Ways to make your boring office job fun #1. Blatent animal cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
OP
Agreed, it's a good idea, but nothing more than a fantasy

Sad, in a way.

If you wrote a thread saying 'today I bought fish and chips', I wouldn't write back saying 'YOU ARE A LIAR'.

But then, I am not a cynic.

When you finally get that seemingly impossibly elusive g/f, and she says 'Hey I got offered that job I went for', I'd strongly recommend you don't answer 'That is BS you complete LIAR.' as, to put it simply, she'll think you're a cynic and go find a nicer guy to hang around with! :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sad, in a way.

If you wrote a thread saying 'today I bought fish and chips', I wouldn't write back saying 'YOU ARE A LIAR'.

But then, I am not a cynic.

When you finally get that seemingly impossibly elusive g/f, and she says 'Hey I got offered that job I went for', I'd strongly recommend you don't answer 'That is BS you complete LIAR.' as, to put it simply, she'll think you're a cynic and go find a nicer guy to hang around with! :)

answer this simple question, where did you buy your kit from?

links?

Permabanned
OP
answer this simple question, where did you buy your kit from?

links?

I bought it online. I bought them from work. I honestly can't remember where from. What would it prove if I did? It has a nice kind of mini-farmhouse in it, which is awesome. Whats the point of this? If I was lying I could drag 50 links up in 30 seconds - therefore any answer proves nothing. Exactly the same as if I posted a picture I sneakily took (risking my job) - within 2 minutes you just write 'FAKE'. It's dull. It's pointless. It's retarded. You keep being the cynic, but as I said previously, don't be too surprised when you have loads trouble getting/keeping a g/f as they won't stand for cynic sillyness like this, they'll just think 'I'm not going out with a bloke who thinks I'm a liar when I tell him I've just bought a dress'! You've gotta be careful if you're a cynic or you risk being a little lonely long-term TBH as IRL people will think 'I don't want to spend my time hanging around this bloke' :(

Now my simple question to you:

How many chucks could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?'

Last edited:
Associate

:rolleyes:

Not taking sides but you're just digging yourself a bigger hole!

If you really bought all this stuff, it would take you less than 10 seconds to say where you bought it from and people would probably be more inclined to believe you but by being defensive and giving excuses that anyone could throw some random links around you're just making it worse.

Soldato
I bought it online. I bought them from work. I honestly can't remember where from. What would it prove if I did? It has a nice kind of mini-farmhouse in it, which is awesome. Whats the point of this? If I was lying I could drag 50 links up in 30 seconds - therefore any answer proves nothing. Exactly the same as if I posted a picture I sneakily took (risking my job) - within 2 minutes you just write 'FAKE'. It's dull. It's pointless. It's retarded. You keep being the cynic, but as I said previously, don't be too surprised when you have loads trouble getting/keeping a g/f as they won't stand for cynic sillyness like this, they'll just think 'I'm not going out with a bloke who thinks I'm a liar when I tell him I've just bought a dress'! You've gotta be careful if you're a cynic or you risk being a little lonely long-term TBH as IRL people will think 'I don't want to spend my time hanging around this bloke' :(

Now my simple question to you:

How many chucks could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?'

We only want links so we can make our own Antwars :(

Soldato
I bought it online. I bought them from work. I honestly can't remember where from.

You might want to try to remember as you've just put £4 each for a new batch. I'm guessing you are the syndicate's administrator seeings you say it was you who bought the first lot. Do customs let you have packages delivered to work by the way, how does that work?

Permabanned
OP
You might want to try to remember as you've just put £4 each for a new batch. I'm guessing you are the syndicate's administrator seeings you say it was you who bought the first lot. Do customs let you have packages delivered to work by the way, how does that work?

We have bought new ants, not new ant farms. We got the ants from a different place from where we got the farms. I can't remember where we bought the ant farms from but they are exactly this type:

http://www.mustget1.com/ant-farm-wi...1.html?zenid=c5ec8193f718c5edcf5d3baea127a725

Yea we just get stuff posted to work and it arrives in a tray about 5 metres away from where I sit and it's not customs checked as far as I'm aware (we get lots of marketing gumpfh through as well)!!

You have to wet the sand, and water the ants every few days. The queen doesn't do anything until she feels threatened she just sits there. When they send the ants they send them in a testtube with a bit of kind of cardboard that has been scrunched up and dipped in water. They arrive in about 4 days. You've got to be careful buying hte ants as sometimes on the pictures there is no perspective so if you get it wrong some will be much bigger than others. The tubing is easy to fit (designed for multiple ant farms actually). The ants REALLY try and get out of the connections so make sure they are absolutely tight (especially remember to put the cover on after you've poured their water in).

You have to be very careful around the nests if you shake them the sand kind of half collapses. The ants seems to have no ryme or reason with regards to how to build the caverns and where. The queen ant ALWAYS just stays in the testtube unless you tip her out, she's really very dull until the very end. All the queens were about 5mm big. THe black ants were smaller than the red ants but seemed more ferocious! And i've already talked about their bizarre behaviour with each other's corpses ..

We were thinking for the next one of just putting the water in a central cavern as a 'resource' that therefore demans fighting for control of the aforementioned 'resource'!!

:)

Anyway as someone else said it doesn't matter if you don't believe me - cheeky calling someone a liar (over something so silly) but I realise this is the internet and far too anonymous for it's own good!!

If I did post a piccy (like I did when I got the first water-cooled 5970 in the country and 3*30 inch monitors) people immediately scream 'FAKE'!! :( Doh!

Britters. ...

Last edited:
Soldato
We were thinking for the next one of just putting the water in a central cavern as a 'resource' that therefore demans fighting for control of the aforementioned 'resource'!!

What with the sand aspect, you only need to chuck in a couple of earthworms and some chip spice and you've got your very own Dune. Watch out if one of the ants ascends to be the kwisatz haderach though, might take over the office a bit.

Soldato
Do you believe its possible for a company to decide

'No photos'

But NOT to specifically write in their rules

'No ant farms'

??

Or is that not possible? :) Does your company formally not allow ant-farms? Precisely ..

It seems highly unlikely that a company would have a sufficiently strict policy on employee conduct as to restrict the taking of photos, and yet give managers the freedom to let their staff keep ant colonies. Common sense is usually a requirement of being in control of an office full of staff...

How long would a manager last in his job if the ants escaped?

...but anyway, this was not the point of my original post. It's certainly a cool idea, whether it happened or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom