*** Show us your Dogs ***

Soldato
So this is how Barkley has started settling in for the night.. about 8.30 as we're watching TV he gets on the sofa, rolls over and falls asleep like this :cry:

YseWrRu.jpg

Associate
Excellent! I'm sure she'll be a devoted friend and I wish you both the best of luck :)

The back of her Kennel faces the path from the car park, I saw her tail and shouted her name as I walked up. She turned around and got so excited when she saw me.

One of the handlers gave me her bag of treats off her belt, so was treating her and getting all sort of funny looks and high fives as we were walking about :p

I've booked the first 3 days off work next week so I can help her settle in and get used to her new area, then we will go from here. Not had a Husky before, I've had Jack Russells and Cockapoos so this will be a new adventure I'm looking forward to.

Last edited:
Associate
I said goodbye for the last time to my best mate of 18 years 10 months, Tyke, at around 5pm today.

He was euthanised after being in poor health for sometime and severe poor health recently. The time had come, I knew my little mate had gone through enough. He was (and still is, and will be) such a positive influence on my life. He'd been with me when I was going through serious mental illness issues, when I trusted no-one else I trusted him, and for several years he was the only reason I left my house (to walk him).

He taught me that I am capable of not being selfish and to care for others, and I'm capable of love. He was a cheeky little chappie, I struck gold when he was given to me as an unwanted pup in 2005. I'm so lucky to have known him. I'm not religious, but I keep getting this feeling that dogs are a gift from a higher power to us humans. I'll miss him so much, he's in a better place now, no more suffering.

Taken as a pup in early 2005 :

i5yLp5n.jpg

Edit to add a photo from when he was about 2

0lPQSBA.jpeg

Edit to add a photo from when he was 10

CM0YUA1.jpeg

Taken yesterday (22nd January 2024)

75caLcq.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I said goodbye for the last time to my best mate of 18 years 10 months, Tyke, at around 5pm today.

He was euthanised after being in poor health for sometime and severe poor health recently. The time had come, I knew my little mate had gone through enough. He was (and still is, and will be) such a positive influence on my life. He'd been with me when I was going through serious mental illness issues, when I trusted no-one else I trusted him, and for several years he was the only reason I left my house (to walk him).

He taught me that I am capable of not being selfish and to care for others, and I'm capable of love. He was a cheeky little chappie, I struck gold when he was given to me as an unwanted pup in 2005. I'm so lucky to have known him. I'm not religious, but I keep getting this feeling that dogs are a gift from a higher power to us humans. I'll miss him so much, he's in a better place now, no more suffering.

i5yLp5n.jpg

75caLcq.jpg
Hi Tykey. You brought a tear to my eye with your touching tribute to Tyke and I am very sorry to hear of your loss. The fact that he lived to be 18 years and 10 months old shows how much you loved and cared for him. Dogs give so much and they really do become a part of the family. I hope that when you feel the time is right you can get another dog to share your life with...

Caporegime

i5yLp5n.jpg

75caLcq.jpg
Hi Tykey. You brought a tear to my eye with your touching tribute to Tyke and I am very sorry to hear of your loss. The fact that he lived to be 18 years and 10 months old shows how much you loved and cared for him. Dogs give so much and they really do become a part of the family. I hope that when you feel the time is right you can get another dog to share your life with...

Got a tear here too sat with my boy.

So sorry to hear. It always makes me think of my boy and how sad I'd be to lose him even though we've only been friends for 2 years.

Time flies by sadly. It sounds like you had some great times together. I can relate to how dogs can be there for you in dark times. And just how you said.. You have to walk them so it gets you out of the house.

I hope you can take something from all those good times in this saddest of times.

People say dogs can't replace people. But they can and often do a better job too.

Caporegime
It's hard to believe Maddie will be 15 in March!! Yes, she sleeps 95% of the time but she is so happy and content. She really doesn't give a **** about anything and is so laid back!!

Lilith and I are the complete opposite! We're both bat-**** crazy and hard work! Lol!

LoR0v3q.jpg

My boy has a personality really like mine and I wonder if that's why we gel.

We are both calm, but also love exploring the wild paths. If it's over grown he will want to go down it! :D
We both like our own time but like to see each other too. He never stays too long in my office but comes in every day.
We are both lazy in the morning and more active in afternoon!

Never had a dog I've connected with so much as him.

LsKaETT.jpg

There he is being lazy! Soon as I say "want to go for one" he's up and on the stairs ready for his harness and walk!

Soldato
Hi Guys,
Quick q as i really cant see anything solid.
When looking at rehoming a dog, not one from a dog kennel such as dogs trust. But one from either a friend of a friend or via sites like pets for homes. So someone you dont really know. But is essentially not a charity or buisness.
What is a reasonable number of times do people feel would be acceptable to visit the dog before taking them home?

I hope that makes sense, basically i cant really see anything concrete said what peoples thoughts are. I personally think anything more than twice, with the third time to take the dog is plentiful, anything more to me would be maybe seen by the current owner as taking the mickey? but i just dont know. :) So a guide/other peoples opinions would be super welcome. :)

Thank you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom