Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

Soldato
I don't tend to play the weekend/champions thingy because I'm usually rubbish in comparison to the opposition but I thought I'd give it a go!

Lost the first couple but then hammered someone 5-1 only for the game to end and then I get booted me back to the main menu - I log back in to UT and yep you guessed it, played 3, lost 3 with a lovely warning about my DFN modifier!

Great game! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
First time mange to get 16 wins. Sawa and Kante made all the difference, they were just on a different level. I was very surprised by Kante passing as his in game stats are pretty average.
By the way rewards were not much better than 11 wins though. Best incoming in place of Rodrygo soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah feels like they have mugged us off with toty the pack weight etc the messi scandal and the gameplay.

I hope new players come to the table this year and offer something different

Man of Honour
Finished Malard but cba to do anyone else. Not bothered with the defenders either as I've got TS Varane and TOTY Hon Saliba, and none of them will better those.

Malard isn't even that great, I almost prefer Futre. She just doesn't feel all that great on the ball despite her stats

Soldato
First time mange to get 16 wins. Sawa and Kante made all the difference, they were just on a different level. I was very surprised by Kante passing as his in game stats are pretty average.
By the way rewards were not much better than 11 wins though. Best incoming in place of Rodrygo soon.
do you play this formation? I use Bacha as a box to box midfield and have the TOTY french lass at LB. Bacha has over 700 games now and a lot of asists. Bacha has a brilliant power shot.

Associate
do you play this formation? I use Bacha as a box to box midfield and have the TOTY french lass at LB. Bacha has over 700 games now and a lot of asists. Bacha has a brilliant power shot.
I was playing 4222 in game before the latest patch, with the new patch they have nerfed the cut backs considerably so I have gone back to 4312 now.

Soldato
Why is it that I can beat teams 15-0 on squad battles on World Class against 80+ rated teams with 30+ chemistry and yet when I play against 61-rated teams with zero chemistry on Legendary difficulty, I can't even get hold of the ball!?!?!? :confused:

Man of Honour
Legendary has been buffed a bit compared to FIFA23 and always has a lot of possession (frustrating if you go behind because it can take 10mins to get the ball) but you shouldn't have any trouble beating them by a few goals if you are doing 15-0 vs the decent teams on WC. That said I do have the odd randomly hard match, like 1 in 10 games I'll end up going to ET or losing against the same standard of team I just beat 8-1.

Associate
It's gone. Deleted off my PS5.

The tipping point was my defender going for a clearing header from their lob, he misses the ball and heads the post. The ball then hits the post, hit my defenders head, hits the post, goes in. I was fed up of 46th and 90th minute goals, my players suddenly having the touch of an amputee giraffe, my defenders refusing to track runs, passes being intercepted by the Flash, goalkeepers parrying straight to the opposing player, the boring sweatiness of 90% of the playerbase with the constant cutbacks and turning back on yourself when near the goal.

I miss the days when Pro Evo was a viable alternative.

Associate
It's gone. Deleted off my PS5.

The tipping point was my defender going for a clearing header from their lob, he misses the ball and heads the post. The ball then hits the post, hit my defenders head, hits the post, goes in. I was fed up of 46th and 90th minute goals, my players suddenly having the touch of an amputee giraffe, my defenders refusing to track runs, passes being intercepted by the Flash, goalkeepers parrying straight to the opposing player, the boring sweatiness of 90% of the playerbase with the constant cutbacks and turning back on yourself when near the goal.

I miss the days when Pro Evo was a viable alternative.
Cutbacks have been nerfed considerably since the latest patch, however some of things you see in this game you just have to laugh.

Soldato
the biggest thing I hate is no matter how good the shot is, could be in the middle of the net. If its Mbappe shooting its 99.999% a goal. My keep just crumbles into a heap every time.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Must admit this game is so horrible ATM. Nothing but pace down wing then cutback repeat and rinse. No midfield play except that japanese woman icon or kante breaking up play so to the wings it is. Hell in game form! Every team i get matched against is ludicrous, i played a team with toty icon r9 twice in a row

Soldato
Well I’ve finally buckled and just bought this on Xbox… it was in the store for £10.50 so thought why not

I played the trial across two consoles (20 hours) but also didn’t let it expire so I’ve got a half decent team from using the app, but I’m probably going to be awful at it now

Soldato
Well I’ve finally buckled and just bought this on Xbox… it was in the store for £10.50 so thought why not

I played the trial across two consoles (20 hours) but also didn’t let it expire so I’ve got a half decent team from using the app, but I’m probably going to be awful at it now
Save yourself the stress mate, ask for a refund and just pay someone to punch you in the face for a £1, it'll have the same affect.

Soldato
Save yourself the stress mate, ask for a refund and just pay someone to punch you in the face for a £1, it'll have the same affect.

:D

I’ve just been chilling and playing squad battles in the evening, trying to not get too invested in it. Might give rivals/champs a go at some point when my team is good enough

It’s definitely nice not playing it from launch and been able to relax more

Associate
Must admit this game is so horrible ATM. Nothing but pace down wing then cutback repeat and rinse. No midfield play except that japanese woman icon or kante breaking up play so to the wings it is. Hell in game form! Every team i get matched against is ludicrous, i played a team with toty icon r9 twice in a row

This is why I always play two strikers up top, my current formation is a 4-4-2 and because so many people are playing 4-3-3 against me, I can adapt to having to abuse the two strikers or constantly making use of my LM and RM.

I'm not a hardcore player mind, so my stats don't mean as much but I'm beating most players (60-1-6 at the moment or around that)

I used to play FIFA obsessively (I preferred playing with real teams) so FUT has killed the mode I used to enjoy basically. It used to be the competitive mode before the esports scene took over in FUT.

Back
Top Bottom