Yodel Delivery Service - OMG!

Soldato
I'm sorry who the **** wants there delivery at half past 5. Phone system is **** and they never reply to your emails... AVOID!

People who work for a living?:confused: (Also you might want to read the FAQ about swearies)

That aside as soon as I see something has been dispatched via them I know it is going to be hell:( In the past 3 years every single HDNL/Yodel delivery has gone wrong in some way. I've even been told that my road and postcode do not exist :confused:, I mean it's only one of the main roads in Birmingham :rolleyes:. Oldbury depot is some sort of black hole that sucks in only the most incompetant subhumans on the planet :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a Parcel meant to be arriving in Swindon today, here's the tracking note.

Next day delivery paid for.

%*@$!

I'm raging also, my parcel has been stuck at the depot for 4 DAYS now WTF! :mad::mad:

Why the hell is it stuck sitting in a depot rather than out for delivery? What a f'in joke

Soldato
I sent 2 parcels with via these *****.

06/12/2011 19:35:29 Despatched from ROCHDALE DEPOT Depot: ROCHDALE DEPOT
06/12/2011 18:29:54 Received Off Van ROCHDALE DEPOT Depot: ROCHDALE DEPOT
06/12/2011 14:42:55 Collected from ROCHDALE VAN Depot: ROCHDALE VAN
06/12/2011 10:37:59 Loaded onto ROCHDALE VAN Depot: ROCHDALE VAN
06/12/2011 02:48:13 Received into ROCHDALE DEPOT Depot: ROCHDALE DEPOT
05/12/2011 21:55:45 LI Update CALL CENTRE Depot: CALL CENTRE
05/12/2011 00:00:00 Collect request rcvd CALL CENTRE Depot: CALL CENTRE

Nothing has occured since it leaving my local depot...should I be worried? :eek:

By rights it should have been to PRIME SORT and made delivery by now :(

P2G say I need to wait 24-48hrs for a comment by the courier. Lame really.

Soldato
Save making a new thread I thought I'd post in here.

I haven't used Yodel before so I can't say I've had any issues, but the replys in this thread don't look promising!

I first booked my collection online for the 6th, but I got an email not long after saying I specified a non-working day and they collected it this morning.

It's a package that's going to be sent to Amazon returns. I've tried to track the package with the tracking number they gave me in the initial email but it just says no tracking information is currently available. Any ideas when this tracking information should show up?

Cheers

Soldato
No idea, yodel in st albans are handled through a random sub contractor who just left my amazon order on the front door @_@ I recommend post a midget at your front door till you get your order from there

Man of Honour
I'm raging also, my parcel has been stuck at the depot for 4 DAYS now WTF! :mad::mad:

Why the hell is it stuck sitting in a depot rather than out for delivery? What a f'in joke

I have no idea what they think they're doing.

Does it say a lot about my character that I expect them to at least try to cover up the fact that they've just left it in their depot all day instead of just leaving it on their tracking like a massive two fingers to their customers?

It really is simply a "Yeah, so what if we don't care about providing you with the service you paid for? What're you gonna do about it?". Makes me rage.

Still no reply to my complaint.

Soldato
Mine has been "in transit" at the Aberdeen depot since monday, I had to ring them to arrange for them to even try and send it for delivery :-/

If its not there tomorrow I'm going to complain to Amazon. I ordered some chocolate online for the GF at the same time with free 2nd class royal mail and they were delivered yesterday :-/

KaHn

Soldato
cowboys by the sound of it, never had the pleasure of using them thankfully although never had any issues with HDNL. DX secure on the other hand are the biggest bunch of scummy lazy useless sons of guns i've ever had the misfortune of dealing with

talking of bad couriers though, citylink who some on here will lump in with yodel fought their way through all the storms and hurricane winds up here to deliver my order yesterday from a competitor(brave guy was driving a high top sprinter too) even if it did turn up at 16:30 hats off for the effort, DPD guy turned up in an astra car(my usual dpd man but without his regular big van ) queried it and dpd were sending drivers out in cars rather than vans so as to still get the deliveries out. turned up at 8:45 cheery and as always polite. anyway the point of my rambling. not all courier companies are rubbish. DX take note- other companies do go the extra mile for their customers dpd for example are fantastic i've had cards through my door with the drivers number on them gave him a call and he's made my delivery on his way back to the depot etc. small things like this (oh and actually delivering the parcel) go a long way to getting a good reputation.

Soldato
I've sent 5 emails and rang twice with no luck.

Contacted the company who sent the item and used them (I'm glad it wasn't someone from MM I'd have been worried) and they offered a refund.

After my complaint to the company, they contacted Yodel same day and funnily enough it was delivered yesterday. (the same day at 4pm)

The worrying thing is that the parcel tracking still states out for delivery.

I would just advise everyone to completely avoid using Yodel, HDNL whatever they want to call it - it could seriously mess up MM deals or even the sending of items which is especially cruical near Christmas time. I wouldn't trust them with an xbox game, let alone coffee machines, pc parts, etc.

I would like to rage about them, but I hope you guys read it and just click back on the webpage and use a company who you know will end up using a DHL courier of somesort.

I hope those who are waiting get their parcels.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Soldato
hopefully the rainforest place wont be renewing their contract with the level of complaints they no doubt get. speaking to one of their customer service guys i get the feeling they know how rubbish they are but cant do much about it at the moment...

Soldato
Stuff from HDNL/Yodel here often gets delivered by someone in a car :confused:

I know someone who used to work for them and they have to use their own cars as the lack of company vehicles is part of why they are so cheap. I was also told that sometimes the 'staff' will just leave parcels in their cars for days at a time without even attempting delivery.

Soldato
I called Yodel, gave them a tracking number and now they're telling me Amazon gave me the wrong tracking number. Yodel also can't supply me with one as they can't see a collection on their system.

This is unbelievably frustrating, I was returning a £200 PC Monitor and now I'm freaking out because I don't know what to do now! :confused:

Man of Honour
Well, my first delivery which was due on 25/11/11 is STILL at the depot and hasn't moved since it arrived on 25/11/11 despite have requested delivery. Can't go pick it up as I don't have the card, as they haven't tried to delivery it.

Second delivery was sent back to the supplier as not wanted. Errrr.... WRONG! It's being resent and may be here today. *won't hold my breath*

Third delivery arrived only a week later than it should have...

Soldato
Well I called Amazon and they said that they had seen the package was collected, now I guess it's just down to Yodel to get it to Amazon. :/

Associate
I've used all the couriers to send 100's of parcels, and the only ones i've had problems with were Yodel. I sent a fishtank (yes it sounds a dumb idea) The tank was a plastic triple hexagon type tank all wrapped up in 6" thick air pockets and plastered with FRAGILE tape in big red letters. You could literally bounce it off the floor it was that well packaged yet Yodel managed to break it to pieces.

It's as though they knew what it was, knew i didn't stand a chance in claiming compensation because it was on there no compo list, so they broke it on purpose. ******** :mad:

Funnily enough, this happened as soon as HDN changed to Yodel.

Back
Top Bottom