*Show us your pet reptiles.....*

Associate
I am looking at getting a crested gecko, they seem to be a good starter reptile. Would it be beneficial for the gecko to get 2 at the same time? (i know they might fight, but i mean, get 2 females at the same time)

Associate
OP
I am looking at getting a crested gecko, they seem to be a good starter reptile. Would it be beneficial for the gecko to get 2 at the same time? (i know they might fight, but i mean, get 2 females at the same time)

A lot of people do but I had to separate my groups because I didn't like seeing them covered in bite marks. You will always get some level of hierarchy in a group and with that comes disputes. Try it if you like, but yes, start with them from a young age (old enough to sex obviously) and introduce them slowly with the aid of a clear divider like a sheet of clear plastic.

Edit - sorry I read that as leopard gecko but yeah I guess it's pretty much the same. I only ever kept my cresties on their own but people do cohabit them.

Soldato
Yay an excuse to post a picture of my skink..

dinkussmall.jpg

:D

Man of Honour
I'd love a pet like one of these, it just seems a bit cruel keeping them in a tank though, and I'm at work during the day so they wouldn't get much attention. :/

They are "cool" definitely, but the last time we had a thread like this, it seems they don't really share affection with their owners, and just "exist". I know I'm being a little unfair - I just prefer my pets to acknowledge me and show me some affection!

|However, I cannot deny they are cool pets to have. :)

Caporegime
They are "cool" definitely, but the last time we had a thread like this, it seems they don't really share affection with their owners, and just "exist". I know I'm being a little unfair - I just prefer my pets to acknowledge me and show me some affection!

While I agree, you can get affection as such from them, it just depends what you class as affection really.

I've known geckos and the like to come up to the tank window and start egging you over practically :p

I would rather half the pets had bigger homes to live in in a lot of cases, but generally they're all well looked after, get fed enough and generally live healthier lives than if they we're out in the wild.

I could go on, but I'd rather not bash the dog/cat brigade :p

Soldato
While I agree, you can get affection as such from them, it just depends what you class as affection really.

I've known geckos and the like to come up to the tank window and start egging you over practically :p

I would rather half the pets had bigger homes to live in in a lot of cases, but generally they're all well looked after, get fed enough and generally live healthier lives than if they we're out in the wild.

I could go on, but I'd rather not bash the dog/cat brigade :p

My Gecko, Horace comes out of his hide as soon as I go into the reptile room. If you wants to come out, he looks up while at the front. Put your hand in, and he climbs onto it and up your arm. If not, he will wander off.

The beardies always want to know what you are doing and are quite curious. They always come over to see what I have for them, probably because I always feed them by hand! They can be quite greedy!

OP, hows your Tokay? I am picking my first up in a couple of days (probably thursday) and here is his/her new home:

TokayViv.jpg

A nice tall Exo Terra 60x45x90, I plan on getting a couple of females to go with a male. What this one turns out to be depends on what I get :D. The viv does need more leaves and plants in it! I vastly underestimated the sheer size of the thing!

Caporegime

think of them as interactive art :p

Caporegime
What kinda morphs are your two ball pythons mate?

Not sure about the top one. That looks like normal to me.

As for the middle and bottom. I dont know for sure, but I would plump for:

Middle: Super Jungle pastel

Bottom: Butter pastel

My dream python in the Toffee Ball. Even a snake that just carries the gene is over £7000. But they are compatible with the albino gene, so the £7000 snake mated with an albino should produce you (hopefully) at least 1 100% toffee ball. Which will be worth thousands, particularly if it is female.

toffeeball.jpg

Back
Top Bottom