Poll: Official 2023 Mexican Grand Prix Thread - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City - Round 20

Rate the Mexican race out of ten.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Umm, you can blame Perez for a lot - but I don’t think you should include violent fans in that :o

I don’t buy this “max doesn’t care” line. He’s been brought up to think he’s the chosen one. In fact this contributes greatly to the troubles between fans because a lot of RB fans will just smear Hamilton, not accept his achievements, and talk like Max has already proven himself to be the best driver that ever lived. When Hamilton fans are still sore from 2021 no wonder everyone gets angry with each other. But no, I don’t think Horner, Jos and Marko will accept anything less from Max to keep going to as many wins as possible. So he’s either going to have a mental breakdown, or a nasty accident when he gets into some real racing with someone eventually, imo.
So, you can't blame Perez for violent fans, but, you can blame Max.

That chip never lifting is it.

Caporegime
I really thought Alonso had finally broken his curse of awful career/team moves this year and actually made a good one for once...

Oh well, I guess not. The Aston looks more and more like a back marker again.

Some people think there is a rumour that Alonso will replace Perez next year. That would be wild, but might inevitably lead to Red Bull becoming rubbish!

Still think it will be Ric that replaces Perez next year.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah that radio comment from Ocon aged well when it took him forever to pass Hulkenberg.

Was rather embarrassing really, but goes to show how much of a dog that Alpine is in a straight line.
Think engine development is banned for them too. So no chance of any real Progress.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I really thought Alonso had finally broken his curse of awful career/team moves this year and actually made a good one for once...

Some people think there is a rumour that Alonso will replace Perez next year. That would be wild, but might inevitably lead to Red Bull becoming rubbish!

Can't believe how that car has stood still all year. It's like the mirror image of mclaren

Soldato

Still think it will be Ric that replaces Perez next year.
It's like Alonso has checked out. Stroll completely losing it behind the scenes is likely having a hugely detrimental effect on the team. It's almost as if he's been told to let Lance beat him for a few races and he's doing everything he can to let him.

It's hard to imagine how Perez could keep that seat next season. He must know.

Caporegime
Can't believe how that car has stood still all year. It's like the mirror image of mclaren

It is bizarre. It's like they've completely swapped. McLaren now arguably the 2nd (or one of the 2nd) fastest cars and Aston looking like one of the slowest. Crazy.

img

img

Associate
The aston situation seems crazy . You buy your son a team and spend loads of money and then they have just lost it in the season.

We will have to see what the contract situation is at redbull maybe they will have to buy him out like DR.

Caporegime
The aston situation seems crazy . You buy your son a team and spend loads of money and then they have just lost it in the season.

We will have to see what the contract situation is at redbull maybe they will have to buy him out like DR.

The wildest rumour is that Stroll has sold Aston and Alonso is going to Red Bull. Sounds crazy, but not totally beyond the realms of possibility.

Associate
Lots of deleted posts which proved my point with the state of fans of f1 :(

Roll back 5 years ago etc and this sub forum diddnt even need a moderator!

Anyways I am hoping Hamilton can secure a win this season and I have a feeling it will be in Brazil
Calm down dear, its only a forum.

Hamilton aint getting a win this season, if he does, its due to mechanical failure from RB and a normal strategy call at Ferrari.

Soldato
Calm down dear, its only a forum.

Hamilton aint getting a win this season, if he does, its due to mechanical failure from RB and a normal strategy call at Ferrari.
He would have been at least 30secs behind Max if it hadn't been for the red flag.
But at least Mercedes didn't try to 'cheat' their way to a podium this time..

Soldato
So, you can't blame Perez for violent fans, but, you can blame Max.

That chip never lifting is it.
"Contributes greatly" ≠ blame...
The wildest rumour is that Stroll has sold Aston and Alonso is going to Red Bull. Sounds crazy, but not totally beyond the realms of possibility.
That sounds fun. But also like total nonsense :p
He would have been at least 30secs behind Max if it hadn't been for the red flag.
But weren't RB going for the one-stop but stopped ~10 laps ahead of everyone else for the undercut. Max's second stint would have been very long indeed. Or am I totally forgetting something. I guess if he got so far out in front again he'd get his free stop but I'm not sure that was entirely on the cards?

Soldato
Max was just managing the pace / tyres ahead of the Ferraris. As soon as Hamilton passed Leclerc and became a threat he threw out the sandbags and showed what the real pace of the Red Bull was.

In race trim, it feels like there's still quite a gap between Red Bull and (Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren) who all seem pretty close.

The real oddity is that if we were only looking at Perez, nobody would be thinking the Red Bull is the quicker car.

Soldato
But weren't RB going for the one-stop but stopped ~10 laps ahead of everyone else for the undercut. Max's second stint would have been very long indeed. Or am I totally forgetting something. I guess if he got so far out in front again he'd get his free stop but I'm not sure that was entirely on the cards?
The Ferraris looked like they were trying the one stop. Hamilton looked like he wasn't.

I think Red Bull switched their strategy to a two stop once they realised that Hamilton was the bigger threat.

Don
Max was just managing the pace / tyres ahead of the Ferraris. As soon as Hamilton passed Leclerc and became a threat he threw out the sandbags and showed what the real pace of the Red Bull was.

In race trim, it feels like there's still quite a gap between Red Bull and (Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren) who all seem pretty close.

The real oddity is that if we were only looking at Perez, nobody would be thinking the Red Bull is the quicker car.

Given that Hamilton set a fastest lap on the last lap after doing nearly 40 laps on mediums suggests they were probably all managing their heat / tyres. I don't think we saw any of the top teams actual pace this weekend (and the speed at which Norris carved through the field was crazy).

Soldato
Given that Hamilton set a fastest lap on the last lap after doing nearly 40 laps on mediums suggests they were probably all managing their heat / tyres. I don't think we saw any of the top teams actual pace this weekend (and the speed at which Norris carved through the field was crazy).
Thats true. They were all pulling out of dirty air to cool the cars, even when chasing down someone in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom