*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
The two biggest tips I would give to a new player are:

1. You don't have to hit the ball just because you can... often one of your team-mates might be in a better position to shoot/clear/centre the ball and in those situations it's very unhelpful if you go bumping the ball with barely any force or worse still towards your own goal...

2. Someone should almost *always* be either defending or ready to defend - all 3 players charging in to try and take the same shot often ends up with everyone being out of position while the other team get an easy chance to score... It's better to try and hang back and go in for shot attempts one at a time with the others hanging back or being ready to defend/clear. All of that is easier with voice-comms of course...

Soldato
Had some great games last night. Ranked is definitely where it's at. I'd post the video but there is plenty of swearing throughout. Just take my word when I say that I was godlike last night.

Soldato
In 90% of games lately (ranked or otherwise) it's usually possible to tell in the first 30-seconds or so of the match whether it's going to be a win or loss... Getting a bit tired of coming out 300+ points ahead of anybody else in the game and still losing thanks to 2 team-mates sabotaging us at every turn

Soldato
I think he was a PS4 player and had 1999 in his username, so ~15 years old - probably makes sense :p

You do realise you can't talk to PS4 players if you are on PC, right? You can just play with them and use the chat commands, not actual text. PS4 players have an avatar saying PSY NET so its pretty easy to tell.

And so much complaining about teammates. You must be pretty bad too if you are still getting teammates as bad as you are saying :p

Associate
Me and my mate played last night to see what league we'd been entered in as we only play doubles together. Bottom league and immediately dropped out of that after losing our first game.

Perhaps we aren't as good as we thought.

Soldato
You do realise you can't talk to PS4 players if you are on PC, right? You can just play with them and use the chat commands, not actual text. PS4 players have an avatar saying PSY NET so its pretty easy to tell.

Fair enough then I guess he was a 15 year old PC player... doesn't make a huge difference :rolleyes:

And so much complaining about teammates. You must be pretty bad too if you are still getting teammates as bad as you are saying :p

It's a catch-22... if you're laddering on your own you need to get matched with some at least competent players to win the matches, for multiple matches in a row, which in this game is a big ask... But as you say there are less decent players at the lower ranks so unless you get lucky and break through you're just stuck...

I'm not the best player ever but I at least make some attempt to set other people up for shots and have some awareness of what's going on, when to defend etc. instead of just charging the ball the entire game bashing my own team mates around and scoring own goals or setting the other team up with easy shots constantly

Caporegime

You sure? I'm sure I've had text chat with PS4 players, and I've certainly had PS4 kids shouting "eeeeassyyy" at me right before we boshed 3 goals in and beat them.

Associate
Really enjoying this game, Although i count my self as really poor player lol.

Just need to put a lot of practice in to start getting at least decent, Luckily have some friends that play also we don't always get stuck in solo-queuing.

Soldato
You don't need to get decent players on your team to win. If you are good enough then you can easily carry games by yourself, if you can't then I recommend just getting a party together.

You also cannot text chat or voice chat with PS4 users. You can only use the quick chat commands such as Wow!, What a save!, Nice shot!, etc

Soldato
You don't need to get decent players on your team to win. If you are good enough then you can easily carry games by yourself, if you can't then I recommend just getting a party together.

You must be getting matched with different people to me then... In most games I think I'd stand a much better chance 3v1 than with the 2 people I get stuck with...

Soldato
How can your friends not like the game! It's one of the very few games 8+ of my friends have got and actually play. Just like the good old days!

I don't know, he's weird.
To be fair though I'm not the biggest fan of the game. While I'm sure there are levels of skill, I'm not sure how much real tactics there are. Maybe that's because I play without a party.

Caporegime
I think the Rank Points have broken the game. It seems random as to what you gain/lose, and often losing a game will drop you much further back than winning a game takes you forward!

Plus as soon as people go a couple of goals down they rage quit :(

Back
Top Bottom