• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX 7900 GRE as of 20/03/2024 - Not such a flawed product?

Associate
It is, and no. I mean OKUK have cards for £509 so it's not hugely cheaper anyhow, £22 can barely buy a can of Pepsi for that these days. :p

Lol. Super secret squirrel is it?

OCUK have the same pulse model for £70 more expensive. Would just look to try the price match request on the sub-forum.

Could maybe get a couple of Pepsis with the difference.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is the Asrock challenger a bad card? it's only £509

The 7900 GRE now looks like a very solid GPU for £550.

Don't bother with the ASRock Challenger one, this one even if it is only £510, i had a 5700 XT ASRock Challenger and the cooler was like a cheap cooler from 2010, it could not keep the card properly cooled even with the fans running flatout and this to me looks like it has the same problem, so avoid it.

I don't know about this one for £530, the cooler looks far more substantial.

My advice is again avoid the ASRock Challenger, you will regret saving £40.
Just go for the Sapphire Pulse, i have the Sapphire Pulse RX 7800 XT, it has a smaller dual fan cooler, its cool and its silent, even overclocking to 300 watts its still reasonably cool and quiet, excellent cooler and fans.

Last edited:
Associate
I bought the chalanger because it is a smaller card and fits my case better and its very quiet and i dont want to over clock due to power costs !!
this card is great and dont be put off by horror stories but i do respect the views of others but i have had no problems whatsover

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think the hotspot temps were alright on the ASRock Steel Legend in reviews.

Edit - 82 Celsius:
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asrock-radeon-rx-7900-gre-steel-legend/39.html

Anyone got one?

If so, can you overclock the memory much?

That's pretty decent but the noise level is a lot higher than say the Sapphire Pulse.

26 dBa vs 31 dBa, or fan speeds of 1050 RMP vs 1546 RPM.

31 dBa is not too loud but 26 vs 31 is the difference between near silent to very noticeable.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There's some other models that like the Gigabyte Gaming, XFX Speedster model and Powercolor Fighter, that it would be good to get some data on.

I'd probably go with the XFX card, as I think the hotspot was around 80 Celsius, but it depends on price also.

The gigabyte model does well also, but has a high RPM. Depends if that bothers you, I suppose

2024-02-26-image-4-p.webp

The Memory hotspots are high on most of these cards:

2024-02-26-image-5-p.webp

The Gigabyte card seems like a good all rounder. Full review:
https://www.techspot.com/review/2812-amd-radeon-7900-gre-retest/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom