HOW DO I BUILD MY PC NOW IVE BOUGHT ALL THE BITS?

Associate
oh I wasn't trying to criticize. Sorry. Just that I read somewhere in the manual of one of the builds somewhere that grabbing a large metal object would accomplish the same thing.

I know a new build can be intimidating especially a pricey one. Even I was nervous when putting together my i7 with all of the experience I have.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
oh I wasn't trying to criticize. Sorry. Just that I read somewhere in the manual of one of the builds somewhere that grabbing a large metal object would accomplish the same thing.

I know a new build can be intimidating especially a pricey one. Even I was nervous when putting together my i7 with all of the experience I have.

no its fine - if i sounded 'off' it wasnt intentional.

cheers

Associate
i dont get the point in the spacers?
i thought the idea was that they should not have spacers to ensure that the case/motherboard are fully grounded.

surely adding the spacers isnt really a good idea?

The solder contacts on the back of the MoBo carry an electric current and so will pass that current through all compontents touching the backplate.

It is a BAD idea not to use mounting screws.

Soldato
Soldato
and make sure the mounts are only in the allocated spaces correct for the holes on your motherboard. there will be additional screw holes in the case for mounts for other size boards..

Associate
OP
i dont get the point in the spacers?
i thought the idea was that they should not have spacers to ensure that the case/motherboard are fully grounded.

surely adding the spacers isnt really a good idea?

ok - so i have my MOBO and RAM - they finally arrived - one thing ive noticed is that i cant find any spacers with the MOBO - are they supposed to come with an ASUS P5Q-E???

Associate
OP
or if they are not supposed to come with the motherboard brand new in the box then can someone tell me where i get spacers from.

though if they are as important as people are making out then im surprised if they dont come with the motherboard

Associate
OP
yes - they are there!!!

ok, as its stupid question hour....

i dont seem to have any led lights on the antec 300 case - does this mean i will have a very boring looking computer and that it wont have a standby light or any light?

anyone else have an antec 300 that can tell me?

J.B

J.B

Soldato
yes - they are there!!!

ok, as its stupid question hour....

i dont seem to have any led lights on the antec 300 case - does this mean i will have a very boring looking computer and that it wont have a standby light or any light?

anyone else have an antec 300 that can tell me?

IF its anything like the 900 the front fans have LEDs in them, if you connected a HDD light that will probably be a blue LED light as well.

Associate
OP
hope so - i just cant think where from!!!!

well i have ordered a lil pc toolkit, a mouse n keyboard, cable ties, antistatic wristband and it should all arrive early next week.
my lil brothers sorting me vista and m/soft office for next week also.

with any luck ill be attempting the build on thursday

Back
Top Bottom