Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

Don
It's crazy the teams I come across in Div 4, Mbappe, Esuebio, Gullit and Zidane; there is no way anyone can accumulate that much fodder without putting in some serious cash, especially if you're in Div 4, you can't be finishing that good of a rank each WL.

Soldato
The main thing to do is just look in Objectives and make sure you are ticking those off. Picking a team with the right number of players from a given nation/league, scoring finesse goals and volleys, assisting with throughballs or whatever.
When you first start playing, there is a huge backlog of objectives to work through that will keep supplying you with packs / foundation players etc. It's kind of a honeymoon period where you get showered with rewards organically just for playing but you can optimise it by researching the objectives so you know what players to put in your team, what type of goals to focus on scoring etc.

Moments mode is a quick way to earn tradeable packs, although be warned there are a few moments challenges that are very awkward / contrived, just skip over those ones and come back later.

When you say Squad Battles is too easy what difficulty level are you playing on? I'd be very surprised if you find Ultimate AI easy if you are getting smashed online. Even Legendary can be a challenge against the high rated squads if you are not a good player.

Pretty much this - in fact you could argue that you will be in a stronger position than those who started back in October because all the objective packs you can get might give you better players now a few of the promotions have been released!

Soldato
Looking for a left and right winger, currently running nif Rodman and IF garnacho..

Thinking of doing the Martinelli and/or Wright sbc’s, anyone tried both?

Associate
Looking for a left and right winger, currently running nif Rodman and IF garnacho..

Thinking of doing the Martinelli and/or Wright sbc’s, anyone tried both?
I haven't used Wright but Martinelli is very good. Although both sbcs are bit expensive. I had so much fodder that I pretty much force myself to do Martinelli sbc.

Soldato
I haven't used Wright but Martinelli is very good. Although both sbcs are bit expensive. I had so much fodder that I pretty much force myself to do Martinelli sbc.

Haha me too, but he is actually a very good card, especially if you need a pacey winger with great RB dribbling.

Don
I finally finished Gullit last night, the number of SBCs I have been rinsing trying to get higher-rated players was like a full-time job. Glad it's over and I can get hoarding players again ready for the next one :p

Soldato
I've only recently got back into the PS5 after buying a slim, bought FC24 as it was on sale on the dashboard, used to play a lot of ultimate team back in the day

Any tips for building a cheap squad with about 50k?

Associate
1 89 rated squad away from POTM Mbappe, really struggled to get high end fodder in last few days. Got so many 87,86 and 85 rated cards that every pack I am getting duplicate players.

Man of Honour
It's crazy the teams I come across in Div 4, Mbappe, Esuebio, Gullit and Zidane; there is no way anyone can accumulate that much fodder without putting in some serious cash, especially if you're in Div 4, you can't be finishing that good of a rank each WL.
Divisions mean very little, there will be plenty of 14+ win players in divisions far lower than 4. div6 has 16+ win players for example. Everyone is sandbagging to get easier friendlies and faster route to 3/7 rivals wins, plus the irony is the better you are at WL the less need you have to play rivals (because you don't need the qualification points and the rewards from rivals become less important).

That said, even the people with 19+ wins aren't getting THAT amazing rewards, that mean they would have all those 4 without getting super lucky on tradeable pulls that they can liquidate to fund fodder.

Pretty much this - in fact you could argue that you will be in a stronger position than those who started back in October because all the objective packs you can get might give you better players now a few of the promotions have been released!
I wouldn't say they are in a stronger position, but the gap is narrower than people expect. This is the first year I've played UT from day1, FIFA23 I got end of November in black friday sales, and I built an 'ok' team pretty quickly. My son got FC24 on the switch for Black Friday this year which for some reason doesn't let him play online (child account I think, despite the fact its a PEGI3 game.... but that's another story), and even just playing offline he has assembled something semi-respectable albeit behind the curve. Keep in mind some of the objective rewards are fixed, like a 75-83 pack, or a Squad Foundations player who are typically rated 83-85, so well behind the curve now unless evo'd. Plus founders will generally have built up more fodder / coins / tradeables from all the objectives/rewards that are no longer available, even if some of the packs give out better cards than they did in October.

Associate
1 89 rated squad away from POTM Mbappe, really struggled to get high end fodder in last few days. Got so many 87,86 and 85 rated cards that every pack I am getting duplicate players.
I was in the same situation with the last 2 88 squads so I decided to buy the players outright. I would definitely buy common golds/rare golds and spam the 80+ pick instead though, I was just impatient.

Man of Honour
I’d be surprised if anyone would be bothered smurfing in rivals, the rewards are atrocious, what would the benefit of staying in div 7 and getting 3/7 wins. Completely pointless.
Because then you get easier friendlies, and the friendly cups give much better rewards than rivals. Loads of people are doing it, it's the opposite of pointless, it's arguably the optimal strategy unless you are absolute top player that can cruise against elite opponents and still get your friendly wins.
Basically if you play in top divs then you get matched with top players in the cups, making it harder to get the full rewards. So people just hang around in the lower divs.
The rivals rewards are really bad in comparison to the objectives they put on cups. The 3/7 wins is just a bonus, some players don't even bother with that, they just stick in div7 and play fut champs, they never need to play rivals except when there are objectives running or perhaps to do evos, because they get 1250 quali points from 9(?)+ wins in WL.

EA really need to buff the rivals rewards for higher divs to encourage players to get promoted, and perhaps get rid of quali points as a reward from weekend league, make everyone earn their quali points in rivals. Maybe even reduce the rewards for the cup objectives, or remove the game limits, or make friendly cups completely random opponents so there's no benefit from being in a low rivals div.

edit: essentially all divisions are is a bottom end threshold that prevents bad players getting in to high divs. There's no threshold at the other end that stops good players getting in to low divs, aside from the ones who have promoted high and have to wait for relegation. I play in the lower echelons and there's really no discernable difference in skill between divs6-8, the monsters going 4+ goals up by HT against me are in all those divs. At div5 I then find the easy games start to dry up (because I'm not very good), because the barrier to entry for weak players is there, and I'll get beaten regularly. You've also got the season cutover when you get relegated 2divs, so as seasons progress the top players that have given up grinding rivals drop even further, a div2 player from season1 could be in those lower divs now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was in the same situation with the last 2 88 squads so I decided to buy the players outright. I would definitely buy common golds/rare golds and spam the 80+ pick instead though, I was just impatient.
80+ pp seems to have been nerfed a bit (basically at the point I switched to it after completing the WW crafting upgrade heh), seems rare to get higher than 84 these days which you can buy off the market for about 1700 which is less than the cost of the gold cards if you need to buy them. Picks this morning I had 81, 82, 83, 83, 84 and can't remember what else, nothing special.

I think 85x2 is probably better than 80+ pp at getting 88+ cards now, I got Laudrup from it today.

That's not to say I wouldn't do 80+ pp, but I'd be wary of buying cards specifically for it on current weighting and cheap fodder prices.

Last edited:
Associate
I am also getting impatient now as I want to use Mbappe in fut champs this week. However I just don't like spending coins on sbcs. 80+ pp have been really good but as @HangTime mentioned they have been nerfed heavily this week.

Don
Because then you get easier friendlies, and the friendly cups give much better rewards than rivals. Loads of people are doing it, it's the opposite of pointless, it's arguably the optimal strategy unless you are absolute top player that can cruise against elite opponents and still get your friendly wins.
Basically if you play in top divs then you get matched with top players in the cups, making it harder to get the full rewards. So people just hang around in the lower divs.
The rivals rewards are really bad in comparison to the objectives they put on cups. The 3/7 wins is just a bonus, some players don't even bother with that, they just stick in div7 and play fut champs, they never need to play rivals except when there are objectives running or perhaps to do evos, because they get 1250 quali points from 9(?)+ wins in WL.

EA really need to buff the rivals rewards for higher divs to encourage players to get promoted, and perhaps get rid of quali points as a reward from weekend league, make everyone earn their quali points in rivals. Maybe even reduce the rewards for the cup objectives, or remove the game limits, or make friendly cups completely random opponents so there's no benefit from being in a low rivals div.

edit: essentially all divisions are is a bottom end threshold that prevents bad players getting in to high divs. There's no threshold at the other end that stops good players getting in to low divs, aside from the ones who have promoted high and have to wait for relegation. I play in the lower echelons and there's really no discernable difference in skill between divs6-8, the monsters going 4+ goals up by HT against me are in all those divs. At div5 I then find the easy games start to dry up (because I'm not very good), because the barrier to entry for weak players is there, and I'll get beaten regularly. You've also got the season cutover when you get relegated 2divs, so as seasons progress the top players that have given up grinding rivals drop even further, a div2 player from season1 could be in those lower divs now.

You make it sound like there are so many friendly objectives... Where you finding out all these facts??

Back
Top Bottom