Poll: Official 2023 Mexican Grand Prix Thread - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City - Round 20

Rate the Mexican race out of ten.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The Mexican Red Bull fans attacking the Ferrari fans in the crowd. It's really strange to see.

Football tribalism finding it's way into F1 - and the Netflix series and Twitter has just made it all so much worst and more amplified.

I can't believe Mexican fans were booing Leclerc... did they expect him to vanish??
There’s no-one to blame for that but Perez. I can see him not hanging to 2nd in the WDC and RBR binning him, contract or not for Ricciardo.

img

img

Associate
Not a fan of this race usually, track doesn't often result in that good.
Perez to go off is probably a good bet.
Well i dont feel bad the odds were good. Race was still not great here though surprised how well Merc did and not sure how lando suddenly came alive

Soldato
It's always been there, we just don't see it in the UK typically.
No it hasn't. I've been all around the world watching f1 between 2009 to 2019 and there was none of this crap mate.

I'm a Lewis Hamilton fan and have shared drinks and banter with random fans of ferrari /vettel (when it was Hamilton vs vettel).

You could never do that to another rival football club fan.

Its gotten worse ever since the **** show with max and lewis back in 21.

Caporegime
Well i dont feel bad the odds were good. Race was still not great here though surprised how well Merc did and not sure how lando suddenly came alive

To be fair, Lewis and Lando often up their game on Sunday. They both seem to show better race pace relative to their teammate when compared with qualifying.

Honestly, it often feels like the McLaren, Ferrari and Merc are very equal in pace (though the cars still clearly have different strengths and weaknesses), and we often see the driver's skill making the difference.

If Max and the RB wasn't involved, and McLaren started off fast from the start, this would have been an incredible season.

No disrespect to Max here. If he was in any of those three other cars he'd likely still be the foremost championahip contender(IE if RB didn't exist). I think he'd really have to work hard for it though, and wouldn't be bombing off at a second a lap quicker than everyone almost every race.

Last edited:
Associate
No it hasn't. I've been all around the world watching f1 between 2009 to 2019 and there was none of this crap mate.

I'm a Lewis Hamilton fan and have shared drinks and banter with random fans of ferrari /vettel (when it was Hamilton vs vettel).

I think that's a bit of a generalisation from a limited sample size.

I agree that the majority aren't scumbags, but there are a lot of them. The Tifosi at Monza can be total garbage against their rival team, even though Ferrari's main rival is Ferrari.

Let's not get into death threats from #TeamLH in 2021. I've personally never had any issues across various races, but it just takes one to spoil the fun.

Associate

Between 2009 and 2019, well out of the 50+ years of f1, you have all the information to be able to provide a response contradicting my reply.
I started watching in 2007, does that mean that my comments are worth more than yours now? Also, even with visiting every track for each race for those 10 years, how can you say this has not happened at any track or race in those 10 years? Its impossible to.

Either way, this has always been a problem and will always be a problem. There are tracks where I can guarantee that has happened before and will happen again, a majority of them will be US and Europe based.

Soldato
Between 2009 and 2019, well out of the 50+ years of f1, you have all the information to be able to provide a response contradicting my reply.
I started watching in 2007, does that mean that my comments are worth more than yours now? Also, even with visiting every track for each race for those 10 years, how can you say this has not happened at any track or race in those 10 years? Its impossible to.

Either way, this has always been a problem and will always be a problem. There are tracks where I can guarantee that has happened before and will happen again, a majority of them will be US and Europe based.
Calm down...

Soldato
Voted it a 4 as it the outcome was pretty much a nailed on cert as soon as Max led through T1.

Piastri seems to have the pace to match Norris for 2/3rds of a race, but this was another example of him not managing tyres well enough. I'm sure it'll come with time.
Tsunoda continues to be a childish embarrassment. First he was matched, if not arguably beaten, by Lawson who stepped in to the car with no seat time. Now Ricciardo shown what the AT is actually capable of when a decent driver is sat in it.
The FIA/race stewards need to completely clamp down on the drivers stopping at the end of the pitlane to make space. They already implemented the out lap time delta regulation, they just need to reword it to include a pitlane stipulation.

And I've said this before about red flags, but it's been a few races since we had one so I'll say it again, the teams being allowed to change anything and everything on a car under a red flag is a terrible rule and should be disallowed.

Soldato
Voted it a 4 as it the outcome was pretty much a nailed on cert as soon as Max led through T1.

Yeah. What is funny is Max trying to find different ways at the end of each race to make it sound interesting. For this one he was saying that the Red flag ruined their strategy a bit as they wanted to do something different but then couldn't. I mean, he's winning whichever strategy really. :) To be fair to him, it would be easy to be like "yeah it was a cake walk" and then not really talking much at all. I'm not knocking him, just saying it's difficult to watch the same radio message and interviews every week, regardless as to who is dominating at the top. I mean even if it's the driver you support.

I wonder if there can be such a thing for Max as dominating to the point where it does literally become boring. I mean what more does Max have to prove? If he genuinely does not care for the stats as much (both him and others always seem to play down the stats to take pressure off themselves, but you never really know how much they care truly) then perhaps he may not care to keep driving to easy victories. I can totally see how that would get boring. So I wonder if he reaches a crossroads in the future. Perhaps he will wait to see how the field looks in 2026 when the new regs come in and assess whether to move teams to a new challenge, or quit to do something else. Will be interesting.

Last edited:
Soldato
There’s no-one to blame for that but Perez. I can see him not hanging to 2nd in the WDC and RBR binning him, contract or not for Ricciardo.
Umm, you can blame Perez for a lot - but I don’t think you should include violent fans in that :o
So I wonder if he reaches a crossroads in the future.
I don’t buy this “max doesn’t care” line. He’s been brought up to think he’s the chosen one. In fact this contributes greatly to the troubles between fans because a lot of RB fans will just smear Hamilton, not accept his achievements, and talk like Max has already proven himself to be the best driver that ever lived. When Hamilton fans are still sore from 2021 no wonder everyone gets angry with each other. But no, I don’t think Horner, Jos and Marko will accept anything less from Max to keep going to as many wins as possible. So he’s either going to have a mental breakdown, or a nasty accident when he gets into some real racing with someone eventually, imo.

Soldato
I think that's a bit of a generalisation from a limited sample size.

I agree that the majority aren't scumbags, but there are a lot of them. The Tifosi at Monza can be total garbage against their rival team, even though Ferrari's main rival is Ferrari.

Let's not get into death threats from #TeamLH in 2021. I've personally never had any issues across various races, but it just takes one to spoil the fun.
And of course let's not forget things like black-face and racist abuse that Hamilton has had pretty much around the world..

People suck and are inexcusable - simples.

Caporegime
I really wish RB would just get rid of Perez.

A dominant car period can at least be more interesting if the second driver I'm said car is good too.

I know there are very few drivers on the grid who could properly challenge Max but it would genuinely be fascinating to see someone like Hamilton, Leclerc, Norris or Alonso as his teammate.

It's like Max has an almost symbiosis with that RB car on race day. I want to see him properly challenged.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lol perez.

That's got to be the last nail in the coffin.
Double pain as DR drove very well.
They can't afford to have perez going forward if the pack carries on catching up like this.
Shame for perez. But he has to go. I do like the guy.

Watching alpine behind hulkenburg unable to overtake was painful.

That race was a 5 from me. Drs but still a pain to overtake.

Associate
Yeah that radio comment from Ocon aged well when it took him forever to pass Hulkenberg.

Was rather embarrassing really, but goes to show how much of a dog that Alpine is in a straight line.

Soldato
Lots of deleted posts which proved my point with the state of fans of f1 :(

Roll back 5 years ago etc and this sub forum diddnt even need a moderator!

Anyways I am hoping Hamilton can secure a win this season and I have a feeling it will be in Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom