• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well can it run Deus Ex MD ?

Caporegime
Any benchmarks you see for DX12 aren't correct because the devs haven't even put that mode in to the game yet.

Devs have also said Ultra settings are for "future graphics hardware"

In terms of playable settings for me:

3440x1440 on 'very high' + 16x anisotropic and no MSAA gives me average of 50 fps on the benchmark and more like 60-70 fps in-game. I also have G-Sync anyway to smooth out any dips.

i7 5320k @ 4.4Ghz
16GB Ram
Titan X (Maxwell)

DX12 should be better, judging on how HITMAN performs, though this is a more handsome game IMO

I don't believe the SLI profiles currently work very well, if at all.

Another tip - anyone playing with V-sync enabled, set it to triple buffering.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's pretty shocking. I would have thought game software houses would target at least having high (not ultra) settings enabled on a mid-range graphics card at the most common resolutions.
......wouldn't be so bad if a game had exception graphics and exceptional hardware demands.........

£3500 worth of cards knocking out only 43fps at 1080p., blimey.

Caporegime
To be honest, devs would probably do themselves a favour by not even including an ultra mode for future hardware, because it just leads to complaints about performance and bad steam reviews from salty people.

Case in point - Alien Isolation. It looked pretty good on highest settings but you could tweak the .ini file to make it look quite a lot better.

But people can't then complain that tweaking the setting manually tanks the performance, and nobody bats an eyelid about it and just enjoys the game.

Soldato
Soldato
Why is anyone suprised when an AAA game doesn't perform well out of the traps? Unfortunately this has been the norm for years fo pc gamers. A couple of driver updates and a patch or two and things will improve. The game will probably be half price by then too. irc human revolution wasn't a great performer on launch day either.

Associate
That link says DX12 support 5th Sept, which if true means that they have implemented a half cooked DX12? perhaps the setting was supposed to be disabled? who knows? right now though that games performance is terrible across the board.

Yeah *i think* the DX12 as it is now is essentially a place holder, it's not been fully implemented. Any way you cut it best to wait for a patch or 2 on this one guys imho.

Permabanned
Well Deus Ex Mankind Divided run better on Nvidia with both DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 than AMD but DirectX 12 is slower than DirectX 11.

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/deus-ex-mankind-divided-test-gpu

EuJOVJh.png

pbQSuPf.png

Interesting thing about GTX 1070 is 25% faster than GTX 980 Ti on DirectX 12.

All the people saying buy the 980ti as it is a bargain and a better buy than the 1070 will be disappointed.
Plus the fact that the Fury X is over 10 frames slower in DX12 than it was in DX11 is sad.

I wonder how many more games will suffer before the Dev's get used to the api and get it right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom