Poll: Official 2023 Mexican Grand Prix Thread - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City - Round 20

Rate the Mexican race out of ten.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I couldn't watch this weekend, or last :(, due to the time difference. It sounds like Perez did exactly what someone her said he might, and go for the do or die move.
Get him out of that seat immediately. It'd be better of for Red Bull just to leave that car in the garage with no driver for the rest of the season. They would likely get the same number of points.

Soldato
What a boring race, only DR running higher up kept me interested. Was hoping he could nick 5th but that would require couple more DNF from the top teams. Either way happy for him to finally get some points. Rollercoaster race for Lando, driver of the day for sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wonder if Leclerc asked to borrow a security guy off Max for leaving the circuit.
I’d like to think it was more pantomime booing than the sort of booing reserved for Max. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see it wasn’t really his fault. He took it well though.
Rollercoaster race for Lando, driver of the day for sure
Did he get it? I never see them announce it. :o

Caporegime
That fight is crazy. What's wrong with people? Glad some of the rest of the crowd pulled him off.

Leclerc sounded really nervous in the interviews. Not his fault at all, and Checo said the same. Pity for Pérez, a bit more judgement and that could have been the start of the season. The red flag came at the wrong time and pretty much neutered the race from there. I'm pretty sure Max was on the wrong strategy but might have had the pace to make it work, it would have been interesting to watch. Well done, Lewis. Well done, Ricciardo. And glad Leclerc managed to salvage a podium.

What did happen to KMag? Was that just a random failure or did he take damage?

And I see Bottas got a 5s penalty for hitting Stroll. I'd actually forgotten that happened at all.

Caporegime
Ok race. Max in a totally different formula as expected.

Great drives from Lewis and Lando in particular.

Getting Leclerc early after the restart was so important for Lewis, and not an easy thing to do considering how fast the Ferrari was on that straight compared to the Merc (even with drs). Shame he got disqualified last race, otherwise 2nd in the title would be really on. Still going to be tricky I think.

Great drive from Ric too. 7th is probably around the best he could have hoped for.

Perez.....well.

Last edited:
Soldato
That fight is crazy. What's wrong with people? Glad some of the rest of the crowd pulled him off.

Leclerc sounded really nervous in the interviews. Not his fault at all, and Checo said the same. Pity for Pérez, a bit more judgement and that could have been the start of the season. The red flag came at the wrong time and pretty much neutered the race from there. I'm pretty sure Max was on the wrong strategy but might have had the pace to make it work, it would have been interesting to watch. Well done, Lewis. Well done, Ricciardo. And glad Leclerc managed to salvage a podium.

And I see Bottas got a 5s penalty for hitting Stroll. I'd actually forgotten that happened at all.
what fight?

Associate
what fight?
The Mexican Red Bull fans attacking the Ferrari fans in the crowd. It's really strange to see.

Football tribalism finding it's way into F1 - and the Netflix series and Twitter has just made it all so much worst and more amplified.

I can't believe Mexican fans were booing Leclerc... did they expect him to vanish??

Associate
Suspension failure.
Fans fighting over a sporting result, not surprised.
Football tribalism finding it's way into F1 - and the Netflix series and Twitter has just made it all so much worst and more amplified.
It's always been there, we just don't see it in the UK typically.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure Max was on the wrong strategy but might have had the pace to make it work
Good point. I was thinking the red flag actually made everyone look closer to RB than they actually were but max stopped very early didn’t he. Could have been interesting.
Shame he got disqualified last race, otherwise 2nd in the title would be really on. Still going to be tricky I think.
I mean after yesterday Perez might be mentally checked out even more so than recent races. Feels like it was all leading up to this race, in a few different ways. To go out like that at his home race is not going to send him down the path of positive mental attitude is it. Lewis could still get p2. He’d need some luck, but it’s possible. Is it three races left? Or four?

Associate
It's always been there, we just don't see it in the UK typically.
Yeah, I remember going to Monza in the mid 2000s (Montoya won??) and my Dad mentioning that some of the fans weren't looking too happy...

It just feels like it's more of an isuse now as people are SO invested into certain teams and drivers -vs. people who just like F1 because it's a great sport to watch.

Associate
Yeah, I remember going to Monza in the mid 2000s (Montoya won??) and my Dad mentioning that some of the fans weren't looking too happy...

It just feels like it's more of an isuse now as people are SO invested into certain teams and drivers -vs. people who just like F1 because it's a great sport to watch.
Yeah, the problem has always been there just hidden away to hot pot races such as Monza.
People being very interested, emotional and allowing this to boil over into physical violence over someone they wont ever meet or interact with, is the most hilarious thing on earth.

Soldato
Good point. I was thinking the red flag actually made everyone look closer to RB than they actually were but max stopped very early didn’t he. Could have been interesting.

He'd win even if he had to stop again and rest of them didn't. He was nearly a full pit stop ahead when the SC car came out and would have been on fresh tires to hunt them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom