossy, which is a turn off for me anyway.

I'd also like to know about the 4K screen and also, does it have a DDR4 controller or just DDR3? it says comes with DDR3 but if there's a DDR4 controller then we can exceed the 16GB.....

DDR3L, 16GB max, which is plenty for this spec.

Last edited:
Associate
Been considering getting this laptop. Would I be able to maxout Dota 2 with its specs, would I also able to stream Dota 2 with maxed out settings?

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty sure it'll eat it for breakfast even at 1080 and streaming

That's perfect then, thank you. Does anyone else have any input regarding this?

Another note, where are people buying it from? As it doesn't seem to be on the website?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all, first post.

I've bought one of these and its due to be delivered later today. Hopefully I'll get the LG screen! Is the BOE one really that bad?

Anyway this'll be my first personal windows machine for over a decade. Is there anything that I need to do when I get the laptop set-up wise that you guys would recommend?

Thanks!

Soldato
OP
If it's a UK machine, it'll probably be black/red despite the pictures, make sure to ask the retailer before buying or expect to be disappointed. I really like the colour though ;)

R.E. The other question, what to do with it new - remove the crappy AV it comes with and put something good on there like Sophos home, there is a little Dell bloat too and a dropbox offer. It can all be easily removed from add/remove programs in the control panel.

Associate
In the last few years since Windows 8, the standard Windows Defender has been my AV of choice, especially when you look at the security holes / alleged vulnerability and backdoors in third party AV apps...

But I digress :) back on topic.. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
True, previously I've gone "bare back" for years at a time with no issues as well :p Where I work we use Sophos Enterprise and I've been quite impressed with how it does and the home version barely bothers you, has a minimal web based interface, unlike AVG and Avast which try to nag you into purchasing something by bamboozlement lol

Anyhoo...

Soldato
If it's a UK machine, it'll probably be black/red despite the pictures, make sure to ask the retailer before buying or expect to be disappointed. I really like the colour though ;)

R.E. The other question, what to do with it new - remove the crappy AV it comes with and put something good on there like Sophos home, there is a little Dell bloat too and a dropbox offer. It can all be easily removed from add/remove programs in the control panel.

Yeah have emailed but no response yet.

I have been told its not a strong red but if i can get the all black/grey then it will be much better.

Back
Top Bottom