Star Trek general discussion (series, films, rumours)

Soldato
Lessons - Jean Luc gets his end away with a new Lt who joins the crew. Really good episode, the emotional torment and Picard putting his command above his own personal life - fool :)

Frame of Mind - Will's descent into madness. Some very good acting from Frakes and a very creepy episode.

Suspicions - a Beverly episode. She's not the best actress.

On a work course atm, so been binging a few episodes. Almost finished S6.

Soldato
Rightful Heir - A clone of Kahless threatens the Empire. Meh.

Second Chances - Thomas Riker!

Timescape - Yey, a timey wimey episode. Great episode, but a weak ending. Picard, Data, Geordi and Deanna are returning to the Enterprise in a shuttle and find it frozen in time, seemingly mi-battle with a Romulan war-bird. Turns out an alien species was trying to save its young, so all is forgiven - how many times have we seen similar :(

Descent Part 1 - ooooh Borg McBorgface are back!

S6 done.

Soldato
What I am referring to in Timescape is one particular moment in the episode, which stops you in your tracks and you think just how special Patrick Stewart is acting in this way he does at that moment in a science fiction show on TV. There are decent actors around him in the show of course, Brent Spiner in particular, but when I first saw this particular bit I did wonder if all the other actors in the show where just standing there watching in awe. It is only a brief moment, and it'll be interesting if you can spot the bit I mean.

I've seen Patrick Stewart live in plays a sum total of five times. Safe to say I am a fan.

Mmmmmm, you'll have to nudge me on this.

I did lol when he smiley faced a warp breach cloud.

Soldato
Mmmmmm, you'll have to nudge me on this.

I did lol when he smiley faced a warp breach cloud.

It was actually the warp breach cloud scene I was referring to. I don't know about you but the range of emotions Patrick Stewart went through in that scene really made the hairs on my neck stand up. I.e. from the initial bizarre comedy of the smiley face, to a moment of confusion, then instant panic. That was proper acting. You can see from the reactions of Brent Spiner and Marina Sirtis to when Patrick Stewart started to panic, they themselves didn't have to act, they were just reacting to his acting as you genuinely would if this had actually happened. And as the viewer, you do a lol first at the smiley face, then more or less instantly have to deal with the literal panic attack of a Star Fleet captain and Data/Troi's panicked reaction, all in just a few seconds. Anyway, it was just one example for me why Star Trek was so lucky to have Patrick Stewart in the role.

Soldato
It was actually the warp breach cloud scene I was referring to. I don't know about you but the range of emotions Patrick Stewart went through in that scene really made the hairs on my neck stand up. I.e. from the initial bizarre comedy of the smiley face, to a moment of confusion, then instant panic. That was proper acting. You can see from the reactions of Brent Spiner and Marina Sirtis to when Patrick Stewart started to panic, they themselves didn't have to act, they were just reacting to his acting as you genuinely would if this had actually happened. And as the viewer, you do a lol first at the smiley face, then more or less instantly have to deal with the literal panic attack of a Star Fleet captain and Data/Troi's panicked reaction, all in just a few seconds. Anyway, it was just one example for me why Star Trek was so lucky to have Patrick Stewart in the role.

Thought you meant that bit - yes a range of emotions in a few seconds.

Just started watching Enterprise again. I didn't really like it first time around but watched it anyway. I'm enjoying this a lot more this time around. It feels familiar in a good way, even if the CGI is a little poor by todays standards. I think I'll plough through the whole series again. It's certainly a lot better than any recent rubbish we have endured, Picard series 3 being the only exception.

Soldato
Liaisons - meh

Interface - meh. Interesting premise, but yet again, pesky new lifeforms at the very last minute were the cause/problem.

Gambit Pt 1 & 2 - doesn't score very highly, but i thought these were very good episodes. Deceit and deception from all sides, lots of twists and turns, space battles - a great scene between Data and Worf, enjoyed them :)

The Pegasus tonight - John Locke! Very good episode, lots of good dialogue.
One of my favourite episode of series 7. That's not hard though, the finale was pretty good too but most of the rest of the series was pretty poor. Masks being the standout worst.

I'm reaching the end of the first series of Enterprise now and mostly every episode finds them trapped in some way. Be it a prisoner or some sort of malfunction. I think this is why I didn't really enjoy it first time around. I have skipped a number of episodes due to this, as I remembered them and found them a bit dull. Most episodes were the same thing, over and over. I can't remember if it got any better with series 2, I guess I will see shortly.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I'm up to episode 14 of S7 - Sub Rosa. After all the comments here, i am not looking forward to watching. Now i have another turd episode to look forward too :(

For me "Sub Rosa" is a bad episode the same way that "Spock's Brain" is in TOS. It's just so absurdly terrible that it swings back around in places :cry:

S7 hasn't been the best so far, definitely on a downward trajectory.

Season 7 definitely shows signs of a show that is running out of steam. I'd still take TNG S7 over most of Voyager, mind.

Back
Top Bottom