Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

Soldato
But it would have become clearly obvious that Lewis didnt have a problem, at which point Trulli should have let him back past. Nobody seems even the slightest bit interested in what was going on on the Toyota radio, which further cements it as a McLaren witch hunt!

Who cares who said what, Trulli passed Lewis, and nothing that anyone did or didnt say changes that fact!

Trulli should have let him back past?? ok lets see if he done that?

Looking a the radio transcript from mcLaren Lewis says
'He’s slowed right down in front of me.'
hmmm think maybe Trulli was trying to let him past so kept slowing down?? hmmm do you even read the news and posts in this thread?

Soldato
What do you think about having a time-frame for decisions to be reversed/changed?

Example if the Stewards make a ruling after a race then the FIA only have 24 hours to change the ruling. would clear things up a bit quicker maybe.

Soldato
CS||nuTs... if you don't mind me asking... whatever happened to the 2 guys with 'illegal' diffusers jetting off the Australia before the race weekend started? Was that just BS? :p

I never said they were diffusers [everyone added 1 and 1 and got 3]

I still cant say what they were as we didnt have time to fit them for Oz.

Soldato
"dont over take, dont overtake"

"I overtook and then I slowed down to let him back past but he didnt"

Im failing to see how this does anything other than prove what ive been saying! lol

SLOWED DOWN
The act of overtaking is not necessarily illegal if you give the place back, if he had overtaken in error and tried to give the place back then it's fine. Equally see below, Hamilton was going slow as it is.

Found it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7978186.stm

It's clear that Hamilton slows down significantly there.
Perfect, thank you :D

Soldato
"dont over take, dont overtake"

"I overtook and then I slowed down to let him back past but he didnt"

Im failing to see how this does anything other than prove what ive been saying! lol

No it's not, only a few posts ago you said

But it would have become clearly obvious that Lewis didnt have a problem, at which point Trulli should have let him back past. Nobody seems even the slightest bit interested in what was going on on the Toyota radio, which further cements it as a McLaren witch hunt!

So you have just been proved wrong.

Soldato
You know, this would have all be sorted if Race Control had answered McLarens calls at the time, lol.

thats F1 though skeeter, the diffuser row would not have happened if at least 3 teams didnt have letters from the FIA stating a 2 tier diffuser system was illegal.

Caporegime
I give up on this now. There are to many other factors messing around with the facts and peoples opinions for this to be simple anymore. The simple fact that an FIA decision post race has yet again caused this much uproar and arguement among the F1 fans is proof enough that its damaging for the sport, regardless of its outcomes.

Soldato
@CS||nuTs:

Hmm okay... That's one hell of a back track if I ever saw one. Shame.

Not at all, fair enough i know the size of the parts that we would need to run a 2 tier diffuser and they certainly would not fit in the hand luggage of 2 guys jetting off with what they did.

Soldato
I give up on this now. There are to many other factors messing around with the facts and peoples opinions for this to be simple anymore. The simple fact that an FIA decision post race has yet again caused this much uproar and arguement among the F1 fans is proof enough that its damaging for the sport, regardless of its outcomes.

Post of the thread imo.

Associate
What do you think about having a time-frame for decisions to be reversed/changed?

Example if the Stewards make a ruling after a race then the FIA only have 24 hours to change the ruling. would clear things up a bit quicker maybe.

Sounds too good an idea to be implemented tbh and the politicians in the sport would always get the caveat of "except where it's prejudicial to the sport" in any rule change.

We need more transparency, consistency and finality to race day judgements, if all the data isn't available for the race stewards to adjudicate (telemetry, radio traffic, statements and press interviews (if relevant) then they shouldn't be able to pass judgement but must instead pass the matter on to the FIA for resolution. my 2c.

Back
Top Bottom