Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

Man of Honour
They friendlies have been a doddle so far :D
Yeah to be fair they were fine this time, I was away Tuesday-Sunday so was worried but luckily the objectives only needed 5 wins so playing just 2 days was enough.
I remember TOTS last year the cups were an absolute ballache, grinding super hard and not even getting full rewards for some weeks. It was really annoying because I'd got all these nice special cards from the different leagues from prior promos and then of course in the cups I'd be playing against red TOTS cards like I'd be rocking my 88 Bundesliga squad I've been dying to try out and then bam i'm against 95 Mane they just unlocked during the day on Friday in WL.

As for saving packs for TOTY I think it's fine as a strategy as long as you haven't been saving for too long, some people started over a month ago so have several hundred packs, personally I think in a game that effectively is dead come September the opportunity cost of not opening packs for that long is quite high. Like sure, you will have more chance at TOTY cards with hundreds of packs, and TOTY cards should be really good, but it will have meant potentially having a worse team in the build up spanning several weeks. I've been opening fodder packs and used them to do the Zidane and Maldini SBCs because they are both decent cards but also two of my all-time favourite players to watch.
I'm gonna save the packs I get this week now I've finished Maldini, as there aren't many fire/ice cards in packs that I want. Not expecting much from a couple of dozen packs so anything good will be a bonus.

Regarding Champs and bottling it last match, if I'm at a threshold for wins in the last game I just roll out the loan players, doesn't always work as it's a less familiar team but a bit of extra firepower sometimes does the trick.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You'll see insane cards coming from every pack, you just don't see the thousands of mediocre ones. I mean, paying say £30 for a slim chance of some decent card that will probably be redundant in a few months and will definitely be redundant come Futties, I don't see the value in that. Even if they literally had a 100% guaranteed Mbappe I still wouldn't pay it.

Soldato
Is anyone else's game broken? I have started 4 squad battles matches now and the game is just constantly freezing and glitching with the players heads disappearing and them standing with their arms out to each side!?!?!?

I've tried reloading the game and even restarting the PS5 but it doesn't make any difference???

Associate
Is anyone else's game broken? I have started 4 squad battles matches now and the game is just constantly freezing and glitching with the players heads disappearing and them standing with their arms out to each side!?!?!?

I've tried reloading the game and even restarting the PS5 but it doesn't make any difference???
Yes, TOTY release has killed the servers. Tried 3 games and it glitched each time.

Soldato
What the hell is going on, playing qualifiers and every game is like a world cup final :cry:
Not sure, I went 4-0 yesterday then stopped due to the server crash. Wasn't any harder than usual I don't think.

Getting ready for all the loan TOTY's popping up in teams. Fun times.

Man of Honour
Flipped round for me this week, first time I didn't get 9+ wins in WL, but qualified for next one with 3 games to spare. Normally it's the playoffs I find hardest. Did feel like a bit of an arms race though with these TOTY loans, i'll probably use some next weekend.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think it's best to save packs for Sunday as that's when you get the full lot including both sets of icons and honourable mentions. Although, if you lack the fodder to do all the daily 83x10 84x5 etc then it probably makes sense to open a few to fund that.

I suppose there's also an argument that you could open packs on Thursday to improve your team for the weekend and then play champs finals before sunday, to steal a march on the people saving packs for Sunday.

Last edited:

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Did the Thierry Henry SBC must say he is excellent, 7 goals in 2 games in rivals. I have moved Mbappe out wide and they are lethal together

Soldato
Does anybody else find that this game just chucks fodder at them when they're low on high rated cards? I haven't packed a good promo card for quite some time but I've been able to complete a lot of sbcs thanks to the ridiculous amount of fodder I've been packing over theast few weeks

Man of Honour
Packed Bright today from an 83x10 that I was opening to get fodder for more upgrades. At 5'10 she's a bit on the short side, but does have Aerial+, Bruiser+, 97 heading accuracy, 99 Strength, 98 Aggression, 96 Jumping, Stocky body type which hopefully means she doesn't get bullied in the air too much. On Shadow chem, she has 93 pace 98 defending 96 Physical, L/H workrates and 4* WF.

Problem now is I have too many CBs to pick from, apart from her I have another 4 rated 90+ and of course VVD and Blanc.

Back
Top Bottom