• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unlock your ATI 6950 to a 6970 Thread

Caporegime
OP
winflash.jpg

I got a buuble message saying display driver has stopped working and has now recovered:eek:

Does everything look ok? It seems odd that it doesnt display the current bios...?

I'm about to load the 6970 bin file

Caporegime
OP
Ok I went for it it started and then a message appeared saying "could not erase rom"

I have the switch position in 1

EDIT: If you get an error like ID mismatch or Could not erase ROM, then you'll have to do some extra work in a command prompt: Run atiwinflash -unlockrom 0 followed by atiwinflash -f -p 0 bios.bin where bios.bin is the path and filename of the HD 6970 BIOS you downloaded.

Guess I'll have to do in DOS and make a Bootable USB :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a look at the "techpowerup" article and right at the bottom it says "HIS" 3 tried, 3 successful unlocks, looks like these have a good track record. Already got one, and another coming in the post for Xfire hpefully by the end of the week.
He....Xfire 6970 for £426, bargain:D:)

Caporegime
OP
Pyr0m@nI@]{;18083384 said:
ok, open the folder where you have atiwinflash, hold shift down and right-click in a blank area
you should see a menu item "Open command window here"
this will open a cmd window at that location and you can just type the commands

Ok done that

do I need winflash running at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom