Dell 2209wa on its way and....

Associate
Could someone please tell me where their monitor was made? I thought it was supposed to be China, but I've tried buying one out here, even in Beijing, and they say they are not for sale yet in China! Very confused! :confused:

I'm tempted to pick one up when I come back to UK next week, but I'm only back for 10 days, so if it has problems I wouldn't be able to sort it in time. Also it probably weighs too much.

One more question - Does the monitors menu have different language choices? i.e. Chinese (中文)?

Soldato
Could someone please tell me where their monitor was made? I thought it was supposed to be China, but I've tried buying one out here, even in Beijing, and they say they are not for sale yet in China! Very confused! :confused:

I'm tempted to pick one up when I come back to UK next week, but I'm only back for 10 days, so if it has problems I wouldn't be able to sort it in time. Also it probably weighs too much.

One more question - Does the monitors menu have different language choices? i.e. Chinese (中文)?

both that I have seen were czech

Associate
i had a play last night, i think mine were set to 75, but doesn't quite seem ideal, i hope somebody who really knows how to configure a monitor properly will post up their settings shortly.

Last edited:
Associate
i had a play last night, i think mine were set to 75, but doesn't quite seem ideal, i hope somebody who really knows how to configure a monitor properly will post up their settings shortly.

I think i read on another thread people had the brightness at 11.Out of interest can you try lowering the brightness to see if this makes the monitor buzz.Only ask because i had a few monitors in the past not buzzing but when you lower the brightness you start to hear the buzzing.
And i don't mean loud buzzing but a noise you can hear if you put your ear to the monitor.I pretty much have a fanless setup so notice any noise!
cheers

Soldato
Just checked out the monitor in a darken room. It has one bright stuck pixel and 16 yes 16 more bright white tiny tiny dots....sub pixels?

and a further 8 read tiny tiny dots.

LOL i say.

Hopefully it should pass an RMA. heheh....bit gutted tbh. oh well third times the charm.

Soldato
Yes you can ring dell and get an exchange.I think the monitor may not have a service tag on it,if not you use the serial number and your order number i believe!

Thanks mate. I'm actually worried the place that I RMA it too wont be able to spot all the tiny white sub pixels. The single large white one is easy to spot though.

Saw on the dell webby that you only need one bright pixel for a replacement.

EDIT: just spoke to the e-tailer and it seems I'll have to go through dell (fine by me) I should get the original invoice purchase code off them on monday after they contact their supplier and then arrange a pick and drop with dell.

dead pixel = cry.

Last edited:
Soldato
e= economy i think

Does it suffer from any shimmering? What i mean by this is you go to say you go to http://www.darkhorizons.com/reviews/888/Watchmen/
or other websites and use the side bar to scroll down the page.On TN screens the white writing shimmers when you scroll down,i find it very annoying!
I even bought the Digimate 24inch screen last year which wasn't a TN screen and that still had the same problem

not exactly sure what you mean. When scrolling on my tn screen the letters get a bit dimmer, and then back to bright/normal colour when scrolling stops. when scrolling on 2209wa, the letters dont seem to change colour.
hth

Last edited:
Soldato
Amleto did you buy you're 2209wa off an e-tailer or direct from dell? did you have to get order numbers off your e-tailer to give to dell for the advanced collection?

cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom