Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
Well, have finally got rid of my vertigo by doing the Epley Manoeuvre, had a week of residual dizziness, but that has now passed and have been enjoying what the Quest 3 has to offer. Tried a few free media players and wasn't exactly blown away, decided to pay for Skybox VR and am now pretty happy.

I totally overdid the VR experience a couple of nights ago and watched Ready Player One, a film set in VR, watched on a VR headset, a bit OTT but very enjoyable.

Good job on the BPPV. I did exactly the same cinema thing in sansar, when they had regular film nights, some in 3D. There was popcorn and soft drinks to throw around too.

Associate
Another day, another Quest 3 replacement arriving.
Took me 5 seconds to realise that right lens suffers from heavier vignetting and another 3 minutes to notice that it has more glare than the left one. :(
It’s not all bad news tho as Meta gave me another store credit topup.

Associate
Another day, another Quest 3 replacement arriving.
Took me 5 seconds to realise that right lens suffers from heavier vignetting and another 3 minutes to notice that it has more glare than the left one. :(
It’s not all bad news tho as Meta gave me another store credit topup.
You must the worlds fussiest consumer or the worlds unluckiest VR user :D
In all seriousness, that must be getting very tiresome I imagine by now, I had to return 2 consecutive Varjo's and that did my head in a bit.

Associate
You must the worlds fussiest consumer or the worlds unluckiest VR user :D
In all seriousness, that must be getting very tiresome I imagine by now, I had to return 2 consecutive Varjo's and that did my head in a bit.
It is tiresome sure, but the store credit they are giving me makes up for it somewhat (adds up to £80 now).
But look there are things that I’m willing to accept like small sweet spot in fresnel lenses or slightly uneven brightness between left and right displays in very dark scenes on psvr2.
The stuff that I’m seeing in Quest 3 is very distracting to me.

Last edited:
Associate
It is tiresome sure, but the store credit they are giving me makes up for it somewhat (adds up to £80 now).
But look there are things that I’m willing to accept like small sweet spot in fresnel lenses or slightly uneven brightness between left and right displays in very dark scenes on psvr2.
The stuff that I’m seeing in Quest 3 is very distracting to me.
I'm loving my 2nd Quest 3 (1st 1 had a display defect in the panel), imo 1 of the best parts about it are the lenses. I don't doubt what you're saying, there must be an issue. I think you've been terribly unlucky.

Associate
I'm loving my 2nd Quest 3 (1st 1 had a display defect in the panel), imo 1 of the best parts about it are the lenses. I don't doubt what you're saying, there must be an issue. I think you've been terribly unlucky.
The fact that all the units I had with heavy glare and/or heavy vignetting suffered from it in only one lens confirms these things have a ton of issues and meta really needs to improve their QC.
I’m sure most people wouldn’t be bothered by the issues I’m having but I am and can’t help it.
Another thing I’m noticing with this one is that it’s constantly losing floor level as I’m moving around my play area.
Not sure if it’s hardware or software related as I haven’t noticed it on my previous units but they didn’t run on v62 firmware.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another thing I’m noticing with this one is that it constantly losing flor level as I’m moving around my play area.
Not sure if it’s hardware or software related as I haven’t noticed it on my previous units but they didn’t run on v62 firmware.

I don’t think you’ve had any of them long enough for the headsets to get their VR legs.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Last edited:
Associate
While their QC is terrible their customer service is next to none.
They just started another rma and gave me another store credit. :cry:

Soldato
i finda feel you'll need to make some choices soon though. maybe consider giving it a break for a month or 2? out of interest have the CS asked what the issues are?
would something like the Honsvr lenses help at all do you think?

Associate
i finda feel you'll need to make some choices soon though. maybe consider giving it a break for a month or 2? out of interest have the CS asked what the issues are?
would something like the Honsvr lenses help at all do you think?
They even asked for some photos showing the issue.
Whether external lenses would help I have no idea.

Soldato
you'd be like a gold standard :)
i dont know if your just really unlucky or your really sensitive. if your really sensitive then be a tester does make sence and would actually help then with lens development and testing.

Soldato
Spotted these prescription lenses on Aliexpress via a Reddit thread https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005...ain.11.678118024mrvEf&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt they're mega cheap and the OP says they're ok. At prices like that surely worth a punt? If I'd not paid about 7 times the price for my Zenni lenses I'd chance it.
I don't know if this is a silly question, but which focal length would be needed. I use varifocals. Obviously the screen is really close to you, but aren't you focusing on things at the distance that they appear?

At the moment I don't bother with glasses in VR and tbh I don't feel like I need them. (My vision isn't too bad though, I could easily drive safely without them)

Associate
I don't know if this is a silly question, but which focal length would be needed. I use varifocals. Obviously the screen is really close to you, but aren't you focusing on things at the distance that they appear?

At the moment I don't bother with glasses in VR and tbh I don't feel like I need them. (My vision isn't too bad though, I could easily drive safely without them)
You need your distance reading part of the prescription when specifying VR lenses because objects are iirc about 1.5-2meters away in VR. I won't have a VR headset without lens inserts now even though I don't usually bother with my glasses in every day life (I do for driving though).

Back
Top Bottom