Poll: *** The official 2022 MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro thread (it has the M2 chip, MagSafe and everything!) ***

What 2022 M2 notebook will you get?

• MacBook Air

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • 13" MacBook Pro

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is it worth buying an air m2 still? Is there sign of a new m3 anytime soon? I need a “cheapish” laptop for a while and like the look and reviews of the m2 air, would the m3 base model be much more expensive once released?

Soldato
Is it worth buying an air m2 still? Is there sign of a new m3 anytime soon? I need a “cheapish” laptop for a while and like the look and reviews of the m2 air, would the m3 base model be much more expensive once released?
Assuming Apple releases a new one a year after the M2 version, you'd have to wait until July 2023 to find out. No one knows for sure, though.

Associate

Get the M1, it'll be good for a good few years

Soldato

I saw a rumour there’d be an M3 iMac this year so maybe next year for the Air.

What do you want to use it for? Mine does my office document stuff and web browsing just fine. If it’s light use just buy it now otherwise you’ll wait forever for the next big thing.

Soldato
It’s basically just for invoices - admin work, web browsing/ YouTube etc. I guess if I was bored I’d maybe jump on the likes of Minecraft. Wouldn’t be used for video editing etc as I’m not in to that.

Soldato
Save your wonga and get the basic machine.
That was my initial thought for the m2, at £1079 I didn’t think it was too bad, I know it’s 8gb ram which isn’t very “future proof” but I can’t imagine my needs changing in all fairness, they haven’t in the past 20 odd years of laptops. I have a desktop for the more demanding needs, however it’s out of action for a bit of time due to the house renovations.

Soldato
That was my initial thought for the m2, at £1079 I didn’t think it was too bad, I know it’s 8gb ram which isn’t very “future proof” but I can’t imagine my needs changing in all fairness, they haven’t in the past 20 odd years of laptops. I have a desktop for the more demanding needs, however it’s out of action for a bit of time due to the house renovations.
I have 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD MacBook Air M1, and I love it. I use it for content consumption, web browsing and Microsoft Office, and it works perfectly. I have a Mac Studio for when I need to do some intensive work.

Soldato
Picked up the base model air in silver which I’m absolutely loving but can’t help wonder wether to return it and purchase an iPad Pro 11” with Magic Keyboard. I got the air for just under 1k, and the iPad comes out at pretty much 1700 (256gb cellular and Magic Keyboard) ….this seems ludicrous) but I miss iOS apps that I use that give me the notifications when my phones not to hand (such as google home - cameras) the ease of streaming apps to hand on the iPad rather than open tabs on the air….small things that make day to day screen time easy that I’ve took for granted in the past. However the iPad cost justification over the Air isn’t appealing.

Back
Top Bottom