Star Trek general discussion (series, films, rumours)

Soldato
Skipped Sub Rosa - couldn't face it.

Lower Decks - great episode and inspiration for the animated spin off. Glad i skipped and watched this episode instead after a crap day :)

Soldato
Thine own self - Data loses his memory on an away mission, bringing radioactive material to a village.

Good episode!

Masks next :( When i started Sub Rosa, i remember i had seen this one years ago, so was happy to skip - i don't seem to remember Masks, so i'll plough through.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thine own self - Data loses his memory on an away mission, bringing radioactive material to a village.

Good episode!

Masks next :( When i started Sub Rosa, i remember i had seen this one years ago, so was happy to skip - i don't seem to remember Masks, so i'll plough through.

You can't just skip Sub Rosa, you've gotta suffer through it chief.

I'm on episode 8 of series 2 now and again they fall into the same formular of being captured, beaten up a bit and later rescued. I am confused over a couple of points though, Seven of Nine or T'Pol? The latter has not really been in much since Enterprise but she certainly is a fine figure of a woman. I think they both have their virtues for certain but I prefer a brunette. Perhaps both.

Soldato
I'm on episode 8 of series 2 now and again they fall into the same formular of being captured, beaten up a bit and later rescued. I am confused over a couple of points though, Seven of Nine or T'Pol? The latter has not really been in much since Enterprise but she certainly is a fine figure of a woman. I think they both have their virtues for certain but I prefer a brunette. Perhaps both.
Season 2 was so bad, Season 1 was poor delivery of something that could have worked but Season 2 was just wrong start to finish. Season 3 was a big improvement and at least worked well from a nostalgia point of view.

Soldato
This dropped in my YouTube feed this morning, a rather good short documentary that was included in an old box set. The film is about the visual effects for ST:NG.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRS
Soldato
Star Trek Prodigy has been saved (sort of) Netflix has picked up Prodigy, season 1 will stream later this year with the currently in production season 2 streaming in 2024. Hopefully it will do well and we will get a further season.

Soldato
19 Apr 23

As i was quite young when TNG first aired, i have gone back to S1 and am working my way through them.

Just finished Conspiracy, now that was dark! It was also way too quickly exposed and wrapped up in a single episode :(

The Neutral Zone left and S1 done. S1 wasn't as bad as people make out, there were some great episodes. Can't wait for the next seasons, if S1 was meant to be nothing special.

18 Oct 23

Finished!

Last few episodes:

Wesley becomes a Traveller. Another episode of Alexander (bleurgh) but a time travelling Worf. Emergence: Interesting Orient Express story, let down by poor effects and abrupt ending with little explanation. Ro betrays Picard,

All Good Things - fantastic way to end the show. I also get the reference ending of Picard now - sat around a card table - nice.

6 months of my life, but what a ride :)

Caporegime
Human play dom-jot!

You ever find yourself quoting TNG when in a bar and there's a pool table......

Me and my sister quite often re-enact the 4 lights nonsense too...

Also the line must be drawn here, getting screamed for no particular reason over the years :p

I love it.

Soldato
Human play dom-jot!

You ever find yourself quoting TNG when in a bar and there's a pool table......

Me and my sister quite often re-enact the 4 lights nonsense too...

Also the line must be drawn here, getting screamed for no particular reason over the years :p

I love it.

Regularly use Darmok and Jalad… at Tanagra just to confound people.

A familiar face just popped up in Enterprise.

eYE7wqB.png

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Gary Graham has passed. He was 73.

He played Soval, the first antagonistic, later more friendly, Vulcan ambassador in Enterprise. He reprised that role in the Prelude To Axanar fan film and also starred in other Trek fan productions. He was the lead in the sci-fi cop show Alien Nation, starring in the series and five made-for-TV movies.

He also was a contributor to Breitbart, but everyone has to have some red in their ledger.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Gary Graham has passed. He was 73.

He played Soval, the first antagonistic, later more friendly, Vulcan ambassador in Enterprise. He reprised that role in the Prelude To Axanar fan film and also starred in other Trek fan productions. He was the lead in the sci-fi cop show Alien Nation, starring in the series and five made-for-TV movies.

He also was a contributor to Breitbart, but everyone has to have some red in their ledger.

RIP.

Back
Top Bottom