Beaten Labrador puppy caught on CCTV!

Soldato
No one can say "yes the dog will recover" or "no it won't" because none of us are psychic, chances are though the most likely outcome is once it's being taken care of and rehomed and loved for a couple of months/years it'll recover fine.

I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't really make a difference does it? Behaviour like that is unacceptable.

Soldato
I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't really make a difference does it? Behaviour like that is unacceptable.

Never mentioned the guys behaviour, but yes that was completely out of order and he should be punished for it!

I was just diving into the conversation that everyone was having about the dog recovering or not :p

Associate
No one can say "yes the dog will recover" or "no it won't" because none of us are psychic, chances are though the most likely outcome is once it's being taken care of and rehomed and loved for a couple of months/years it'll recover fine.

I really hope she can recover from this however, even when she gets a good home and a loving owner, theres a possibility she will still be very nervous ect.
I have seen it too many times sadly :(
My ex girlfriend's cat was badly treated by a male owner before she had it. After that the cat was never the same and became scared of any man that got close to her.

Caporegime
Silly comment I'm afraid. Moments where dogs in particular are put in extremely stressful situations like this can impact life long changes on the behaviour of the animal and in some cases their personality can change completely from that point on.

Not saying it'll be 100% OK, but it'll be fine with a bit of care and attention and will make a perfectly fine pet for someone who is prepared to look after it properly.

Mistreated animals are re-homed all the time.

Soldato
I'm not sure if the poster who mentioned it being on par with child abuse is confused about which type of abuse he means physical/sexual? Either way I don't think the two are level however I condone neither

I do hope he does not have an acidient because things like falling down a long flight of stairs several times does happen.

Why don't you just say if you ever see him you're going to push him down several flights of steps.

I appreciate peoples disgust but posting horrible and violent ways in which to hurt this particular example of scum just makes me ,and many others I'm sure, laugh.

Soldato
Funny how people get more wound up about animals being abused than they do African children dying on TV.

Jus' saying

I think people are desensitised to the African children thing though, seeing as it's on adverts every 5 minutes ("PLEASE give £3 a month YOU SELFISH *******!"). We hardly get animal cruelty shoved in our faces every day.

Personally I cringe a bit at the African issues and think we should be sending condoms along with the other aid.

Soldato
I think people are desensitised to the African children thing though, seeing as it's on adverts every 5 minutes ("PLEASE give £3 a month YOU SELFISH *******!"). We hardly get animal cruelty shoved in our faces every day.

Personally I cringe a bit at the African issues and think we should be sending condoms along with the other aid.

Completely agree, though personally i combine the above with the feeling that human beings have the ability to help themselves, animals do not, humans understand what is happening, animals do not.

Soldato
A bloke at work had to two pet cats and he moved house and left them locked in. So eventually they starved to death, all he got was 2-4 year ban of keeping pets and a fine.

Soldato

Yes 'we' do get animal cruelty shoved in our faces all the time, even silly things like throwing a cat in a bin.

Completely agree, though personally i combine the above with the feeling that human beings have the ability to help themselves, animals do not, humans understand what is happening, animals do not.

But how exactly is a poor child in Africa suppose to help themselves?

I'm pretty sure a poor child in Africa, with no education has little idea what's actually going on.

Last edited:
Soldato
But how exactly is a poor child in Africa suppose to help themselves?

I'm pretty sure a poor child in Africa, with no education has little idea what's actually going on.

A small child in africa still has more knowledge of it's surroundings (well, over about 3 years old anyway) than a dog. And like pianobasher says, people are desensitized to it all now, it's rammed down our throats and made to be our problem so much and so often that people just don't really bat an eyelid over it anymore.

People go "aww" occasionaly, give a few £ on children and need / red nose day or whatever and for them that's the africa problem done for another year. Whereas they don't have that with animal cruelty so see it as a more shocking event.

Back
Top Bottom