*** Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread ***

Soldato
Just finished a pretty good night's session.

Can't be bothered taking this game seriously any more, so we just use F2000 shotguns and riot shield in SnD, and occasionally javelins on Ground War. Ended up in a lobby with some horribly chavvy people from Birmingham that made it quite entertaining with the usual 'if this was in real life i'd kill you' etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished a pretty good night's session.

Can't be bothered taking this game seriously any more, so we just use F2000 shotguns and riot shield in SnD, and occasionally javelins on Ground War. Ended up in a lobby with some horribly chavvy people from Birmingham that made it quite entertaining with the usual 'if this was in real life i'd kill you' etc.

Always best just to have fun. With all the random stuff and spamming there's no point taking pub games seriously. I've had such a great time recently with using non popular loadouts.

Soldato
I always try to have fun. Can't be bothered about camping and worrying about my k/d ratio.
The most fun I have with this game is on small maps like favela,when i'm running around SPASsing people to death:D

Good man. I really think they need to have an option to lock stats. Its very easy to care about certain numbers (human nature I guess) so the option to just turn them off would be great IMO. Once locked they are reset as well. Any time you want them back you can just unlock them. I wonder how much difference something like this would make to the overall game experience as in the quality of the matches.

With no numbers being effected I'm sure you'd see a lot more people just trying to get the win on objective based games.

Caporegime
Removing the K/D ratio and just putting on a win ratio would improve the game no end. I play in a regular team of 5 or 6 and we have games where people on our team are swearing in rage at getting killed while going for an objective. Yet you look at the score and we are winning 160-30.

Simple to clear up, 50xp a kill, 1000xp an objective and get rid of that damn K/D. I can't help looking at it myself. Which is strange because I didn't care one bit in cod 4. Maybe because getting streaks are so important.

Soldato
Removing the K/D ratio and just putting on a win ratio would improve the game no end. I play in a regular team of 5 or 6 and we have games where people on our team are swearing in rage at getting killed while going for an objective. Yet you look at the score and we are winning 160-30.

Simple to clear up, 50xp a kill, 1000xp an objective and get rid of that damn K/D. I can't help looking at it myself. Which is strange because I didn't care one bit in cod 4. Maybe because getting streaks are so important.

Yeah that's a good idea. Win loss only unless you want more. Maybe just have each one available to lock/unlock as you wish.

Associate
Years ago I used to play in private forum matches many of us used to drink (I still have the huge brandy style glass which holds a full bottle of wine :p) and some didn't. Even though the game had no stats in it I couldn't persuade the organisers to drop the later inclusion of an external stats parser. It wasn't so bad, but you noticed after a while the same people migrating to the winning side every time :(

So I agree no stats are at times great for gameplay and fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
speaking of the shotgun attachment, what the hell is with the range of that..! some dude last night was owning everyone with shotgun on ACR i believe, nobody could get close, was outshooting people with assault rifles with a freaking shotgun? :confused: its almost as needlessly over-powered as the UMP! :D

Back
Top Bottom