O11D EVO XL

Soldato
I use L-Connect to manage RBG/Fan speeds, the case RBG just plugs into my fan hub. So lovely having it in a windows application with such a tiny resource footprint. Literally no performance impact with having it installed vs not installed. No need to enter UEFI or save profiles/settings between BIOS updates etc.

I just use a ARGB hub and never had a problem ever. Everything on the hub comes on the right colour but the case strip. Apparently Lian Li have made a mistake in manufacturing and every unit is affected.

Last edited:
Soldato
I use L-Connect to manage RBG/Fan speeds, the case RBG just plugs into my fan hub. So lovely having it in a windows application with such a tiny resource footprint. Literally no performance impact with having it installed vs not installed. No need to enter UEFI or save profiles/settings between BIOS updates etc.

I use Phanteks D30 fans in mine. What would I need to buy to make it remember to read off motherboard setting on boot? The XL and all my other cases it just did it automatically few seconds after power on.

Soldato
Can someone with a EVO XL built try putting it in motherboard argb mode (holding the M button for 3 seconds), turning off PC and then turning it back on and seeing if it retains the colour/mode? (Reset works as there is no power loss). I'm working with Lian Li trying to see how many units are affected.

Associate
Yeah, I have to sync it each time. Right now its just doing default rainbow cos i cba. I have the case up against the wall and last time i went to sync it i ended up pressing the reset button :mad::D
It drops the sync even when putting it to sleep, so shouldnt need to switch the machine off to asses things.

Im hoping that when i get around to buying the fans & connect3 hub, then hopefully it'll plug into that and not need syncing... but then it seems unlikely if it doesnt automatically sync to the mobo.

Soldato
They are sending me out a new IO but got a feeling its going to need a revision down the line before it works correctly. A few people on reddit have had replacements and so far no luck.

Associate
Finally took all the glass peal off mine, my previous case that i bought about 18mo ago still has it on there :D
It looked nice before, but the difference has surprised me.

If the front lighting is supposed to be remembered, then i guess its worth getting in line with Lian Li and let it be known i'd like a replacement when they've actually addressed the issue. Im not interested in a direct replacement if its not fixed, but i think its probably better to contact them and complain about it now, than potentially wait 6mo and then tell them im unhappy with it only when they've fixed the issue etc.

Associate
The website says
  • Supports up to 3x 420mm radiators and a maximum of 11 fans
But when you measure the internal diameter of the bottom tray its more like 480mm max.

Corsair does some 480mm radiators and i prefere to have no gaps, has anyone else tried 480mm rads?

Associate
Well I got my mine "finished". Really lovely case to work with, very heavy once loaded up, much heavier than the 800D was.

Dream to work in though with very easy cable management.

eRDZXwZ.jpg

Just need to tidy up the bend of the RGB top right as it keeps unsticking despite throwing a dab of 3M doudle sided tape up there. Will have to take a gander if theres a spot for a small calbe tie to pull it to a 90 degree.

Associate
Still waiting for the upright mount & riser cable, and the response I got from a support ticket said OCUK aren't expecting stock until mid-late December (even though their parent company caseking has stock)! unfortunatly there doesn't seem to be anyone else stocking them in the UK either, so it might just be a matter of waiting.

img

img

Associate
This it the first case i have seen in ages that makes me want to swap out from my 900d. Not much would fit my current watercooling

Associate
im build has just started for the EVO XL going to hard pipe it all :D

Associate
Looks like my upright bracket & 90cm PCI-Ev4 riser cable just shipped :cool:
Mine too, Just recieved the notification (case is in the same order too), and it's showing as in stock on their website. The December ETA they provided to me must have been a very conservative estimate!

This does mean I need to sort out ordering loop cleaner, coolant & fans now though...

Associate
Anyone with two exhaust fans (30mm thick), will a 420 AIO on top likely cause any fitting issues?
It will be tight, but should be doable - it will definitely fit with inlet/outlet facing the front of the case - t30 fits then. Now I moved radiator inlets facing back of the case and it does not fit anymore(it has 26mm of clearance)

Last edited:
Soldato
It will be tight, but should be doable - it will definitely fit with inlet/outlet facing the front of the case - t30 fits then. Now I moved radiator inlets facing back of the case and it does not fit anymore(it has 26mm of clearance)

I have the Inlet facing the front. Isn't this the worse of the two for space though, as the others side will be the radiator and then the fans in a big block?

Back
Top Bottom