O11D EVO XL

Soldato
Not the same but also want to add I've been running the non XL on air (top and bottom 3* 140 fans, no mesh front) and no system meltdowns even when gaming at 4k for hours.

Last edited:
Associate
Not the same but also want to add I've been running the non XL on air (top and bottom 3* 140 fans, no mesh front) and no system meltdowns even when gaming at 4k for hours.
Yeah I might not have been the most accurate.
What I have meant is that using air in o11d evo/xl is a bit of a wasted potential. There are also better cases with air cooling in mind - it does not mean that o11d cannot be used with air cooling - it can and everything will work very well

Last edited:
Associate
Installed new IO panel. Worked like a charm. Case now remembers RGB settings.
Stopped noticing email notifications for this thread and only just caught up. I never did contact Lian Li about the IO, but im surprised to hear that the replacement is working.
I barely see that RGB strip tbh, the case is centered side on to me and i just see the reflection on the far edge of the glass panel, however i should get in contact them about it. Glad to hear they've sorted it out quickly though.

Got the P420M rads installed today x3 along with the front distro. Should look good when finished hopefully

hrDCrUDl.jpg
Any update on this build? Its following pretty much everything im planning on doing, except im going black (and cant afford to do it all yet :D) so im interested in seeing how it ends up and if theres anything ive missed, or more accurately, see your list of WC components and copy most of it ;)
Its been a long time since i did any watercooling (Q6600 & 8800GTX's iirc) and obviously first time going hardline, which im guessing you'll be doing, and its various fittings and silly little things im expecting to incorrectly order. I'll probably have another look at the EK configuration tool on their website before i pull the trigger.
I already have the case and the system hardware, but still need a whole bunch of fans and all the watercooling stuff, and want to go Lian-Li & EK Matrix7.

Was their any development with regards to the Lian Li vertical mount compatibility, everything appears fine in the photo, did you go on to find a reason EK say its incompatible with their Matrix7 solutions? I really want to go with the GPU in either of the non-standard locations, although im questioning whether its worth it if im planning on fitting an EK Acetal ABP, as it doesnt really have much to show off besides a little RGB strip. If it was a stock Strix or something loud and obnoxious i'd spent extra for all that RGB, maybe i'd want to showcase it, but im not fussed about the plexi + RGB route and for the overall cost of the mounts & PCI cable, im finding it hard to justify what its adding in my situation.
Can you tell if the LL horizontal mount would be compatible with the EK distro block?
Im also struggling to fully understand the issue you mentioned about the incompatibility with the side cooler & fans. Things look great from the photo, is it a matter of it blocking ports in/out of the distro block, which is harder to spot? I suspect if this is the case, then thats likely to be a blocker for the horizontal mount.

Associate
Lian Li just posted their new fans on YT.
Available in black & white, regular & reverse, and 120 & 140mm.

The USP on this being it has an LCD screen in there, and they show it being utilised in the same way you see with AIO screens, memes & anime GIFs etc but also showing system info, which is where i see the appeal, and putting 3 of these in the vertical rad/fan space would look cool (imo).
£42 a pop apparently, which seems okay used sparingly alongside the non-lcd model.

Edit - I typed this post at 12 on a surface tablet and accidentally closed the tab and lost the msg when reopening the closed tab. I was fuming cos writing it made me a little late for a hospital appointment. Now I return to leave a similar msg, and there’s my msg sitting there waiting to be posted. Different device & browser, so presumably built into the forum. Very nice.

Last edited:
Associate
Lian Li just posted their new fans on YT.
Available in black & white, regular & reverse, and 120 & 140mm.

The USP on this being it has an LCD screen in there, and they show it being utilised in the same way you see with AIO screens, memes & anime GIFs etc but also showing system info, which is where i see the appeal, and putting 3 of these in the vertical rad/fan space would look cool (imo).
£42 a pop apparently, which seems okay used sparingly alongside the non-lcd model.

Utterly pointless.

I love them! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Utterly pointless.

I love them! :D
Pretty much sums up half of Lian-Li’s accessories ;)

My only criticism is that I wish these had the lighting on the blades too, however these might look a little more tasteful. The main thing is they’ve done them to suit multiple use cases, specifically 140mm and reverse options, and non-lcd versions too so these can be used sparingly and still have a uniform look. I also think full LCD fans, but have them show the Lian-Li logo, or solid colours are both nice options. It doesn’t need to be anime gifs etc, it can be tasteful.

fwiw, you had me on the hook until I saw the full text in the quote :D damn you.

Associate
The non-lcd fan is even more interesting. As far as I know it is the only LCP fan available in reverse and with RGB(and one of the only 140 fans with LCP, the only other one is Thermaltake Toughfan pro). Lian Li are really pushing the boundries here

Associate
Stopped noticing email notifications for this thread and only just caught up. I never did contact Lian Li about the IO, but im surprised to hear that the replacement is working.
I barely see that RGB strip tbh, the case is centered side on to me and i just see the reflection on the far edge of the glass panel, however i should get in contact them about it. Glad to hear they've sorted it out quickly though.

Any update on this build? Its following pretty much everything im planning on doing, except im going black (and cant afford to do it all yet :D) so im interested in seeing how it ends up and if theres anything ive missed, or more accurately, see your list of WC components and copy most of it ;)
Its been a long time since i did any watercooling (Q6600 & 8800GTX's iirc) and obviously first time going hardline, which im guessing you'll be doing, and its various fittings and silly little things im expecting to incorrectly order. I'll probably have another look at the EK configuration tool on their website before i pull the trigger.
I already have the case and the system hardware, but still need a whole bunch of fans and all the watercooling stuff, and want to go Lian-Li & EK Matrix7.

Was their any development with regards to the Lian Li vertical mount compatibility, everything appears fine in the photo, did you go on to find a reason EK say its incompatible with their Matrix7 solutions? I really want to go with the GPU in either of the non-standard locations, although im questioning whether its worth it if im planning on fitting an EK Acetal ABP, as it doesnt really have much to show off besides a little RGB strip. If it was a stock Strix or something loud and obnoxious i'd spent extra for all that RGB, maybe i'd want to showcase it, but im not fussed about the plexi + RGB route and for the overall cost of the mounts & PCI cable, im finding it hard to justify what its adding in my situation.
Can you tell if the LL horizontal mount would be compatible with the EK distro block?
Im also struggling to fully understand the issue you mentioned about the incompatibility with the side cooler & fans. Things look great from the photo, is it a matter of it blocking ports in/out of the distro block, which is harder to spot? I suspect if this is the case, then thats likely to be a blocker for the horizontal mount.
Not moved any further forward yet other then picking up a seasonsonic 1200W. Still trying to make my mind up on Intel Vs AMD. Probably going Intel this time as i like the white Z790 Formula and there just aint enough difference in AMD and Intel to warrant a choice on performance alone. ALso waiting for the Super series to come out,. more for the price cuts (hopefully to 4090)

Biggest bug bear is that the fans on the side Rad had to go behind the rad. I got the new corsair fans as i like some of the effects and now i have to hide 3 of them. No clue on the vertical mount yet, will make it work if it does'nt work out the box unless it looks ugly then will have to stump up for the lian li one

Associate
Not moved any further forward yet other then picking up a seasonsonic 1200W. Still trying to make my mind up on Intel Vs AMD. Probably going Intel this time as i like the white Z790 Formula and there just aint enough difference in AMD and Intel to warrant a choice on performance alone. ALso waiting for the Super series to come out,. more for the price cuts (hopefully to 4090)

Biggest bug bear is that the fans on the side Rad had to go behind the rad. I got the new corsair fans as i like some of the effects and now i have to hide 3 of them. No clue on the vertical mount yet, will make it work if it does'nt work out the box unless it looks ugly then will have to stump up for the lian li one
Does that mean the distro block & side fan location are incompatible? The EK site says nothing about issues using 3 rads, or the Lian-Li GPU adapter for that matter, and you’d think considering this is a product designed for one case they’d highlight potential issues like you’re having. I wouldn’t have thought that there would be enough room in the back for a 3rd rad and fans beyond that. I’d have thought the only way it would fit is how you had it in the photo, so I’m unsure where the issue is.

The location you had the problem fans is exactly where I want to put 2-3 of the LCD fans, anywhere else is kinda useless.

Associate
Does that mean the distro block & side fan location are incompatible? The EK site says nothing about issues using 3 rads, or the Lian-Li GPU adapter for that matter, and you’d think considering this is a product designed for one case they’d highlight potential issues like you’re having. I wouldn’t have thought that there would be enough room in the back for a 3rd rad and fans beyond that. I’d have thought the only way it would fit is how you had it in the photo, so I’m unsure where the issue is.

The location you had the problem fans is exactly where I want to put 2-3 of the LCD fans, anywhere else is kinda useless.
Yep, there is no way you can fit the 3 rads with the side fans on the inside of the rad. Those fans have to be on the reverse else it is impossible to connect everything. moving those fans into the back of the case allowed space to plumb everything into the distro. I was less then happy about this as there was no mention in the documentation about this but there is nothing i can do about it now.

I have not seen anything official about the Lian Li vertical mount being incompatible with matrix 7 but another user did mention it further back in this thread

Associate
Yep, there is no way you can fit the 3 rads with the side fans on the inside of the rad. Those fans have to be on the reverse else it is impossible to connect everything. moving those fans into the back of the case allowed space to plumb everything into the distro. I was less then happy about this as there was no mention in the documentation about this but there is nothing i can do about it now.

I have not seen anything official about the Lian Li vertical mount being incompatible with matrix 7 but another user did mention it further back in this thread
Damn, that sucks.
I guess I’ll do some more digging and have a think. I probably won’t start buying any of the water cooling parts till Feb so I’ve got a fair bit of time.

Associate
Damn, that sucks.
I guess I’ll do some more digging and have a think. I probably won’t start buying any of the water cooling parts till Feb so I’ve got a fair bit of time.
Its boxed up at the moment but after Xmas i will try and get some Pics so you can seethe tolerances

Associate
Well i ran into a major snag with my build. Purchased the Case, Distro and 3 420MM rads. When teh supers came out i checked EK's compatibility charts and saw the RTX 4080 Super Gigabyte OC Gaming listed as compatible with there Gigabyte Master water block. Lovely day or so i thought, picked up the 4080 Super on launch for a good price (as good as they get these days), looked today to pick up the water block and boom, the card has been removed from the compatibility list. Now i am completely stuck, all parts are well past the possibility of return. Spoke to Ek and they had listed the card on there compatibility list because Gigabyte told them "it should work" Ek done no due diligence at all for themselves, did not check PCB schematic (which i am sure they could have got with a NDA) or even a visual comparison of a picture compared to the previous non super PCB.

Looked around for other water block manufacturers but compatibility with Super cards seems limited. Thinking i may sack off the custom loop for this build and go AIO, selling off Rads and Distro but of course i no longer have original packaging as i fitted them in the new case for space saving means. So frustrated

Associate
Maybe sell 4080s instead and buy 4080 non-s? The performance diff is negligible.
2Nd hand WC parts go for cheap so you will lose a lote of money.

Last edited:
Associate
Well i ran into a major snag with my build. Purchased the Case, Distro and 3 420MM rads. When teh supers came out i checked EK's compatibility charts and saw the RTX 4080 Super Gigabyte OC Gaming listed as compatible with there Gigabyte Master water block. Lovely day or so i thought, picked up the 4080 Super on launch for a good price (as good as they get these days), looked today to pick up the water block and boom, the card has been removed from the compatibility list. Now i am completely stuck, all parts are well past the possibility of return. Spoke to Ek and they had listed the card on there compatibility list because Gigabyte told them "it should work" Ek done no due diligence at all for themselves, did not check PCB schematic (which i am sure they could have got with a NDA) or even a visual comparison of a picture compared to the previous non super PCB.

Looked around for other water block manufacturers but compatibility with Super cards seems limited. Thinking i may sack off the custom loop for this build and go AIO, selling off Rads and Distro but of course i no longer have original packaging as i fitted them in the new case for space saving means. So frustrated

ah thats unfortunate. Are the mounting holes near the gpu the same on a 4080 to a 4080 super ? Maybe ask Corsair if the XG3 universal block will fit

Associate
ah thats unfortunate. Are the mounting holes near the gpu the same on a 4080 to a 4080 super ? Maybe ask Corsair if the XG3 universal block will fit
To be honest i'm a bit teasy with EK and more tempted to sell the rads and distro and just buy an AIO

Back
Top Bottom