O11D EVO XL

Associate
Distro Plate shipped today from OCUK should have it tomorrow, 3 x P420M arriving hopefully Friday. Then all i need to do is figure out what system to put in it.

Associate
Got around to a test build in my case last night. Still waiting for upright GPU mount kit, 90cm riser cable plus distro plate, custom loop etc. So tried out the vertical mount with an AIO for now.

Finally a case that makes the 4090 strix look like a normal size GPU :D

PdlQeGr.jpg

Case is a pleasure to built in, very solid construction. Though I do wish the HDD mount cages would have been an optional extra. I exclusively use NVME drives for my gaming rig, so these are a complete waste. Also they spent time in the factory routing the SATA power and data cables for 4 SATA drives, which wil be wasted expense for many. I ended up removing both cages and their associated cables to have more room for cable management.

Whoever thought that NOT including the upright GPU bracket (£5!) and including these cages/cables should be shot :cry:
Love that! Looks great!

Associate
Been following this thread closely since it was created. Thanks for all the info/findings thus far.

I just put together a build in one of these myself, and was interested in ordering the front mesh panel as well.
Can anyone inform me (us) if the panel has provisions for a magnetic filter? (Eg. Like the top and side panel does?)

Associate
Got the P420M rads installed today x3 along with the front distro. Should look good when finished hopefully

hrDCrUDl.jpg
Just put My order in with EK :)
going for the same thing but not using the side Rad,
Did you paint the Vertical mount yourself or using the Lian Li one?
EK told me the Lian Li one wouldn't work with the distro plate under matrix 7 so you had to buy theirs!

Associate
Just put My order in with EK :)
going for the same thing but not using the side Rad,
Did you paint the Vertical mount yourself or using the Lian Li one?
EK told me the Lian Li one wouldn't work with the distro plate under matrix 7 so you had to buy theirs!
Its the LIan Li vertical mount. Didn't see any mention about it being compatible or not with Matrix 7 in the manual so will be P****d if that turns out to be the case, they also failed to mention that you cannot have the fans on the inside of the side rad for it all to fit. I have since had to move the fans to the back side of the rad which suck aesthetically.

I suppose worse case scenario i horizontal mount the GPU but would be annoyed at spending out on teh vertical mount in that instance

Associate
So this is going to probably seem like an odd question. I am looking to replace my HAF-X as I simply want something more modern. I have always liked the O11 design however I just never got around to swapping cases. I am now at a point where I want to make the change due to me wanting to get the PC off the floor but I also want something I can grow into and I was looking at the EVO XL or the NV7 however there is one catch...I am at this time still on air cooling and I do not plan to get rid of my Noctua D15 any time soon. With that piece of information would the EVO XL or NV7 still work? If so, what kind of fan configuration would you recommend?

I am also open to other case suggestions but these 2 seem to appeal to me the most.

Associate
If you want aircooled case than you will not find anything better than Fractal Torrent. O11D design just cant compete with that. O11 was designed with watercooling in mind and its pretty mediocre for air cooled.

Soldato
I used an air cooler just fine in the O11 cases. Doubt there would be any more difference than a few degrees and for that you get a metal premium case, better (IMO) PSU location and more storage space. I think the XL would need a big desk however, its about as big as you'd ever want a PC case to be... but I love it.

Last edited:
Associate
The more I think about it Ill end up probably getting an AIO. For me to get a new case Ill have to buy new fans for the air cooler plus buying some extra fans for the side where there is no rad. I think the cost of switching to an AIO would be a wash and all that is keeping me on the Noctua is brand loyalty (been using them for over a decade).

With that said I like the look of the NV7 more however there are few points that are a concern. Note, I tend to keep equipment for as long as possible as you could probably tell from my HAF X case and air coolers :D

• PSU location limits build options
    • Will this become a negative in the future with newer MB designs?
    • upper portion of the case is kind of dead space - will this limit hardware options in 5+ years?
  • Will 360 rads be large enough for future hardware upgrades?
    • Currently on 5800X3D and 6900XT
  • Will the 120 fans be a limitation in 5+ years?
I do have a desk that is large enough for either case although my monitor will have to shift to the left a touch so my UW monitor isnt right beside either case.

Also, part of the reason of moving the case is because my 19 month old daughter loves to push buttons and she has recently learned how to side the cover and smash my PC buttons :D

edit: If I drop the air cooler requirement and if someone is kind enough to educate me on rads then the Vision becomes an option. NV5 is really nice but it doesnt have the USB ports at the bottom like the others and I REALLY like that design option

Last edited:
Associate
Aircooled is fine. Bottom and side intake. Top and rear exhaust. Run the top exhaust at much lower rpm, as you only want it to exhaust residual heat, and not straight cool air from the side intake. AIO is okay, but some will present high pitch noise with their pump, regardless of rpm. Plenty of options around. H9 flow, H6, NV5 (personally I don’t like it), or even the Jonsbo D41 mesh/Screen. Small PSU allows big GPU and AIO or aircooled, ATX PSU and big GPU. Bottom intake is great for GPU. Airflow is quite decent. Screen can be mounted out of the case too.

Associate
I have used the 011 Evo air cooled with front mesh. It is very quiet with lian li infinity fans. The 011 XL will look stupid air cooled because of all that empty space

Soldato
Here's my Gaming/Media setup!

20231121-144926.jpg

Specs:
4090 FE
7600X (Waiting on 8 core next gen CPU)
X679e MSI Carbon Wifi
32gb DDR5 6000mhz Fury Renogade RAM
Lian Li Evo XL
420 D30 Phanteks Glacier One
140mm D30 x 6
120MM D30 x 2

Storage;
WD 750 2tb Nvme
WD 850x 4 tb Nvme
WD 850x 2 tb NVMe x 2
Crucial MX500 4tb x3
Crucial MX500 2tb

Connected to
77 C1 OLED
Dolby Atomos Surround Sound 5.1.2

Last edited:
Soldato
Here's my Gaming/Media setup!

20231121-144926.jpg

Specs:
4090 FE
7600X (Waiting on 8 core next gen CPU)
X679e MSI Carbon Wifi
32gb DDR5 6000mhz Fury Renogade RAM
Lian Li Evo XL
420 D30 Phanteks Glacier One
140mm D30 x 6
120MM D30 x 2

Storage;
WD 750 2tb Nvme
WD 850x 4 tb Nvme
WD 850x 2 tb NVMe x 2
Crucial MX500 4tb x3
Crucial MX500 2tb

Connected to
77 C1 OLED
Dolby Atomos Surround Sound 5.1.2

Per chance do you know if you could you fit a second 4090FE in the upright mount position? It looks like there might be enough space?

Back
Top Bottom