Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
If Lamela wasn't leaving, why would Roma even allow discussions to take place about his transfer?

And how do you know that discussions started? I read that each time offers were put in for the guy, Roma instantly rejected.

I heard that Sabatini went to England, not for Lamela, but for Osvaldo. Southampton are definitely interested. Tottenham, Liverpool and Fulham are/were rumored to be interested, along with a lot of foreign clubs (Atl. Madrid, Wolfsburg, Inter etc.)

Apart from that, I read that Tottenham were also interested in Pjanic, so even if Sabatnini went to speak to Tottenham, he might speak about Pjanic (who I also doubt will leave).

Although saying that, everything is possible. I DOUBT though, that Lamela will leave.

Soldato
OP
Saw this on facebook, so take it with a pinch of salt, but I liked it.

735569_410930165678397_862650114_o.jpg

Problems for Arsenal?

Arsene Wenger has let 17 players leave this summer. He has brought in only one (and he was free). Now Arsenal have just 11 fit senior stars ahead of their opening game.

Soldato
OP
Saints have broken our record transfer for the 4th time in a year signing Pablo Osvaldo for £15m for Roma! :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23750101

Been on the cards for months, the right position filled, no idea if he's good though, Malt care to fill me in?!

He is a very good player. He has a goal per game ratio of 0.5, and he had the same ratio at Espanyol (his old club). he is a strong striker, which an eye for goal.

He has a pretty bad attitude though, which is why he was sold.
- He 'stole' a penalty from Totti (then he shot it like this),
- Got a yellow card (which trigerred a suspension) on purpose which made him skip the derby,
- He then went abroad during the derby
- He silenced the Roma fans MANY times after scoring because they used to critisice him
- Showed the middle finger towards the fans
- His wife also posted a picture on twitter of the middle finger (which was directed to the Roma fans)
- When Roma went to train in the USA during Christmas, he faked that he was injured/sick so he could stay with his gf
- He openly criticized last year's coach (Andreazzoli) on twitter, saying that he was a Roma fan and that he should go and celebrate with the lazio fans after substituting him in the Coppa Italia final (vs Lazio)

Apart from that, he feels that he is some sort of God, or a special player. if you sub him, he will become moody.

He is a great player, and its sad to see him leave. But his attitude made him not express his full potential.

Soldato
OP
HAHA! That's going to go down so well...

Either we will beat the attitude out of him (aka what happened to Puncheon) or its going to blow up in our faces. At least he'll NEVER take a penalty, that's Lambert's thing and on one in the squad argues with it.

Totti is Roma's penalty taker, but he still argues....

He also punched Lamela in the face once, because he didn't pass to him...

Soldato
OP
https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri

BOOM! According to Gazzetta, Tottenham is extremely close to sign Willian!

If fee confirmed,Tottenham could sign Willian and (maybe)Lamela and Pjanic with money got from Bale (but a Vertonghen's partner more need)

Although now that Roma have sold Osvaldo, they aren't anymore forced to sell Lamela. They will if offer is very good/replacement ready

On the other side, if Willian's is confirmed, might be the confirmation that Roma deal with Tottenham was 'If we sell Osvaldo,Lamela stays'

I read the 'If Osvaldo goes, Lamela stays' many times. Now we see if its true.

Soldato
OP
Seems like its all done for Lamela to Tottenham.

Lamela's gf posted on twitter 'Que Farsa' which I can only interpret as 'What a farse'. This may be because Roma fans boo-ed the team in yesterdays open day because of the derby Coppa Italia loss of last season. Tweet was later deleted.

Lamela's brother (who had to go to London/Madrid yesterday) also tweeted to a friend that Lamela to Tottenham is all done. Its only a matter of hours/days before its confirmed. This tweet was not deleted (until I wrote this).

Gianluca Di Marzio also reported the transfer. 30-35M to Roma and 2.4M (and rising) to the player.

If Di Marzio says it, its official :p

Sorry for lack of sources, but I'm at work.

As a Roma fan, I am FURIOUS. If I can sack the Roma board, I would.

Soldato
OP
A reality check when we did not even agree a fee with Willians club, yeah makes sense. Spud fans as usual getting excited only to finish below Arsenal once again. No where's that reality check.

You sound so bitter. Tottenham are going to be so good its incredible.

Lamela's girlfriend tweeted 'Que Farse' because Roma fans aplauded him on presentation, and 24 hours later (approx) , he wasn't even going to be a Roma player anymore.

I predict quite a bad season for Roma.

Soldato
OP
He spends his time on here in a dribbling state of confusion. Has he ever been right about anything...

I spend my time in here dribbling in a state of confusion?

All your posts are in this very thread, and you tell me that I spend all my time here? I think I posted less than 20 times here, while over half of your recent posts have been here.

Its obvious that I have never been right about anything if I gave one opinion. I gave one opinion, which people consider to be wrong (but when you say Borini is a flop, everybody says its too quick to conclude that).

Fact of the matter is, at the moment, Tottenham look stronger than Arsenal, and in my eyes, can get top 3. Arsenal sold some good players last year, but at least they got Podolski and Giroud. This season they sold a lot of backup players (leaving them with a very small squad) and they bought one unproven kid who played in lower leagues.

Soldato
OP
Lamela will be good for Spurs in my opinion. Might suffer the change of style at first (its more physical) but I think he will get on well.

Also, Christeras is also in London for a medical apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom