[ITT: Charitable donations]Skywalker's daughter, Bethany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
**Update on the scan situation**

Initially we were hopeful of dropping the time taken for the end to end process of getting little Bethany's scans and operation sorted. It has since become apparent that this is not a viable option. It would be prohibitively expensive to even bring the scans forward, and this would have very little impact on the timeline of the process due to the ongoing work that has to happen around the scans.

***Closing date for payments has passed***

We raised a grand total of £4001.51

I don't know about anyone else, but having read the past threads on how Skywalker's daughter's situation is proceeding I get sadder and sadder at the situation. Read here, here, here, here and here.

Now they're having to wait months for an MRI. Well I don't want them to have to wait months. IMO she deserves a better go at it than that.

To that end I have deposited some money into a spare account I set up some years ago for charitable donations. Anyone willing to do the same can do so with the following details:

PayPal:

-removed-

Bank details:

-removed-

This might be a bit of a bolt from the blue on Skywalker's behalf, as I haven't spoken to him or contacted him regarding this at all. I just can't bear the thought of that beautiful little girl suffering more than is absolutely necessary on some waiting list if a few quid can bump her up the list a bit.

This thread might die on its arse. Nothing might come of it, but those of you that do wish to give now have a way of doing so. I'm not entirely sure what would happen with the money, depends how much there is I guess. It might be enough to make her wait a little easier. More importantly it might be a way to make her wait shorter.

Bank transfer fund: £1305.56
PayPal fund: £2185.82

GRAND TOTAL: £3491.38

As of 18:08 - 03/06

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Just transferred from a BOS account to the Halifax account - should be instant transfer.

Could you check please so that I know it got to the right account.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
After I get paid tommorrow and fiddle my cash around accounts I'll see if there is anything I can drop in here.

All the best.

Soldato
An MRI scan can cost upto and beyond £800 at the nuffield depending on size/area.
The Nuffield are brilliant, for example I went in today to see a consultant for the first time about a groin problem, and monday morning im in for an operation.

Though Im sure Slywalker has looked into going private just though id post incase it had slipped the net.

Soldato
An MRI scan can cost upto and beyond £800 at the nuffield depending on size/area.
The Nuffield are brilliant, for example I went in today to see a consultant for the first time about a groin problem, and monday morning im in for an operation.

Though Im sure Slywalker has looked into going private just though id post incase it had slipped the net.

Was £350 at Hartlepool General Hospital last year for my wife. You don't have to go to the Nuffield, the vast majority of NHS hospitals will take private patients.

Permabanned
Sent mine over via PayPal. Acknowledgement of receipt would be appreciated so I know it's def gone to the right place :)

EDIT: Sticky please, and top job, Gilly :D

Last edited:
Associate
I wish Skywalker and his family all the best, hopefully my small contribution can help to make a real difference.

Gilly-a paypal payment should be winging it's way to you

Soldato
I put some in. Don't have a job (am a student doing exams) so couldn't put much though. Did it via bank transfer and apparently it can take up to 4 days.

Hope this helps, and I wish her good luck with her health.

Soldato
What is wrong with her? Ive read the threads , and Am i right in thinking its a Brain Tumour?

She has a condition called Tubersclerosis if I remember correctly, which causes multiple tumours to grow on her brain causing amongst other things epilepsy loss of vision, loss of mobility and other problems.

Associate
She has a condition called Tubersclerosis if I remember correctly, which causes multiple tumours to grow on her brain causing amongst other things epilepsy loss of vision, loss of mobility and other problems.

:(

My Aunty died of a Brain Tumour. Truly Horrible.

I wish him the best of luck ,and god bless her :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom