The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Soldato
It could likely be connected but you wouldn't get any benefit as HDMI doesn't even support 1080p at 120hz. Can consoles even output at anything higher than 1080p yet?

I know it wouldn't benefit from this monitor's key features but it means I can keep the consoles in the room I want without having to use 2 screens.

Soldato
HDMI to DP converters don't exist. Only the other way around, and it only works that way (DP to HDMI). It's likely this model doesn't have a scaler either so the most likely outcome is a black screen even if there was a way to connect a console.

Last edited:
Soldato
HDMI to DP converters don't exist. Only the other way around, and it only works that way (DP to HDMI). It's likely this model doesn't have a scaler either so the most likely outcome is a black screen even if there was a way to connect a console.

Off topic, but Have you heard anything of a DP to Hdmi 2.0 active adapter as of yet?

Associate
Can't wait for a confirmed release date. Was going to look at 4k monitor's been released this year, but I think the plan is get this and wait a few years until 4k is properly sorted n cheaper :)

Associate
I was planning on waiting for reviews when this is released but seeing as its going to be an 8-bit panel I think I'll just pre-order as soon as possible. I need this monitor in my life!

Caporegime
It's going to be a long 8 weeks :(

You know that :(

I was planning on waiting for reviews when this is released but seeing as its going to be an 8-bit panel I think I'll just pre-order as soon as possible. I need this monitor in my life!

Knowing what I know about 1440P panels and IPS/TN (which is very little in tech terms), I have always groaned about the 1440P tearing and lack of smoothness compared to my 1080P 120Hz TN panel but for me, comparing the 2 images in games, the 1440P does look better but the minuses outweigh the pluses, so I stick to gaming on my 1080P.

The saying "You can't have your cake and eat it" is in evidence but with this 1440P 144Hz coming, I can eat all the damned cake I want :D

Soldato

I can review it for you before it comes out, as every TN and IPS panel have been basically identical for the last 4 years or so.....

144 HZ
1440p 27"
Need an expensive graphics card
Slightly better colour than usual TN - less banding probably
Gsync
Average colour accuracy when calibrated, probably bad without calibration
Bad viewing angles
Bad contrast
low input lag

In conclusion - another TN panel with the usual things but also it is 27" 1440p 144hz and 8 bit colour, so it will be better and have good motion but it will still have bad viewing angles and contrast ratio. There you go I reviewed it before it is even released. ;)

Permabanned
Is it true that it only has one input (display port)?
If it is, I'm quite disappointed as this monitor comes at a premium price and wouldn't allow me to connect my PC and Console. I believe that the next gen consoles (WiiU not included) will be able to handle 4K resolutions so having two devices connected is something I'd want to do (regardless of the claims having more than one input introduces input lag).

Associate
Is it true that it only has one input (display port)?
If it is, I'm quite disappointed as this monitor comes at a premium price and wouldn't allow me to connect my PC and Console. I believe that the next gen consoles (WiiU not included) will be able to handle 4K resolutions so having two devices connected is something I'd want to do (regardless of the claims having more than one input introduces input lag).

It only has a single display port. Its also reported that there is no internal scaler because of the gsync module so a console wouldn't work even if you could connect it. Its a very niche monitor aimed at a small group.

Permabanned
It only has a single display port. Its also reported that there is no internal scaler because of the gsync module so a console wouldn't work even if you could connect it. Its a very niche monitor aimed at a small group.

:(
I'll probably give it an extra 6-12 months then for other manufacturers BenQ (maybe) to come up with a solution or for GSync v2.0 to allow this feature.

Associate
This monitor can't come out soon enough, I want, no NEED a gaming monitor that's 1440P but I'm so use to 120hz I couldn't go back to 60Hz so this looks like the only monitor that's going to fit for me, so hurry up Asus and release the damn thing :)

"I believe that the next gen consoles (WiiU not included) will be able to handle 4K resolutions" :rolleyes:

Majnu, I'd stop believing in that if I were you.

Permabanned
I can't wait to try this out, never gone above 1080p due to wanting more than 60hz and didn't want to risk those monitors that can't be discussed here.

Back
Top Bottom