• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well can it run Deus Ex MD ?

Man of Honour
OP
this is just salty taste because i can't max it out. they clearly stated ultra was for future hardware so why are people expecting to play it on ultra at 4k with 60fps

literally crank everything up to full on 4k and even if your getting 6fps just stop and look at the amount of detail on items and in the shadows, it's all the little bits that add up

NIXXES GUIDE READ IT BEFORE MOANING AND ADJUST SETTINGS ACCORDINGLY

You realise 4 Maxwell Titans is faster than a big Volta card will be and that is a couple of years away.

When the game devs say future hardware it should read "we made a mess of this and it is unplayable".

Permabanned
You realise 4 Maxwell Titans is faster than a big Volta card will be and that is a couple of years away.

When the game devs say future hardware it should read "we made a mess of this and it is unplayable".

Can you make a official benchmark topic for this game?

Soldato

(you can not compare Sli anything to a single card solution as it depends too heavily on drivers and optimisation why do you expect a company to cater for thousands of permutations when it comes to gpu hardware) I've just fired off a email to find out if this game is optimised for quad sli support

surely you know what sli scaling is, and too much equals less oh and optimised sli drivers.

theres loads of things that could be causing issues yet you completely s**g of a company and accuse them of making an unplayable game.

it's playable for me and plenty of other people not trying to be a d**k and completly max out a game on day 1 release and expect perfect results.

just look at arkham knight unplayable when i got it and now runs perfectly fine. Games just like anything else have day 1 teething problems.

come on kaap i thought better of you than this

Last edited:
Soldato
With MSSAx2 I did'nt detect any drops from 60fps at 1440p@ ultra with 980ti SLI.

One big thing though, the game (for me anyway) defaulted to borderless fullscreen. Switching to proper full screen game me a massive boost ,from chuggy hell to smoooooth. I only played for about an hour. I didn't know there was a benchmark so ill fire that up when I home.

Caporegime

It's perfectly playable for me

Locked 60fps @ 3440x1440
'Very High' and no MSAA.

It has Temporal AA to deal with the jaggies.

Be honest Kaap, are you actually going to sit down and play through the game or do you only have it for benchmarking purposes?

Edit - Yes I always use 'Exclusive fullscreen' as well.

Caporegime
This is odd, i was under the impression DX12 support was coming after launch.

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/deus-ex-mankind-divided-wont-have-dx12-at-launch/

For the public, but reviewer had access for testing in beta.

the results in DX12 meant the devs decided to withold the DX12 code path upon release with a patch coming in a few weeks apparently. So the current DX12 results are like an advanced beta, not final. Que some ridiculous tinfoil conspiracy about AMD bribing the developers to stop releasing with DX12 to hide the performance losses.:D

Caporegime
For the public, but reviewer had access for testing in beta.

the results in DX12 meant the devs decided to withold the DX12 code path upon release with a patch coming in a few weeks apparently. So the current DX12 results are like an advanced beta, not final. Que some ridiculous tinfoil conspiracy about AMD bribing the developers to stop releasing with DX12 to hide the performance losses.:D

From what I remember, The reviewers DX12 mode wasn't working anyway as a few reviews I read mentioned it did nothing.

The public release that we have doesn't even let you select it.

I wouldn't pay attention to any DX12 benchmarks as it stands.

Soldato
With MSSAx2 I did'nt detect any drops from 60fps at 1440p@ ultra with 980ti SLI.

One big thing though, the game (for me anyway) defaulted to borderless fullscreen. Switching to proper full screen game me a massive boost ,from chuggy hell to smoooooth. I only played for about an hour. I didn't know there was a benchmark so ill fire that up when I home.

i get around a 8fps drop with 2xmsaa

Caporegime
this is just salty taste because i can't max it out. they clearly stated ultra was for future hardware so why are people expecting to play it on ultra at 4k with 60fps

literally crank everything up to full on 4k and even if your getting 6fps just stop and look at the amount of detail on items and in the shadows, it's all the little bits that add up

Rubbish. The fact is at 4k only a Titan has min framerates above 30 fps on "very high" and even "high" settings.

At medium settings a 1080 finally creeps over 30fps.

So basically there are only two cards currently available to buy atm to run this game over 30 fps at 4k on medium never mind their ultra settings.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2016/08/23/deus-ex-mankind-divided-benchmarked/5

Doesnt get much better at 1080p

If your ideal is 60 fps then at medium settings you need a 980ti or better. There is not a single AMD card which can give you 60 fps at 1080p medium. That is ridiculous.

The fact that until the recent price drops you need a £550+ card to play at 1080 at medium is a joke.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2016/08/23/deus-ex-mankind-divided-benchmarked/3

Soldato
Not got the game (yet, will leave a while) but just to chip in, full screen or exclusive full screen is a total must for the *smoothest* hitch/ stutter free gaming. Especially true if you have SLI.
Also, I very rarely use MSAA these days. I'm a huge sweetfx/ reshade fan and user and I find its implemntation of SMAA brilliant these days, and the performance hit is tiny in comparison.

From the screens it looks like this game is crying out for a bit of a subtle sweetfx tweak, but overall the art style and quality looks fantastic to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rubbish. The fact is at 4k only a Titan has min framerates above 30 fps on "very high" and even "high" settings.

So basically there are only two cards currently available to buy atm to run this game over 30 fps at 4k on medium never mind their ultra settings.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2016/08/23/deus-ex-mankind-divided-benchmarked/5

If your ideal is 60 fps then at medium settings you need a 980ti or better. There is not a single AMD card which can give you 60 fps at 1080p medium. That is ridiculous.

The fact that until the recent price drops you need a £550+ card to play at 1080 at medium is a joke.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2016/08/23/deus-ex-mankind-divided-benchmarked/3

are you talking with 8xaa

Man of Honour
OP
It's perfectly playable for me

Locked 60fps @ 3440x1440
'Very High' and no MSAA.

It has Temporal AA to deal with the jaggies.

Be honest Kaap, are you actually going to sit down and play through the game or do you only have it for benchmarking purposes?

Edit - Yes I always use 'Exclusive fullscreen' as well.

If I like a game I will play it a lot.

I don't know yet about Deus Ex MD, the reason I got it is because one of the guys asked if I would do a bench thread for it yesterday.

Ultimately if I do play the game it will be because of gameplay and not how good or bad the graphics are.

I do think the graphics are poor even on max settings, you only have to look at the characters hair for example.

Caporegime
are you talking with 8xaa

No that review had AA off, just Temporal AA on the v high and high settings. Even that was off for the medium results at 1080.

And seriously, that game must look rubbish at 1080 on medium with no AA esp nowadays. Jaggies everywhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well having looked at numerous videos of this on ultra settings, I'm scratching my head as to why it is so demanding on the GPU.

Rise Of The Tomb Raider looks vastly superior to this game and runs far,far better on lesser hardware.

Soldato

No matter where I look online the majority of people have severe performance issues at all types of settings.

I don't understand how anyone can justify the performance; especially looking at the visuals. They're just not good enough for the performance issues.

Saying the game was developed for "future hardware" is just a poor copout for making a badly optimised game.

Caporegime
I see somebody tried switching everything off and putting everything on lowest settings and 1280x720 on his 980ti OC to 1500 and he managed 120 fps in the benchmark. Couldnt even get to 144fps with all that horsepower.

That to me is a broken game/coding. There is no way should a game running at 1280 x 720 only get 120fps.

Back
Top Bottom