New 27-inch UltraSharp U2711 WQHD announced.

Soldato

Apologies that this isn't related to the review but I didn't want to sign upto another forum just to post a small snippet..

Re: Your review of Color Eyes Display Pro, did you use that to validate a profile made by Lacie's blue eye software as well? It's just that a lot of software will self validate it's own profiles very well, but not ones made by other software, because it has all the values it's trying to achieve and return built in. Whilst I have no experience with Blue Eye Pro, CEDP is considered to be one of the best pieces of software in the industry, and I think using Blue Eye Pro to validate the worthiness of the program could potentially lead to some wrong findings. If you have the time I would be interested to see the result in reverse! (Using CEDP to validate a BEP profile).

Soldato
Im pretty interested in one of these for work. I am a software developer and currently use a Dell 2407. Would the text size be bigger or smaller than 2407?

I don't have a problem with the 24" but any smaller might be a strain after using it for 10+ hrs

Soldato
Great stuff, Badass. Love to see the comprehensive reviews on your site.

Im pretty interested in one of these for work. I am a software developer and currently use a Dell 2407. Would the text size be bigger or smaller than 2407?
Text on the 2711 would be 21% smaller at native resolution if I'm not mistaken.

Man of Honour

I don't have a problem with the 24" but any smaller might be a strain after using it for 10+ hrs

smaller text at native res due to the smaller pixel pitch of 0.233mm vs 0.270mm of the 2407WFP

Soldato
smaller text at native res due to the smaller pixel pitch of 0.233mm vs 0.270mm of the 2407WFP

Hi Mate,
Just trying to get my head around the size. I also have a 17" Dell Laptop with 1920x1200 resolution. It looks like the text size is bigger than my 17" which means it should be OK.

Are these value about right?

15" 1440x900: 0.231 mm
17" 1680x1050: 0.219 mm
17" 1920x1200: 0.191 mm

Associate
Hi all

I have just seen my friends u2711 and was not to impressed with it, dont get me wroung the monitor is nice but the problems i found was

1 the coating for the anti glare is way over the top makes it look all gliter and sparkles not nice

2 the text is so small you have to have 20 20 vision to read it hence you need to increes the text size up to 125% from 100% which makes the desktop have less space and defeating the purpose of a 27" monitor

shame but to be honest i would wait for apple to release there 27" in april has a far better picture but you would still get the ptoblem of small text.

so i might go for a 3 24" 1200 monitor setup instead.

Associate
first post and adding my thoughts to the debate.

I've had my 2711 for the best part of a month and its just great. Bought from No Competitor Talk Please! and their service has been faultless.

The screen gives good images right out the box, it's now calibrated for photography and the extra realestate is a fantastic boon.

Using Win 7 text is easily readable, though if too small there is the OS facility of increasing font size. Driving the screen with a ATI V7700 graphics card, had some issues with the Display Port connection which seems common with the OS but no issues with the DVI link.

Be adding a second screen soonish.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Associate
I got this monitor yesterday and as amazing as it is mine seems to have a rather niggling fault with it. For some reason, when I switch it on, for about 10 minutes the picture seems to...wobble, shake. :( It's quite prominent at the top right of the screen, it's quite hard to explain. Then after 10 minutes it seems to stop.

At first I thought it was the graphics card, not being capable of giving the resolution of 2560x1440 but I then began to notice it was doing the same on my Xbox 360.

It's so frustrating because apart from this issue it's an absolutely incredible monitor. Is it possible it needs to warm up or something? Has anyone else noticed this with their model?

I'm now waiting for a DELL order number to be given to me from OC so that I can return in back and get it replaced with a new one. I can't believe I'm having to do this really after spending £900 on it and not even having for 24hrs.

If anyone knows whether this is normal (atlthough I doubt it as none of my other monitors have ever done this) then please let me know. Because to be honest I can't be doing with the hassle of having to wait in all day for Dell to come and pick it up and replace it only to find the new one still does the same thing.

Associate
There should be a large white sticker on the side of the box
From that you need to give dell the....

Work order number & the name & address that dell shipped the monitor to (SHIP TO)

Then on the back of the monitor you will find it's TAG number

Also a copy of the sales invoice or if obtained at an auction provide the auction number

Thats what they asked me for, I got a mail back within a few hours telling me the process been completed successfully.

Back
Top Bottom