Dell 2209wa on its way and....

h20

h20

Associate
Îm studying computer graphics and I think i might buy this LCd screen

good move?

the 6ms isnnt a worry compared to TN 2ms?

Thanx

Associate
I ordered another for my works machine, but unfortuately on inspection it appears to have been used prior to me receiving it, the cable bags were opened and there were finger print marks all over the back of the panel.

It had somebody elses address details on the dell box too lol, partially obscured by the new (my) address label.

Quite a disappointment as the one i ordered from overclockers last month was pristine. Still awaiting collection 2 days on. Hopefully we'll get it sorted soon.

Soldato
I ordered another for my works machine, but unfortuately on inspection it appears to have been used prior to me receiving it, the cable bags were opened and there were finger print marks all over the back of the panel.

It had somebody elses address details on the dell box too lol, partially obscured by the new (my) address label.

Quite a disappointment as the one i ordered from overclockers last month was pristine. Still awaiting collection 2 days on. Hopefully we'll get it sorted soon.

Thats a shame, next ones bound to be fine though. I had one that was clearly re-con, but it was direct from dell...that sucker went straight back.

h20

h20

Associate
just received mine and its sweeeetttt. Top quality

only one thing. Seems a bit sharp though to me.

What you guys set it at, default is 75 75

Associate
I'm strongly attracted to one of these but I've noticed a few comments about input lag. Are the comments justified and if so, is it much of an issue when it comes to gaming?

Soldato
I'm strongly attracted to one of these but I've noticed a few comments about input lag. Are the comments justified and if so, is it much of an issue when it comes to gaming?

I'm a die hard CRT fanboi and the input lag on these are as good as any LCD i've tried (and i've tried a lot)

Soldato
just received mine and its sweeeetttt. Top quality

only one thing. Seems a bit sharp though to me.

What you guys set it at, default is 75 75

Depends what i'm doing. for best colour reproduction some where around 10 brightness and 70 contrast is what most forums user have. I'm gaming on mine and I feel a little more switched on with the brightness up so I'm using 50 brightness and 70 contrast.

Associate
Thanks for the response. I'd love one of these but it's throwing my budget out. Thinking of the ASUS 22" instead but with a heavy heart. Still, am sure it would knock my ancient Hyundai Imagequest Q17 out of the water. Can't believe I ever paid over £300 for it. :D

Soldato
I just got this monitor and the box is sitting on my desk at work, I can't use it until I get home :(

One thing that made me smile was that there is a sticker on it saying "Made in Czech", I ordered it from OcUK and even including international shipping (albeit 1/2 price) it was cheaper than buying it from retailers here in the Czech Republic, despite having traveled to the UK and back! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Had mine a few weeks and love it!! Upgraded from a 19" Hanns.G TN monitor and this is far nicer! Colours just look spot on in games and Ive not noticed any lag at all.

And like pjansell said, anyone got any optimal settings? Is brightness of 20 and contrast at 70 supposed to be the best? Just set my monitor to that and it just looks dark e.g. all my photos look like they were taken on overcast days haha

Associate
People who got brand new swap outs from dell, did you purchase directly from them?

I just read this thread and wanted to chime in. I bought my monitor from Ebay and have the same buzzing. Dell has honored its warranty and has so far sent me two brand new monitors, all have the same buzzing. #3 is on the way now.

Hopefully I wont get another bad monitor.

The funny thing is is that dell hasn't provided any way to get the monitors back to them? They keep sending new monitors. I have three 2209WA's and No return shipping info.

Since I didn't buy the monitor from dell and all they have is my address I'm honestly tempted to keep them.

Associate
haha, thats well good! so you have 3 at the moment and a 4th on its way? How bads this buzzing cos if they dont ask for them back I may buy a monitor off you... if you were selling? :p

Back
Top Bottom