Official Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Thread - 30fps, 40fps, 60fps, 120fps! (*Spoilers Inside*)

Caporegime
OP
Why do you 'sign' your own posts? I used to see kids doing that a long time ago.
i saw some kids doing it, a long time ago, and it seemed cool so I started to do it.

I saw a video about combat and it said the best way is to just stay in the air. So punch an enemy into the air, jump up and defeat them, once they're done press triangle to yank another enemy. Rinse and repeat. Once you get used to it it's fairly easy to do. All you have to do then is avoid projectiles and there's an ability that lets you dodge them mid-air.
I tried this yesterday with limited success. Need to practice more.

There is an auto heal option in the settings here as well.
There also an option to swap the Tap square prompts into Hold square. Very handy.

rp2000

Associate
I have finished it in about 15 hours - including all bases and Sandman missions. CBA to find weapon stashes though.
Excellent game. Fighting is quite hard at the beginning, but once Spider abilities are fully upgraded its smooth sailing. Upgraded Peter is much stronger than Miles though, so if I had an option, I played with PP.

One advice - do not invest in right hand side of Peter's abilities - they are useless - wait till left hand side is available, fully upgrade and just wreck carnage.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's pretty silly how many times I've already heard "You're my husbands biggest fan" after dropping a guy off on a stretcher, at an Ambulance (after a crime).

I don't mean in the sense of that stupid word starting with W that rhymes with poke, I just mean couldn't they have recorded a few more lines?!

Soldato
The Spanish version uses Latinx and people are ****** off

Latinx is an americanised version of Spanish which has all the gender words replaced with neutral words that do not convey gender and Spanish speaker around the world are angry that North Americans are forcing their version of Spanish into games that Latin American/South American players then have to listen to

Last edited:
Associate
The Spanish version uses Latinx and people are ****** off

Latinx is an americanised version of Spanish which has all the gender words replaced with neutral words that do not convey gender and Spanish speaker around the world are angry that North Americans are forcing their version of Spanish into games that Latin American/South American players then have to listen to

I think there have been a few games recently that did the same and got flak for it. Hogwarts Legacy was one, I think.

Caporegime
Game actually crashed on me earlier

And that was not long after I switched to Miles and got a call from MJ to Peter, and Peter was talking away even though I was playing Miles.

Also some general game oddness for lolz

rduohxGh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I think there have been a few games recently that did the same and got flak for it. Hogwarts Legacy was one, I think.
It is actually a real world problem especially for languages based around Latin or French that use gender specific words. I am learning French and it’s hard enough to get the masculine and feminine verbs right in the first place without then trying to make them gender neutral! There are ways around it or so I’ve read. I see it going more and more in this neutral direction for many languages like it or not. The way of the world.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
All very weird. As someone learning Spanish (Castillian), I sort of accepted there was also the Latin American Spanish, but this gender neutrelised version using "e" and "ue" instead of "a" and "o" is a new one on me.
In the game Miles and Rio are speaking Latin American Spanish anyway, as I don't really understand some of their phrases, were it not for the subtitles.

Anyway, back to the game. Gonna try and finish the main story today. I've done 21/31 main story missions so far. Hopefully around 4-5 hours left. Wasted far too many Hero tokens on suits that I try on once and then ignore. I'm hoping I can get more hero tokens from the main story to unlock the last few suit upgrades before reaching the final boss or bosses.

rp2000

Caporegime
It absolutely caines the battery on the PS5 controller though. I seem to have a 2 hour session with a fully charged pad and only have 1 bar left by the end.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Finished the main story last night. Took me 23 hours but that includes 75% of the side missions and a lot of hours flying around aimlessly!

Amazing storyline that really builds on the first 2 games. At least 1 enemy I was not expecting in the game and a tease of possible future storyline (watch the 2 end credits scenes).

If it was a movie it would be a 9/10.

Now I will just fly around completing missions and maybe start NG+ next week.

rp2000

Associate
Finished the main story last night. Took me 23 hours but that includes 75% of the side missions and a lot of hours flying around aimlessly!

Amazing storyline that really builds on the first 2 games. At least 1 enemy I was not expecting in the game and a tease of possible future storyline (watch the 2 end credits scenes).

If it was a movie it would be a 9/10.

Now I will just fly around completing missions and maybe start NG+ next week.

rp2000
Which character you were not expecting?

Back
Top Bottom