Yodel Delivery Service - OMG!

Associate
I can further reiterate my frustration at the poor service of YODEL.

Product dispatched Thursday with "Next Day Delivery" so expected Friday. Product goes out for delivery 7:30am Friday and no show at all. Tracking updates midday Saturday with that it's been delivered 4pm Friday somewhere; clearly no van or delivery spotted anywhere near my address all day.

No response from YODEL as to be expected on a bank holiday weekend, I'm out of pocket and won't hear anything from either courier or retailer until Tuesday.

Soldato
At the last place I lived HDNL would often sign for packages themselves under mine or other peoples names.

Two packages were apparently signed by someone on the floor above, when I asked these people they said they had definitely not signed for anything, but they informed me the same thing had happened to them in the past.

HDNL said they had delivered it and that because it was signed for by someone in the building it was essentially my fault.

Lo and behold 1 week later I received an email from Amazon saying the packages had turned up at their warehouse from HDNL as being unable to be delivered.

But I live in a new location now and they are excellent :D It's just a shame that couriers are so hit and miss according to where you live.

Soldato
I had a mare with them too trying to return a broke Kindle from Inverness to the "rain forest" depot at Fife. It took 4 days with 3 calls & 4 e-mails before the online tracking finally showed it'd left for delivery. It's a 3-4hr drive not 3-4 DAY one. Their "help" staff seemed nice over the phone/e-mail though, useless but nice.

Soldato
I sold 2 used tyres on ebay and used Yodel to ship them. It worked out cheaper to send as 2 seperate parcels so that's what I did. Guy turns up at my work in Warrington, gives me the card with tracking info on and collects the tyres.

A couple of days later the guy who bought the tyres in Sunderland e-mails to say that he won 2 tyres but has only received one. I look on the tracking and it appears once the parcels went into the main sorting hub one tyre went sucessfully up to Sunderland and the second one end up in the LLandudno depot!! Took an extra couple of days for the second tyre to be re-routed back to Sunderland!

Yodel = Cheap != Reliable

Soldato
We started using yodel at work after they took over from DHL and they are terrible,

We only have people in the building from 10:30 and we had an agreement with DHL so they would only come after that time, but yodel just push a "sorry you were not in" card through at 9:15 every single morning, we have phoned up complaining but they say we only pay for a 9-5 service so the driver is doing nothing wrong even though we have had the same contract with DHL for years

Associate
Just going to bump this thread instead of making a new one.

I signed up to amazon prime trial, just to make shopping easier during Christmas period. And It's being delivered by hdnl/yodel, same thing if I remember right. It says it's been received by my local depot and that it's out for delivery, yet there is no sign of it as yet..

I've used them in the past and had nothing good to say about them, so this really isn't a surprise, but I thought amazon would want to make a good impression with this trial if they plan on making me continue after the trial is over.

3:30 now and I doubt anything will come in the next couple hours.

Man of Honour
Paid extra for delivery to arrive on last friday.
Arrived at depot at 1:12 am friday morning.
Hasn't moved since. :rolleyes:

They're about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican.

Soldato
An Update to my post above - They're Utter ****!

After yet another broken Kindle (on my 4th one now) I yet again went through the faff of getting Yodel to pick up the broken one a few days later. Their tracking site shows that they picked it up on the 25th Oct and it hasn't moved since then. I contacted the Rainforest (didn't want to get charged) and they're happy that it's a Yodel issue.

Now for the kicker - My mail is picked up from a Central collection point and today they phoned to say "Are Yodel ever coming to pick this Kindle up, it's been sat here a month!". The lying ****bags have claimed to have picked it up but never. I'll have to get in touch with the RainForest and try to get this sorted again, ******* Yodel!

Soldato
I gave up actually expecting deliveries from Yodel on a set day, we bought a load of christmas presents for the kids from ELC & Amazon, I think we ended up with about 5 split deliveries spanning over 2 weeks.

Soldato
I've not used them often but the two times I've ordered Nespresso capsules online they've delivered the next day without fail and the driver is friendly - first time around he triple checked with me if the address was correct "as the road you live on is very long" lol

Caporegime
They delivered my juicer yesterday. I was online and checked status, it said "delivered".

Weird..I'm at work, who signed for that? It's huge and not going to fit through the post box.

Under the "delivered" status it said

"Porch"

Hmmm, funny because I don't have a porch!

Got home, they had left it between my car and the garden fence on my drive, totally open for anyone to take it.

All they care about is hitting targets, losing the parcel isn't their concern.

Associate
I've recently ordered a new TV online and the courier the retailer used was Yodel. I'd never heard of them so I was already a bit uneasy having an expensive item in the hands of a strange company. :o

A 3-5 day delivery estimate turned out to be 25 days and a lot of hassle... apparently they'd lost it in their depot for a week which then changed later on to being too large to deliver a few days later after talking with the retailer to sort the mess :rolleyes:

Terrible service and I'll be avoiding using them in the future :mad:

Back
Top Bottom